Bluelight

Thread: Hydrocodone (Lortab 5/500) - First time - Slow peak, fast decay, slight sedation

1. Collapse Details
    Hydrocodone (Lortab 5/500) - First time - Slow peak, fast decay, slight sedation 
    Oral administration of 10 mg hydrocodone at 10:50 PM.

My arms began to feel slightly heavy around 11:15 PM, and my foot was tapping to the music (but I think that was just the music).

At 11:20 PM I took another 5 mg.

At about 11:40 PM my body began to feel relatively heavy. I had problems typing correctly. And it was slightly difficult to concentrate on one object. Also focusing was a bit hard (but that could have been because I was wearing contact lenses).

Around 12:00 AM I felt very relaxed. I closed my eyes, listened to the music (Piero Umiliani - Panoramica [Cinematic Orchestra Remix], to be exact) and felt my fingers sink into the keyboard.

This continued for about 10 or 15 minutes.

But then I began a short rant to my friend about religion. This may have disrupted my high.

By 12:45 AM I was feeling relaxed but not heavy or sedated in the least.

It is now 1:45 AM and I feel mostly normal. Except I am feeling rather awake.

Overall it was a decent feeling, consisting primarily of sedation. I did not feel any euphoric effects.

I think next time I will start with 15 mg and then take another 5 mg if needed.

2. Collapse Details

i enjoyed the report as i also have those pills (vicodins, but same ratio) im going to chew 3 i think, but now i kinda know what to expect

3. Collapse Details
    quick experience in feedback 
    well last night i chewed 15 mgs (first time any opiate)... im 150 pounds and it came on surpisingly fast (15 minutes tops).. i agree with your report but mine seemed to last longer... i would suggest going for 15 next time- an hour and a half after ingestion i smoked some weed and have never been so high in my life... i was extremely spacing out, i dont think it was the nod though.

4. Collapse Details

try closer to like 20-25mg with hydrocodone, and then hit a bowl of weed once you start to feel real good, its such a nice feeling.

5. Collapse Details

^^ I'm 230 lbs. so thats probably one reason and the fact I did 10 and then 5.

Yeah, some weed would make that a nice ride. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

6. Collapse Details

Weed + opiates is niice
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Collapse Details

I was recently dealing with a dental abcess. I had a prescription for Vicodin. When I filled it it came back as a generic 7.5/750 mg. hydrocodoneAPAP 12 tablets. The pain from the abcess was extreme and mind absorbing. I took a loading dose of 1500 mg. (2 tabs) plus 800mg. ibuprofen orally.

Within 35 minutes I had a real sense of distance from the pain. I could still feel it but it was less intolerable. I guess I am kind of a hardhead due to a long time affinity for smoked opium and alcohol in my youth. However, I really wanted to stop the pain altogether and due to the fact I was sitting on a good supply of 5/500 mg. hydrocodone/APAP tabs from an earlier surgery I felt I could experiment.

45 minutes after 1500 mg. loading dose I took another 5/500 mg. hydrocodone/APAP tablet and propped myself up on the couch to try and watch a favorite movie on DVD with surround sound. 30 minutes later I had feelings of body detachment and the classic "set of eyeball on the pillow" feeling. I was aware of the movie and the sound but I can remember the sensation of body sensation leaving. My wife is a healthcare professional and a good sitter and I remember telling her about the dosage and telling to watch me for problems and switch the movie when it was over. The entire time I was conscious and warm/fuzzy.
    2 hours later I felt a stabbing pain in my upper jaw and the familar pounding was coming back. I could hardly believe it was poking thru 20 mg.'s of hydrocodone even after 2 hours. I quickly tried to calculate the time remaining until Monday morning and the dentist office and tabs remaining but the synthetic poppy was clouding that endevor.
    I decided to start alternating 800 mg doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen every two hours. I got up and went to the kitchen. It was quite an experience, like walking thru fog that pulled at my feet and legs. I got a drink and took another 7.5/750 mg hydrocodone/APAP tab.
    I later realized that even though the pain had come back there was still quite a bit of hydrocodone in my system. The 7.5/750mg tab put me back on the couch with extreme feelings of floating, well being, zero pain and warm fuzzies.
    It is easy to see why opiates have such a high potential for addiction and abuse.

Nice time except for the root canal and the dental bill.
    Last edited by palehorse; 04-04-2004 at 06:45.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yeah when i first started opiates besides the 20mg of percocet or 25mg every other day roxicodone 15mg of hydrocodone would make me feel fuzzy after 30minutes then last a lil bit it wasnt untill i took 4 5/500 mg pills did I enjoy the nice euphoric warmthnes for a couple of hours...a couple of times on rare ocations have i took 3 vicodin es' only to not feel effects for 2 hours then to have a lil euphoric buzz for almost the whole night (odd) but good report and enjoy just watch out for addiction opiates will do the trick even if you are a high willed person I know (been there done that)...

9. Collapse Details

Ive taken 8 lortab 7.5 in one dose. Great feeling.

10. Collapse Details

just to update my earlier statements, go for 20 instead from now on. for a beginner, these 5 mgs make all the difference in the world.

11. Collapse Details

can anyone explain why some people don't experience euphoric effects when they begin using opiates while other people get high their first time? when i first started experimenting with hydrocodone i didn't get any euphoria or warm fuzzyness. after about 10 uses i started to get warm and relaxed but it wasn't til like 20 uses before i felt the opiate euphoria. warm, fuzzy on the inside, glowing, relaxed, comfortable, happy, dreamy.

12. Collapse Details

^perhaps this thread is too long dead, but if it helps, i think its probably psychological more than anything- you really began to become comfortable with it and look forward to taking it, so there was an added relief and happiness just because you were returning to [hydrocodone].

13. Collapse Details

as a second thought, it may very well be chemical, in which case i wouldnt know about that.

14. Collapse Details

yeah 10 mg is nothing

fuck hydrocodone tho!

15. Collapse Details

I took 20 mg hydrocodone after smoking a bowl and it left me in completely immobile state of euphoria for nearly 1 hour. I took 26 mg of oxycodone once after drinking 9 beers and smoking two bowls, that was my first time with opiates and I absolutely felt like god for the next 3 hours. Undescribable feeling. I think only if I tried heroin or Ecstasy could I replicate that feeling, it was intense.
    ~Enlitx

16. Collapse Details
    Re: Hydrocodone (Lortab 5/500) - First time - Slow peak, fast decay, slight sedation 
    Originally posted by asmodeus256
    But then I began a short rant to my friend about religion. This may have disrupted my high.
    MAY have?? Am I the only one around here that is positive that religion and drugs just don't mix?!

17. Collapse Details
    Re: Re: Hydrocodone (Lortab 5/500) - First time - Slow peak, fast decay, slight sedation 
    Originally posted by Mean Girl
    MAY have?? Am I the only one around here that is positive that religion and drugs just don't mix?!
    Well, unless you are a hardcore atheist who laughs at religious sentiments..... then it just makes the high funnier