• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do you collect?

i collect tools for metal and wood working. i absolutely abhor useless things no matter how beautiful they may be and loathe the thought of spending money on something that isn't an investment, so tools are pretty much the only things i can really drool over and actually feel satisfied buying instead of that sudden emptiness that hits me right in my heart the moment i fork over my hard-earned money for something stupid like a video game. i always regret that shit right away -_-

i had a huge obsession with collecting from like 4-13 but its cooled down now so i just collect small change in a little piggie bank kinda thing but it never gets past quarter way full :p

I used to be an avid stamp collector when i was younger and still have a couple of my stamp books. Going through them recently, i've realised that some are really quite rare. I also still have quite a large collection of semi precious stones - including ones that I have found whilst fossicking. :)

I used to collect antique glass bottles and containers. I gave most of them away but have kept a couple of particularly nice pieces to display (I inherited my grandparents glass/wood cabinet - a gorgeous piece in itself) and i keep all my pretty things in there.

I still collect comics but with the advent of the e-cigarette it seems what I mostly collect are E-cig mods.

129795283.RODVk3LL.jpg

I press, dry, tincture, and otherwise collect medicinal herbs and rare botanicals. Technically I also collect the tools needed for such a practice, like a plant press, mortar & pestle, dropper bottles, alcohols, etc.

I also collect books, to a fault: I have waaaaay too many and given how often I move, it's becoming quite a burden. Someday I'll learn!

I press, dry, tincture, and otherwise collect medicinal herbs and rare botanicals. Technically I also collect the tools needed for such a practice, like a plant press, mortar & pestle, dropper bottles, alcohols, etc.

I also collect books, to a fault: I have waaaaay too many and given how often I move, it's becoming quite a burden. Someday I'll learn!

That is way cool, sounds very appealing to me. As for myself, I tend to collect books, fossils, psychedelic and shamanic items and loads of buddhist, islamic and other religious items. Anything I think is interesting in some way.

I tried collecting different drugs for a while...didn't work. I got to a certain point and I just ate em all :\

archaic, vintage electronics.

drum machines, synths, tube amps, filters etc.

I also collect religious iconography, specifically Roman Catholic. I especially like strange and rare things - for instance, i am the proud owner of a giant set of glow-in-the-dark rosary beads - they were my grandmothers, she used to hang them in her loungeroom. I have holy-cards, other rosary beads, bottles of water from Lourdes. Most of it came from my grandmother (i inherited a lot of it), but i have also picked up things. My zest for collecting has waned a bit, but if i see something especially cool, i'll buy it.

I suppose at this point I have gathered enough of of it for it to be considered a 'collection' now - Anime! <3 Truly my first and most loyal love.

I currently have 78 completed series(ranging from FLCL @ 6 episodes, to Ranma ½ @ 161 episodes, and everything in between), 55 full length movies, and several dozen OVAs(Original Video Animation).

All collected over the span on roughly 7 years and all stored on a priceless external hard drive. 519,274,087,222 bytes to be exact (483GB and Counting) =D

There are some files on there that took literal years to find. For example only 8 episodes of 'Cyborg 009' were released in America dubbed. Well, I have 34 dubbed.

Also it took me years to collect the 79 dubbed episodes of the second season of 'Lupin III' I have. These files are extremely rare trust me. I am quite thankful/lucky to have found them. (Any Bl otakus know exactly what I mean ;))

I have a nice book collection as well but it doesn't mean nearly as much to me.

Last edited:
Hello Kitty Collection Help

OK so I was on a BL break for a while and some people don't know me here.

But, I have this strange obsession for collecting Hello Kitty stuff. The thing is ... I am not allowed to buy it for myself.

I have had hello kitty items sent to me from all over the world. Anything from stickers to a toaster. (even the little free ones that come in happy meals)

If you would be interested in assisting me in my collection PM me.

Thank You :)