• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can opiate withdrawal be compared to?

IcarusMerkel... Every time the I've been forced to choose the drug wins big time. Taking freedom, degree, family, friends, and leaving worse pain. Try MMT or Bup? Mmt would be better for pain maybe? I've stayed away from it somehow. Opiates have been running my life for 25 years. It really sux. Withdrawals are unbearable to me.

It was the worst expierence of my life. I dont think the average person understands how much mental angish, torture, painful withdrawing from opiates/opiods can be.

Effects very on intensity and duration depending on your habbit and DOC.

I generally get very anxious. Almost like your flight or fight hormone is putting out 24/7. Your heart pounds nonstop like you ran a 100 yard dash, your eyes are wide open like your tweaking out. You have zero energy(your arm feels like it weighs 10lbs), but dont expect sleep rgardless of how tired you are. You will most likely be up straight for 2-3days. While your up around the clock everytime you try and get comfortable you start twitching non stop for hours...arms, legs. Your freezing cold for like ten minutes then in a matter of seconds your burning up. You will have massive dirrohea to the point if your not within 20 feet of a toliet you will most probably at some point defacate on yourself. You will also puke repeadtly regardless of if you have had any food and with such intensity you will defacate at the same time. Forget about being hungry for about a week. After about 6-7 days most of it is over but lingering effects last for weeks. No sleep, depression, restless limbs, zero motivation, nothing brings joy or happiness.

If I had a choice to get kicked in the nuts every 5 mins around the clock for 48 hours or withdraw, Id HONESTLY give GREAT consideration to that option. Nothing in my life rgardless of broken bones, tonsils taken out, falling off a pole from 30 feet, 2nd, 3rd degree purns, loss of a loved one will ever compare to a very nast case of withdrawals. If knew then what I know now I would had never started doing them daily, ignorance on my part.

Opiates/opiods are essential medicines, recreational substances they have their right place in society. I am of the school of thought they should be legal OTC, even after going through what I have. I just think their should be great education in regards to their effects, strength, and withdrawals if taken repeatly over weeks.

You might same...just 3-7 days... during those 3-7 days hours become days..minutes become hours, secs become minutes. It will crush your soul and spirit.

Last edited:
Severe withdraw is hell. You could have already gone through it in the past and think you're prepared for it, but when it comes you realize nothing can prepare you and you forgot how horrible it is. Everything you tell yourself before going through WD can completely change once in WD.

It is a very miserable existence.

Day 2

I've thought of mmt - and what is sick is my dealer sells its. He knew there was a market and jumped on that.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the pain. I'm only self-medicating because even with insurance trying to afford a pain management doctor would be impossible for me. At the time, the black market was the cheaper solution. And I knew this day would come, but didn't care.

I honestly think I'm just quitting so I can start again, weeks from now, with a lower tolerance. I don't know how quickly your tolerance comes back, but its not like I want to fall back into a habit. I want to be able to just use when it's unbearable. When I have a migraine or hypertension in my back and cant even move. I want to be able to keep a few OCs in my safe without caving in and just doing it to feed an addiction than actual desperate need for help. Opiates are pain meds. They aren't evil. They exist to help people like me, but they aren't much help if I'm addicted and need to do shit tons on a daily basis.

Its Day 2 at 12:30pm

As better as I felt last night I feel just as bad this morning. I was up till 5am, feeling okay, if not just shaky and crampy. Went to an all night diner and ate a tiny bit. I'm surprised I really haven't been depressed this whole time, my boyfriend has stayed by my side and has kept me laughing.

Woke up at 8am by the need to vomit up that food and the horrible diarrhea that followed. I have no idea where all this poop is coming from other than it must have been everything hiding out in my guts for the past year.

I'm always either too hot or too cold. Sweating and covered in goosebumps. My muscles ache all over and the cramps are really bad. Sore throat and I'll have to go to work tomorrow, but I feel like the worst might be over. To tell the truth, the body aches aren't shit compared to the pain in my neck or the migraines I get. Its just like having the flu.

I've thought of mmt - and what is sick is my dealer sells its. He knew there was a market and jumped on that.

How is he doing that?

Unless he is swapping dope for methadone - butthen he isn't really making much from it...

I'm not sure how it works in the US, but in the UK, they keep you on supervised dosing for at least a month to stop diversion. If you weren't addicted when you started - then you certainly would be by the time you got take-aways.

And even then, you would be only getting 30-40mg/s day AT MOST - there is no way a non-addicted drug dealer could get raised up to a decent amount, and take it supervised without dying...?

Only "opiate" I've "withdrawn" from is kratom. Kratom withdrawal is lame. Might be worse if I was using extracts or dosing several times a day I guess... Weed withdrawal is much much worse though. Its always terrible for me which is why I never got addicted to opies.

absoulte utter hell on earth is the only way i can describe it. If you actually have a serious habit not just eating a couple perks here and there anyway

How is he doing that?

Unless he is swapping dope for methadone - butthen he isn't really making much from it...

I'm not sure how it works in the US, but in the UK, they keep you on supervised dosing for at least a month to stop diversion. If you weren't addicted when you started - then you certainly would be by the time you got take-aways.

And even then, you would be only getting 30-40mg/s day AT MOST - there is no way a non-addicted drug dealer could get raised up to a decent amount, and take it supervised without dying...?

Its not that hard to sell methadone. Alot of ppl sell a few of there carries, it takes more than one day to be in actual withdrawls from methadone, plus if u drink like half ur dose ur definatly not gonna be withdrawling and can sell the other half. And theres also a decent amount of ppl who get methadone for pain so you can sell them easily.

^ Not me.

If I don't have my dose before 11am - I start sweating and getting sick BIG time.

And no, I'm haven't used anything else for a long time. Also, none of my mates (that are bagheads) use or sell their sunday takeaway - 'cos they get sick on the sunday without it...

I wouldn't sell my meth to anyone.

I don't know how he gets methadone, or much he makes off it. The are $10 for 10mg. I've tried them just once. It was the first opiate he sold me actually. I normally just bought weed off him but I came crying to him about a migraine and he sold me 2 methadone. Shit was weird feeling, not euphoric at all, and 20mg was nowhere near what I'd need to get high even tho I plugged them. It did what I need though, and took the pain away.

When my source disappeared I came to him to start buying OC. Within a month my tolerance went from 30mg of instant release OC twice a day to over a 100mg daily when I switched to buying 80's from him.

Why did it rise so fast? I'd been running steady on 30-60mg of OC a day for almost six month with no tolerance increase. When I started a year ago I had zero tolerance and could get high on a single vicodin. When I'd have to quit for a few days or a few weeks even when the town would run dry, my withdrawl would be minor, hardly mentionable.

I developed this relativity large tolerance within four weeks and now I'm in a bad withdrawal. what gives? Is it because I switched the type of pills I'm taking?

Only "opiate" I've "withdrawn" from is kratom. Kratom withdrawal is lame. Might be worse if I was using extracts or dosing several times a day I guess... Weed withdrawal is much much worse though. Its always terrible for me which is why I never got addicted to opies.

That is the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard.

I don't know how he gets methadone, or much he makes off it. The are $10 for 10mg. I've tried them just once. It was the first opiate he sold me actually. I normally just bought weed off him but I came crying to him about a migraine and he sold me 2 methadone. Shit was weird feeling, not euphoric at all, and 20mg was nowhere near what I'd need to get high even tho I plugged them. It did what I need though, and took the pain away.

When my source disappeared I came to him to start buying OC. Within a month my tolerance went from 30mg of instant release OC twice a day to over a 100mg daily when I switched to buying 80's from him.

Why did it rise so fast? I'd been running steady on 30-60mg of OC a day for almost six month with no tolerance increase. When I started a year ago I had zero tolerance and could get high on a single vicodin. When I'd have to quit for a few days or a few weeks even when the town would run dry, my withdrawl would be minor, hardly mentionable.

I developed this relativity large tolerance within four weeks and now I'm in a bad withdrawal. what gives? Is it because I switched the type of pills I'm taking?

Welcome to the wonderful world of opiate addiction. You shouldn't have ANY withdrawal from a single Vicodin habit. So that's why you didn't.

Tolerance raises fast. If you were doing two 30's a day (not a very high, but not a low dose either) then of course your tolerance is going to go up, can't do nothing about that besides not using. 100mg's a day for more than 1 week you should expect W/D's. That's just how it is =\

Yea I'm sorry but that's complete B.S. Kratom w/d is much much worse than weed. I've smoked weed for who knows how many years and I only get vivid dreams when I stop. Now with Kratom i was using about twice a day for a year, and the only way I managed to stop was by switching to PPT.

Last edited:
Depends, I went through a mild codeine withdrawal and it was a walk in the park. That is compared to precipitated methadone and bupe withdrawals.

So either a mild cold, or you wish you were dead.

Yea I'm sorry but that's complete B.S.

Oh because everyone has the exact same body chemistry and usage patterns? Why would I make up story about kratom withdrawal? If I was trying to sound cool wouldn't I pick a bigger badder drug?

like being stuck outside on the most bitter winter day, all alone, with the worst hangover of your life, all alone, for days on end. the snow has absorbed all light and sound and all you see is white and gray, bored so much it actually hurts. while the whole time youre too tired to sleep and with every shiver and shake you can feel your bones creak and your muscles feel live youve worked them for a week straight. your skin is too dry and too tight and too rough and anything that touches it feels like its on fire or made of dry ice. and then on top of all this, you shit yourself even though your stomach has been too cramped to eat for the last few days

so to sum it up, dope WD can be compared to having a minnesota winter inside of your head and body

Last edited:
i WOULD compare it to death!!! as im sure the withdrawl is different for all people. I prescibed by doc to take 4 roxy30mg's, 3oxy80mgs,1 opana er, and xanax as needed per day however on a usuaul day i take 6-10 roxies, 4-7 oxys, 4-8 xanaxs, and 1 opana a day. therefore when im out i kick so fn hard, it all starts with the onset of depression, then the muscle aches, and twitches (i.e.---"kicking") then constapateted diearrea, then uncontrollable yacking, my stomach feels like its in a vice, then full blowen diearrea, hot and cold (how in the hell can you be hot and cold at the same time is beyond me) then comes the dryheeves which is almost the worst!!! the fuck is not worth the fight meaning the high is not worth the kick!!! kicking has alot to do with how you handle it, some people believe it all in our minds, i wish that were the case!!!

That is the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard.

Yea right, not dissing the dude but I smoked so much weed daily for years and quit with no big deal but I also was on opiates for years and tried quitting, it's like you got hit by a train, got hung under it, and its dragging you down the tracks. I went days without sleeping it's the worst ever I wouldn't wish opiate withdrawal on anyone!