• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why does everyone like cannabis so much?

treefingers49

Bluelighter
I personally don't find the benefits in it? It makes me feel paranoid and stoned. and i mean stoned the way sasha describes it. a boring, uninteresting state of mind where i have no desire to think. i've smoked pot on mushrooms and LSD, it just muddled up the trip.

of course, I don't drink either. actually, i only use caffeine regularly, and trip maybe twice a month at the most.

treefingers49 said:
and i mean stoned the way sasha describes it. a boring, uninteresting state of mind where i have no desire to think.

And this is why it is so popular.. At the end of a long hard day at work/studying, nulling the old brain functions with a bong can prove extremely lethargic. I'm sure as hell not ready to put in the effort of an acid trip every day when I'm trying to wind down.

treefingers49 said:
i've smoked pot on mushrooms and LSD, it just muddled up the trip.

Pot synergises nicely with a majority of drugs if you are experienced with the herb.. it adds a new dimension to every trip for me and takes it just that one level higher.

Pot puts me in a state where I think more in a more lucid and less attached way, which I find both stimulating and relaxing. It also synergizes w/ psychedelics very well for me.

Anyways I'll bet you'll find more answers as to why people like cannabis in the cannabis forum :)

Oh man.

Ok I'll skip the essay, but let's just say it puts me in a perfectly scattered, relaxed state of mind, music sounds better, playing the guitar is much more fluid and precise, exercize feels incredible (sexercize), all foods become delicious...

... i can use it get to sleep, i can use it to get out of bed, i can use it to go to work, i can use it to sit on the couch and stare at a hampster ball even. Not to mention the good stuff smells a lot like heaven which is where i am when im stoned.

Sorry I had to leave out most of the reasons ;)

^^ He pretty much summed it up :)

Cannabis also feels very natural to me. You notice that it's a plant, a devine plant if you whish, unlike chemicals...

I LOVE the high, to me much better than many other highs.

Another advantage is that it doesn't mess with you heart, your blood pressure, your sleep or your serotonine and dopamine levels! Basically this means that after smoking DA WEED you'll sleep well and feel good and healthy the next morning (try that with coke, speed or xtc !)

One of the tricks is also in the dose. If you take too much you will get paranoid.

I tend to think a lot more when stoned, so I don't agree that ity keeps you from thinking. In fact I come up with the craziest shit when I smoke =D

I love it because it makes everything better, enhances music and the taste of food and makes visual arts that more much interesting. Everything turns crisp and beautiful and there is sometimes too much to take in!

I also find that pot helps a lot of uncomfortable conditions, I have had weeks in the past where I would not have been able to eat or keep anything down without it. It also takes away hangovers and headaches and compliments all other drugs I can think of!!

Cannabis - I love it - it's a huge part of my life :)

--- G.

^^ I agree. Once you are experienced enough to overcome most the paranoia, you will realize that it makes you think a lot more (which is why most people become paranoid, from the over-thinking).

different people enjoying different things differently. fancy that...

:)

alasdair

Pot is fun. :)

And alasdairm knows why.

different people enjoying different things differently. fancy that...

:)

pot IS fun! i love the act of smoking joints or bongs or whatever, chilling with friends, the activities that go along with blazing (ie. adventures outside climbing the mountains, climbing buildings, beach activities, etc.), and it is definitely a good time filler when you're bored and have nothing else to do.

pot relieves the anxiety that plagues me when i'm sober. i've certainly never had a problem with it making me paranoid, but perhaps that's because i'm a stoner and smoke every day so i'm just used to it.

and yes, pot definitely does synergize very well with most other drugs. i never find it clouds my trips, and often just increases the visuals and can lead to a more interested but at the same time calmer head trip.

Thats why i don't smoke pot at all because im too paranoid on it .
I think too much on pot , it make me sick .
I already think too much wihtout any drugs .

Last edited:
imo: Marijuana is the god of all drugs.
On the hierarchal scale, the family tree... it is at the top... hovering way above everything else...
Because it combines with *any* drug, (some on the come-up, some during, some on the come-down only [ie coke]), and doesn't fight with any other substance on Earth. I believe it 'can' be the most positive vitamin to man when used in a decent manner...

I loooove smoking the old Mary Jane.

Shame I'm waiting for the people to tell me if I have a job or not. Need to take this drug test before my parents leave out of town for a week :D .

I love it cause it can help me sleep, help me relaxe after a long day of work, studying or both. Music sounds really good on it (explains why I love Ambient music sooo much). It helps expand my mind so art is a lot of fun to do. Food tastes sooooo good and I've been trying to gain weight and its really hard with my high metabolisim (so far the experiments have not been succesful). Although I love eating while I"m stoned, I've found out to work my way around the munchies. Shame my friend hasn't learned that yet. I seem to talk a lot more when I'm on weed. I don't get paranoid on it anymore. Never tried sex on it but I feel that if I do that, I wont get off (taking too long for me to get off but I guess thats a good thing so I should be happy for my skills but thats waaaaaaaay too much information right now) but then agian doesn't hurt to try. Although I don't talk much if I'm at a party, like a frat party or something, I don't go to thouse anymore though cause I think they aren't all that great anyways. Movies, especially Comedys (stand ups, Half Bake), Animations (Princess Mononokye (sp?), Pixars), and Action movies (Matrix, Aliens) are all enjoyable to watch. I love weed. I will only give it up if my job is at risk so untill then, LIGHT UP.

Almost forgot, enhances every single drug I've used.

Last edited:
because of the low side effects!!!

no bad comedowns

no physical addiction

no real hangovers

it's easily available

it's cheap

it's relatively easy to grow

and the list goes on and on

pot is more than just a high; it is an amazing state of mind that enhances one consious and sences. in other words, pot is great!

cause it smells good, tastes good, looks good, and makes ya feel reeeeeaaaaaal gooooooood.

i think everybody loves pot so much b/c marijuana has a destiny.

it shall become so popular that eveyone plants their very own maryjane bush. and then the over abundance of marijuana forces the government to make marijuana the replacement fuel for gasoline. this way all the fumes shall makes ALL high... all day. how wonderful.

yay for destiny.

^ hell yes, yay for destiny

"Because it combines with *any* drug, (some on the come-up, some during, some on the come-down only [ie coke]), and doesn't fight with any other substance on Earth."

This is the only area where i have to disagree. I've never found weed mixes well with stimulants, especially on the comedown. I feel like the crash gets stretched out much longer, and I get waaaay too aware of all the physical effects (crazy heart beat, body aches, etc)

Although I did once enjoy ritalin and weed, when I was about 15, but could never seem to get that effect again.