• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much cocaine is too much?

LiquorLaureate

Bluelighter
I ask this because I worry about my friends and I. How much cocaine is too much? I would like an answer from someone who has actual experience that knows when too much is too much. My friend was at 2 grams a day, and I really worry about him. He probably only does a gram a day now - it replaced his drinking ways. Me on the other hand lately have been at a half a gram a day combined with around a half a fifth of alcohol. I slowed down when my left nostril would only blow out blood when I blew my nose. Kinda scared the shit out of me when it wouldnt stop for three days. Never have had a nose bleed randomly though.. So anyway, I hope this isnt drunken rambling, but when is too much - too much? I dont want to start another addictive habit, and I would like to be informed what the limits to cocaine should be.

The LD50 was around 91mg/kg.

1 gram a day is quite a big habit.

Well it's hard to relate to the LD50 because cocaine is so impure. If my numbers are right, the DEA confinscates cocaine at the border at around 70-80%, so when it is actually cut I wouldnt be surprised it the coke was only 60% cocaine. I also wouldnt doubt if almost all cocaine in the U.S. is cut with some form, little or alot, of meth. Sometimes I'll grind my teeth before I blow a line or when I anticipate it too much, but I dont think that can be from cocaine - sounds like a meth withdraw, but personally I wouldnt know. Im just trying to find out if a half to a gram a day will give me a heart attack or put holes in my nose in a couple of years, or anything fiercely negative. And, usually when I do coke it's when I drink. I rarely blow without another substance. I just love mixing the two because the coke completely takes away the "downer" side effects of alcohol, it wakes my ass up and I probably piss off people even more because I love to talk on coke and alcohol, but hell, I feel like superman for twice as long thanks to taking alot of shots with it..

91mg/kg is a lot. That's 5.7g of pure Cocaine for me, more then I could ever afford.

i can just warn you cocain can lead easily into psychosis, maybe the alc reduces some of the psycotic side effects but i was pretty much ready for the mentalhospital after 2 month consumption (1-2g day) and a final 2 day bing. i saw shadows, heard noises/voices and saw people following me , that is what _real_ paranoia feels. so keep you consumption low. It also saves you lots of Cash, but who do i tell that. :)

Yeah the psychosis part is probably the worst. That's why I would reccomend taking a break from the shit. Coke can be fun, but it isn't fun when you're fiending for it everyday and you have to stay up till 6-7 AM in the morning every day.

Chubba75 said:
91mg/kg is a lot. That's 5.7g of pure Cocaine for me, more then I could ever afford.
That's to get up to the LD50 though. An LD5 dose would be lower, and would kill 1 out of 20. Think about it. It's still dangerous at levels well below the LD50. ;)

7-hoe-7 said:
i wouldnt worry about 2 grams a day...

I hope that was said with a pinch of sarcasm. Doing coke eveyday, no matter how much, is too much.
Too addictive to do so often.......
Personally I would say both you and your friend already have a problem. Best left to special occasions or at the very most weekends and even then.....
I say this from personal experience not from an anti-coke standpoint. Trust me I know how nice (and how addictive it is).

2 grams a day isn't wise but not deadly.. speaking from experience. You know you've had too much when you've gotten there. If you start getting antsy and hallucinations, you need to cut back before you push that threshhold. Hallucinations during the peak isn't necessarily a good sign, but if due to delirium (there are differences) it isn't all that bad. Either way... visuals suck on it regardless. If you're worried about it, just don't do it (??). Alcohol with coke is russian roulette anyways.. you can OD on one or the other and not know you've had too much until it's too late. Especially with that much alcohol. Chill on the coke for a while and let your nose heal up. Blood is never a good sign either.

Chill on the coke and tell your friend to chill as well. Money begins to disappear and you wonder where it went and in the end, leads to much denial of where the 1000s of dollars went that went incidentally up your nose.

cheers.

That's to get up to the LD50 though. An LD5 dose would be lower, and would kill 1 out of 20. Think about it. It's still dangerous at levels well below the LD50.
Yep :) Although you would never see me with more then 300mg of Cocaine, because it's a complete rip-off... the equivalent of 5.7 pure Cocaine is well beyond my budget :)

(and how addictive it is).

cocaine is addictive like weed is adictive.. its all in the mind, if you really need to stop you can.. i walked away from some frequent heavy use with no problem.. its all in the mind

yea please slow down. Daily coke usuage generally leads to some form of depression/anxiety, or in worse cases psychosis.....none of these are very fun. I mean just think to yourself, do I really want to get coked up everyday, mix it up a bit.

Personaly I think that's too much but if you can afford it and can't see any negative side effects yet then maybe you and your buddies can handle doing those sorts of amounts.

2 grams a day? I put a ball in my arms on a friday and saturday night, i know people who do more than that. If you can afford iit then go for it, people enjoy partying in their own ways.

I love how everyone in this thread is passing judgement just because it's coke or what not. Everyone in here telling dude man that he is an alcoholic and a coke fiend needs to just hush. I am sure you do things that people think are extreme at one point or another as well. A regular coke user typically uses around 1-2 grams per session depending on tolerance. It varies, just like opiates. Some people can do a line and freak out, lucky them. Others, like myself and my friends, require a bit more to get full effects.

Just stick to erowid for LD50 information and read up on the experience page from people who had glowing and freak-out experiences. Everything there is useful. Do what feels right to you. Still, I'd take it easy on the booze or combination play with yayo. Accidents happen to the least suspecting people. cheers.

Yeh money is one of the bigger issues, but I always get a good chuck of rock, and the coke is always really good. My friend buys it in bulk for pretty cheap so I get a great deal on it. Not that I cant afford a gram a day, just that I would rather have that money put elsewhere like into some things for car. So Im gonna try to limit myself to it on the weekends. I was fiending really bad last night when I was out kickin it and drinking.. it is rough when I get drunk - I really want to blow.

Ive always been told that you shouldnt mix alcohol and cocaine at toxic or high levels, but Ive never heard what the exact amount that you shouldnt cross is. One of my friends drank a fifth and blew a couple of lines and skipped his classes on day, but his face went staight into the concrete floor outside of his dorm. I dont think I have ever mixed more than about 12 shots and a half gram in an hour, and I never have really felt negative side effects the next day besides light depression.

And I probably am an alcoholic, but I dont have physical withdraws - just mental. But Im in college, you only live once.. Only thing I physically withdraw from is cigarettes.. I cant think straight and everything slows down and goes fast at the same time. And the middle of my forehead hurts.

If you are blowing blood out your nose for three days, you're doing too much.

Sometimes addiction can really block people's common sense.