• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can opiate withdrawal be compared to?

i don't know about you guys but when i go through withdrawal i get extremely emotional, i'm a guy too, but it's like all those emotions that were subdued during my usage just FLOODS back and it's too overwhelming. i'd be crying during an episode of law and order or shit like that, pitiful.

+1 being horny as shit too

and i totally believe what someone said before, each person has their individual 'nasty' sympton that is the worst for them. mine is the crazy 'GOT TO MOVE' legs, especially when i first wake up [if i sleep at all].

This is what I experienced withdrawing from tramadol:
severe depression,
severe anxiety,
aching all over my body,
no energy (couldn't climb more than two steps on a staircase before having to stop and rest,)
crying repeatedly,
brain zaps,
feeling that my vision would move slower than my physical movement / jelly headed feeling,
feeling extremely hot, then extremely cold, and back again over and over,
diarrhoea (literally had to run to the toilet for the first few days,)
insomnia,
frequent nocturnal emissions.

I was taking 600-800 mg daily, and reduced this to 200 mg for a few weeks before I stopped taking it.

I_Stay_Dead said:
frequent nocturnal emissions.
The only time I've had a wet dream (or nocturnal emission) was when I was withdrawaling, in jail (I assume it happened here because I wasn't able to take my normal withdrawal meds like loperamide and all that jazz). It sucked, because I had to wear those clothes for a couple days afterwards. :\ =D

This is a very old thread, back when i thought withdrawal from "180mg" of methadone was the worst (it isn't). What a bitch i was being...

cause i wanna stop my methadone "use" now i have been on 50-100mg a day for a good 4-5 months now ,and i wanna get off but i dont know what to tell my OLD bupe doc cause he said to call him if i couldnt afford the doc visit and we would work somthing out ,i would really like some clonodine and promethazine

any advice guys? i wanna stop all together ,i seriously went 5 yearsw without getting addicted physically and im dead serious but i went just a few days to long and ended up getting w/d and had to keep taking the shit so i could work now i have to take it or i cANT work i want to get back to 2-3 days a week but man its been so long

detroit*whut said:
Imagine how you would feel the day after you got the shit beat out of you, youre whole body kicked and stomped on. Plus diarreah like some really bad food poisoning. Plus depression. Lack of sleep...

indeed :\

when i did feel w/d from opiods i felt ANXIETY ,AND HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FUCKING RESTLESS LEG ,i wish it was just aching ,i can take the sweating and hotflashes ,the chills get to me a bit but the anxiety and restless leg make me wanna run my head into a wall

is there ANYTHING that will take away W/D restless leg? anybody find anything ?

i think with immodium ad ,clonodine,promethazine and maybe a benzo of some sort i could kick the shit rather fast,oh and maybe bupe hehe

Last edited:
The strongest opiate I've ever w/d from has been like 8 days of 120mg oxy. But I've wd from hydro 120mg /day taken for months at a time maybe ten times. Clearly pissant by most standards.

I just feel profoundly exhausted, extremely hot, depressed, anxious, and when I tried to sleep I felt like someone was shaking my spine, making me move my limbs. A really shitty feeling.
I can only imagine what methadone or herion must be like, or any IV opiate for that matter.
It helps when my wife is actually not sympathetic to my drug hijnks. It helps me take responsibility for the fact that I'm the one who keeps getting high and quitting when my tolerance overides the quality of my stash

Keep in mind there are different intensities of withdrawal based on duration of use..... I didn't read all of the posts, but a lot of them seem very extreme.

First of all, depression isn't really that big of an issue if you've got some benzos or just a good mindset to start with. I find that the stronger the withdrawal, the less "sad" you are because you're in more pain. Then again, when w/ding from oxy, I find I do feel a little emptiness in my chest, sort of like that feeling you get when you're really upset or have just gotten dumped, shot down by a girl, etc. But with heroin or fentanyl withdrawal, for example, I've never gotten that tremenduous sad feeling.

The biggest symptom that I never really expected my first several times withdrawing, just because people don't really go into detail about it, is this extreme weakness that goes beyond simpe fatigue. It feels as if you haven't eaten in several days, and it is difficult to do things without getting tremors/shaking a bit- also this involves pain when lifting things or walking up sairs, stuff like that.

I think opiate withdrawal can be compared to not eating for 2 days, combined with an itching crawling feeling under your skin (which turns into straight cramping pain) that you would normally maybe get if you were drinking earlier in the evening and its around 4am, you're trying to sit still at the table, dying to lay down (except it doesn't go away when you lay down).

Sorry if this post wasn't quality, but I'm far from withdrawing from opiates, and closer to nodding out.

lyXw33d said:
Keep in mind there are different intensities of withdrawal based on duration of use..... I didn't read all of the posts, but a lot of them seem very extreme.

First of all, depression isn't really that big of an issue if you've got some benzos or just a good mindset to start with. I find that the stronger the withdrawal, the less "sad" you are because you're in more pain. Then again, when w/ding from oxy, I find I do feel a little emptiness in my chest, sort of like that feeling you get when you're really upset or have just gotten dumped, shot down by a girl, etc. But with heroin or fentanyl withdrawal, for example, I've never gotten that tremenduous sad feeling.

The biggest symptom that I never really expected my first several times withdrawing, just because people don't really go into detail about it, is this extreme weakness that goes beyond simpe fatigue. It feels as if you haven't eaten in several days, and it is difficult to do things without getting tremors/shaking a bit- also this involves pain when lifting things or walking up sairs, stuff like that.

I think opiate withdrawal can be compared to not eating for 2 days, combined with an itching crawling feeling under your skin (which turns into straight cramping pain) that you would normally maybe get if you were drinking earlier in the evening and its around 4am, you're trying to sit still at the table, dying to lay down (except it doesn't go away when you lay down).

Sorry if this post wasn't quality, but I'm far from withdrawing from opiates, and closer to nodding out.

Oh my god....That was beautiful 8o

Wow are you kidding me? Our new bluelighter "omarlittle" bumped this thread from 2004?

Last edited:
^You mean you find it amusing that I highlighted some weak side effects of withdrawal? Or am i misunderstanding you. I've gone through my share of hellish withdrawal as well, trust me. Withdrawing from daily fentanyl use is a lot worse than w/ding from your typical opiate/opioid. I was just trying to get accross a point to somebody who is "not experienced with opiates."