• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

gay marriages (merged)

Mellow*D said:
Well those are certainly examples of christian same-sex unions, and thankyou for posting them because I had never read of those before!

Still, that doesn't change the fact that the modern churches do not condone same-sex unions. I'm sure if you presented those cases to the Pope he would get his cardinals to dismiss it some way or other.

Christianity isn't a contiguous body. And yea, some modern churches DO perform marriage or mariiage like rites for same sex couple, no matter what the pope/antichrist says.

Mellow*D said:
Civil marriage has a founding in religious ceremony, but other than that the modern civil marriage is not religious.

it does not. as i said before, common law marraiges predate church services.

ash01e said:
you wouldnt be posting in here if the topic didnt catch your eye, now would you?..... i think dpuerto needs some gay knowledge spread all over him.....

You aren't the first to make that observation, and you won't be the last. ;)

Some people are just obsessed with the cock. ;)

BlueAdonis said:

I like how when George Bush was asked why gay marriage is wrong, he replied "I just know it is." 8(

Its typical US Government hypocracy. I'm completely supportive of gay marriage. When I see a Governmental leader giving 'I just know it is' as his reason for stamping gay marriage as wrong, it really points out some warning signs.

Why does such a powerful country have to follow the beliefs of one man, I dont see America as being a free country anymore. Ask just about anyone, they are supportive of gay marriage, are absolutely non-supportive of any war..

Look at the reasoning behind both of these arguments. The war for example was based on the hunt for WMDs. Now the Australian government and the US government are backpedalling, saying that intelligence may have been flawed etc. The reasoning behind Bush's stance against gay marriage... he thinks its incorrect, because 'he just knows it is.'

Its like the old saying.. 'I know you are but what am I'

I think Bush needs to take a step back and really consider who the terrorist is. Because he is throwing terror into the hearts and souls of loving gay couples, also the Iraqi and Afghani people, and also every US citizen. Imagine the fear of repercussions.

Back up your statement with facts before you start throwing accusations around.

As I said, go out and ask people yourself. Polls are infamous for fixing. You are only informed by what you read. I think you need to get out more.

if you want, i could go a step further and show that the earliest marraiges in the what became the US were civil unions, but i think i've given some people enough to digest for now.

(not that i think they'll bother)

sonicnature said:
As I said, go out and ask people yourself. Polls are infamous for fixing. You are only informed by what you read. I think you need to get out more.

Because anecdotal evidence is far more useful.

I think you need to get a brain.

fictional means something is not true; it does not describe things that you just don't want to believe.

I'm not saying that I dont believe it, I'm saying the the Government manipulate poll results to gain support for their campaigns.

michael said:
it does not. as i said before, common law marraiges predate church services.

now we're not talking common law marriages as in two people from Tribe A decide to remain faithful to each other....

Im reading a book on the 16th century religious wars, marriage at that time in Europe could only be conducted by a Christian minister. Since the English and consequently, U.S. laws, stem from during and after that period, I find it hard to believe common law marriage predated religious marriage and remained that way in the Western World

i see, now it's not enough that it started out that way, now you want it to have remained that way, and further qualify it by adding 'western world' into the equation. sorry, don't have time to play move the goalposts anymore, but i will add this:

the premise of the statement i was arguing against stated that (paraphrased) "it shouldn't change because it has always been that way, forever." well, it wasn't always that way; it changed and evolved into something it wasn't originally. who is to say that it should not change again? a bunch of religious yahoos who want to project their morals onto society at large?

the argument "but marraige has always meant this and we shouldn't change it" is also patently false, as has been shown over and over; plus think about this - why is changing the meaning of a word so offensive to some?

whether or not any particular person wants it, ideas and constructs evolve. deal with it - you can't change it. you may as well not waste your energy fighting it, because it's going to happen anyway.

Last edited:
sonicnature said:
I'm not saying that I dont believe it, I'm saying the the Government manipulate poll results to gain support for their campaigns.

How do you know this hasn't already happened many years ago and now everyone really DOES support the government because they were fooled into doing that by the first poll? I mean - first you say no one supports the government and now you are saying it is a highly devious campaign to make people support the government (and apparently effective enough to make it a practice used for decades). At what point in time will the first person actually become convinced by this campaign? Has it already happened? When will we reach the saturation point where they have faked so many polls that everyone has changed their mind to co-incide with the results?

How do we know the White House isn't just painted on a flat surface of plywood somewhere in Hollywood?? I never met anyone that saw it first hand. And the government is infamous for manipulating media footage.

We just don't know! Remember - the schizophrenic paranoia is out there (and a bit of truth, too)!

Seriously man, listen to your logic and how circular and frankly disturbingly paranoid it sounds.

--- G.

Last edited:
I think any one should be aloud to get married its not like thay are harming anyone is it so i got no probs with it

I mean - first you say no one supports the government and now you are saying it is a highly devious campaign to make people support the government

Where are the WMDs?

sonicnature said:
Where are the WMDs?
They are in the closet, waiting for the right time to 'come-out' then find some other nice, peaceful WMD's so that they can have a 'civil-union' in San Francisco... Probably just in time for the election as well...

But back to the topic of gay marriage, there is absolutely no harm in having two people officially expressing their love for each other be they a man and a woman, a man and a man, a woman and a woman or any of the other various combinations when you throw in trans-sexuals, hermaphrodites and midgets. As long as everyone is of legal age and consenting every government should keep their moral opinions to themselves.

Also I am curious to know how exactly this is a conspiracy to change the meaning of the word marriage. The biggest feelings here about gay marriage are about equality, both financially and humanitarianly.

CB :)