• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Track Marks MEGA Thread v 1:Human Pin Cushion

i have red scars that are rather long ,on my arms ,i dont have dark black scars

these are bright in the sun and very noticeable ....

AtxBigBallin said:
one thing i have learned too though is to keep away from the bruises that do show up....the purity of our shit these days is awesome...thanks for the suggestions but i am getting the hang of it...practice and all...top of the arm is def. a good spot for me and using fresh needles every other time makes things a lot better

Using a clean fit everytime is the trick - clean fits dramatically reduce trax. 'Course, if you are bingin' and kinda freakin' out it is hard to control. The neck is a reliable spot, too, if you are not too squeamish. If you can't see the vein you can bring it up by straining your neck. An anatomy book is what helped me.

Be careful.

Landoallah said:
coke definately scars more than dope...

Actually, I think that poor quality dope makes a pitiful mess of veins. With the crap I was doing, even with a great vein the boy would carry once, maybe twice, before it was gone forever.

The difference is I had to fix boy once every eight hours - with coke I had to slam it every fifteen minutes...

Now I do not have any viable veins, and trust, I have looked. I am so jealous of Angelina Jolie's veins, lol! They are HUGE1

Tanning will help even out teh skin tone, if you have no bruises jsut the red marks from the prick. Also putting a little foundation on your arms, works very well if combined with tanning. The lighter your skin the more the marks show up. Or just stopping shooting is the best way to get rid of them completely. but yeah.

I never bruised unless I failed to register the first time and kept trying.

Neosporin works wonders for scars though.

SonOF said:
I agree that "top of the biceps brachi" spot is an instant huge bruise for me.
Yup, that place bruises for me as well. The higher up the arm, the more it'll bruise. I think that has to do with the depth of the vein. The more flesh you have to go through, the more likely it'll bruise.
Still, it's an easy vein to hit and if you hit it high enough(close to your shoulder/armpit) it'll be covered by a t-shirt sleeve. I wouldn't recommend repeated use of that area though, but twice a week or so shouldn't be a problem. It takes about one week for the bruise/track to completely disappear.

This is nice in theory. But I've only got one site (inner left elbow) where I can actually get a proper hit - I have absolutely atrocious veins. Even that one site there's only three small and shallow veins I can use, and it's pretty hit and miss getting those. Which means I'm fucking those up faster than most people and once they fail, I dunno wtf I'm going to do. :(

I have the same problem and I have a wrist to elbow bruise on both my arms so it's a nightmare. I only got up the nerve to get my neck once, other than that I don't have many spots left.

Nothing can prevent vein destruction with IV coke because of the constant redosing.

Remember also you're suppose always to inject downstream from where you injected before: this means starting at the extremities (hand) and working you way up the arm. This rule further limits the options as to remaining suitable sites.

Feet veins are often sluggish and sometimes they will no work at all even when they are visible and full of blood.

Oddly enough, very small veins (eg finger veins) that look hardly bigger than the needle may work wonders if you are very precise in your motions.

Some people learn to inject in front of a mirror to access veins that remain out of sight otherwise.

Heparin ointment will scatter the bruising but not make it unconspicuous. Getting a sun tan is the only thing that can make some difference in the short term.

Fitting a heplock (a drip) to one's arm would be the ideal solution although it could bring with it a risk of overdose.

Last edited:
Are you re-using needles? I find if I only use a needle once then you can hardly notice ive even been using BUT if I reuse a needle even once then the marks are pretty obvious. Maybe you need to get your technique better too. Just try to hit as high up on your bicep as you can. The only places I would suggest anyone shooting is anywhere on your arm, wrist, forearm, crook or bicep, those are the only places ive ever ued and are the only places id say would be even close to safe.

Feet are too dirty and thres too much chance of infection, legs too deep and risky, id never ever put my cock through something so dangerous and the neck speaks for itself.

I find if I only use a needle once then you can hardly notice ive even been using BUT if I reuse a needle even once then the marks are pretty obvious.
This is an interesting observation. Do you regard reusing the same needle after a false start as "reuse"? Suppose you miss and withdraw once or twice before registering, do you bother to transfer the solution to a new syringe each time? I gather not, that would be overdoing it. Yet maybe that's precisely what should be done: dispose of any needle that has been in an out of the skin once. Buy 50 syringes instead of 10. And a load of micron filter to refilter if need be after false starts.

I was reading a few archives. and I cant get a good answer on the Q's I had. If you have a track mark--healed but its a brown spot now..dunno if its from scar tissues or what not. Would applying aloe vera, vitamin E, coca butter, antioxidants lotions help it fade more?

i've got pretty big tracks on my arms. alot of my sites just simply don't work anymore from rapid re-dosing.

good trick:
i try to make my tracks look like actually train tracks lol. like in a line. this way i can say that theyre just scratches from a cat, and i'm allergic so it swelled up. people seem to buy that...feel free to use. :) until they take a closer look anyway lol. but even girls i've slept with don't catch on, so whatevs.

the best is when you find a new vein. i love that feeling. i feel as the years go on and more and more of my veins start to shutdown, other smaller veins pickup the slack and become bigger. is it just my imagination?

sun tanning really helps cover up bruising and such. also vitamin E Biore cream works amazing to reduce scarring.

^ does vitamin e work when the track wounds already healed and scarred?

I have one dark circle and 1 dot that strays from it...so it looks way to obvious that I poked myself.. all healed..just scars now..Im just trying to find a way to lighten them up atleast

i know TX doesnt have any needle exchanges on the books but there are organizations in Austin that give out needles.

Edit: it is kinda annoying when people bring up old ass threads, i just spent a bit of time tryin to find the place in Austin that distributes needles and im about to PM the guy and come to find out he made the thread in 04, for fucks sake

I sometimes get bruises when IVing. It sucks... just something that comes with IV use. Id say even though its not as good to inject into your veins in your feet, i know that will work if you do it, has for me when i had to wear short sleeves for construction work, where in the 95degress heat while working out side would have been unbearable with long sleeves

I've got marks from where I carried some material that floats around on the top of the cooker and gets on the needle and then under your skin and, bam, you've got a tatoo. it never goes away. always wipe your needle off before you stick it in your skin. these marks of mine are 30 years old and they look the same now as they did when I first got them.

Im starting to think its permant, and that its a scar now and not a "track mark". whats bothering me about it, I can make a excuse of why theres a dark spot but theres that one dot thats right next to the scar and obviously from iv use

I know what you mean. I've been hiding them all my life.

you can try a cream or gel that contains hydroquinone to fade scars. esoterica is one brand and i think neosporin has a scar treatment too.

Last edited:
i have one site in the middle of the crook of my arm i used over and over and over again when i first started IV'ing.

i only EVER used this site for the first.. i dunno... 3 to 4 months. now it doesn't work anymore and its got alot of scarring around it. its a red ugly scar. ever since i started using the vitamin E biore stuff its been getting lighter and lighter. tanning also seems to really help concealing

my permanent scars.