• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going a week and i want to quit for the rest of my life...i never want to smoke weed ever again and i have been smoking for over 5 years ( chronicly) so this is the hardest thing in the world to do.....so wish me good luck

I've tried to 'stop' and 'cut down' so many times, and I always end up smoking a bunch again. The reason I want to limit my pot smoking is because it makes me anti-social. Being friendly, confident, and lucid is a way better high than pot gives me anymore.

My plan is... I can smoke twice a month. it has to be on a weekend, and they can't be consecutive. Also, I can just smoke one 'sesh.'

So far its been... 4 days or so ?

hard time quitting weed

well, after a year and a half of daily smoking while watching my gpa slip along with losing a lot of my friends (non smokers) who i stopped hanging out with because i only really wanted to get high and they didnt, i have decided to stop smoking weed. i have read many of the threads here on quitting weed and i was just wondering if anyone else is going through that right now also? i ask because im wondering how your situation is going.

im only on day2 right now and it is really hell. its on my mind all the time and i had a real hard time getting to sleep last night. i have no appetite at all, and all i feel like doing is getting high, but im trying my best not too.

i also deleted all my dealers phone numbers and phone numbers of people who werent really friends, but just people i got high with. that actually did help somewhat, because earlier this morning, i also called me dealer, but of course, his number was deleted. then, i actually went to my cell phone company's website to check my calls for last month, but before i got his number, i decided just to turn off the computer and watch a movie.

i know this is turning more into a rant than anything else really, but man, i really didnt expect it to be this hard. so if anyone else is going through this, hows your experience going? all words of encouragement are also greatly appreciated :)

oh yea, i also threw away all my pipes and bongs. even with all the precautions im taking, im scared i will fall back into my old routine.

try taking melatonin supplaments to help with sleep.

pot put some people to sleep b/c it releases a lot of melatonin in the body. It will probably help with the sleep.

good luck

I been smoking daily on and off for 10 years now and I find it not hard to stop smoking up I always come back too it I havent smoked for 2 months now but I know I will go back to daily smoking again some day

i know what your going through man.. i recently stopped smoking for a while and it was hell at first.. the real hard times for me are always over after about 4-5 days..
melatonin does seem to help but i also take some valerian with it.. i find the combination of the 2 really takes the edge off at those weak points.. i watched a lot of movies to help keep my mind off of it too....
good luck to ya bro..

another thing to do if youre still trying to quit, is hang out with people who DON'T smoke or people who aren't going to have some bud and ask you if you wanna smoke, because if you're in that postition there's no way in hell youre going to pass it up. i've tried to quit smoking due to me getting arrested + drug test should be coming up soon, but i just can't. the fatherst i have gotten has been 1 1/2 days without smoking. i think i'm doomed haha.

im 8 days into my THC detox.first three days were a fucking nightmare.
stating the obvious:keep busy.
ive just been in the park all day playing football (Soccer to you yanks)....absolutely exhausted.
i can't deny that i haven't been thinking about phoning up my mates to give me an 1/8th.but i havent.

ALSO for some strange reason i can hang around my mates when there puffing and resist the temptation.
it aint crack cocaine mate there is no real need for you to go and buy it.
also go and get some pussy.in the last 2 days i've managed to hustle two girls for their phone numbers.

Yeah i find the first few days to be the worse, especially days 2-4. Thats usually when I'm scrounging for resin if I'm out and such. The mild withdrawl symptoms (lack of appetite, insomnia) should reside by day 5-6. If you need help sleeping you could try getting some Benadryl, that should do the job putting you to sleep.

For the psychological aspect, just occupy yourself with other things. You said it before, watching a movie is a good idea. I'm on my 8th day of not smoking, and I think I've seen about 10 movies in the past 8 days.

quitting weed is tough the first few times. i used to not be hungry, have very vivid dreams about smoking, and just be in a haze for a week at least the first few times i quit. after that, it gets much better though, your head cleares up, you can actually remember what you did 5 minutes ago.
now when i quit, i dont even think about it. which is nice, this is exactly where i wanted to be with weed, where it doesnt matter whether or not im smoking.

Well I just wasted half my life reading this thread.... John Mason, you were doing so well! Ah well....

My girlfriend and I are stopping weed too (will still drink and ping now and then of course....) I don't really care either way if I do but I have been telling her she needs to as she is really depressed at times, unreasonable, always stoned, da di da di da.....

Its been 4 days for us and I'm not too bad apart from the sleep thing (will try melatonin). Her on the other hand....grumpy, emotional, very picky, won't eat ANYTHING, and the sleep thing.

She is going to the doc today and also a cannibus detox place shortly for some more info.

Good luck to anyone else that is doing it!

hey there, im taking a break too, i usually smoke for one week then quit for 1 week, but now im planning to quit for a few months. i find that full body exercises and weight lifting (not just a jog or a few pushups or situps) helps me a lot...keeps my appetite and helps me sleep. meditation also works great if you do it right. if needed, low dose of valium or downers or alcohol (not combined!) most of all, eat healthy and keep yourself busy

I'm thinking about quitting cannabis because I found myself smoking in the morning. I wake up, clean a bit my apartment, listen to some music and then I roll a spliff. Only after I go out, or I take one to smoke on the road...then I'll inevitably meet someone and smoke again...eventually I'm stone all the day long.

This sound like something classic, I know...but it's like that for 4 years now. the problem is that I've constantly some weed under my hand and I really like to smoke weed. I've noticed that i've quit tobacco without decide it ! the weed is just so good, don't need crappy cig anymore ! and I really don't want to smoke more tobacco again to decrease my weed consummation...

okay, sorry to wrote some words about me here, but I'm just considering to REALLY decrease my cannabis consummation and I need to fix it here.

thanks for support, luck for the quitters & congrats for those who have had success !

I agree with you junkie, excercise and keeping busy are vital.

It's funny, I have been smoking every evening for nearly 10 years but stopping has been really easy, although I'm only on day 5 I guess.

My girl is still struggling. She's been on it for nearly 17 years and is getting all the detox signs. Yesterday she went to a drug counselling place and was really positive about doing it. The doc wouldn't give her any sleeping tablets though so we got some stuff from the local herbalist. We both had some last night and viola! We slept....thank god!

Today however she is so jittery and emotional. I really hope that she will be fine by the weekend. According to this forum, 7 days should be the time the symptoms end.

lysergication, if you think it's time for a break then do it. Only you know when enoughs enough. Don't let it get to a stage when other people have to tell you to.

john mason said:
Yeah rehab for bud... funny I know, my parents are bitches. Anyone know how long alcohol stays in the system for?

Each drink takes about an hour to metabolize

This Monday will be Day 1 for me. Im going all out and quitting for at least 3 months if not more. I too want to go back and experience my true self back 4 years ago. I want to get back with my family, friends, school and save almost every single penny i make. Right now i only work about 15-20 hours a week at my job and i think that if i go out and apply for another job then i'll be able to not have so much spare time to sit and think about smoking. I can't wait to reach the point of happiness without a substance, you know?

I also wanted to thank jon and too say good job with you're break and everything else that you've learned from the experience. Im going to be keeping track of the days of my break and i'll let you all know!

Im looking forward to a new life and a new feeling. :)

peace,

swayn3

Day 2 of my break, im not feeling the urge to smoke currently, although it would be great to just get high and relax, but fuck it, i'll just wait the 3 months out like i should. I just need to push myself more then ever before. I know for a fact that the days to come will be very very tough. It's going to be hard.

I'll get back to you all on my progress!

peace,

swayn3

Status
Not open for further replies.