• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why does everyone like cannabis so much?

I love herb for some many reasons, but here's a new one

I'm just now getting over being sick with one of the worst sinus infections I've ever had (believe me, I've had alot, I even had to get surgery done to help me). I had the most insane migrane/pressure headache but thankfully I had alot of herb. I'd smoke a small bowl and my headache would be completly gone for at least an hour, and If I would have been able to cook with my herb then it would have been better. Cannabis is a special herb and must be legalized at least for medical use.

It is the best for nausea. I coudl eat a bowl of cockroaches when im stoned. Ok, no, i cant. Not even close, but you kno what i mean. I also find it synergizes nicely with many other drugs, which is very nice as some RC's and such (and mushrooms for about 30min) make me kind of nauseated when they kick in.

And holy crap it smells good. piney, skunky, fruity... mmm..

Morbid Abyss has stated something that is completely wrong, and i'd like to point this out. Weed IS PHYSICALLY ADDICTING. My body needs it, without one rip a day, I can't eat, I get achy, and its tough to sleep. That is not to say that I don't love it, I do. But one more time boys & girls:
WEED CAN BE/IS PHYSICALLY/MENTALLY ADDICTIVE.

although i guess there may be the slightest possibility that there is some "physical addiction", by this i mean your body may be used to getting high once a day or whatever you do, there has never been proof of it. I'd say it would be better described in psychological terms of a dependance or something. which in turn could effect your sleep, eating, and mental state(grouchy or irritated easily). its just that all the studies i've read that have been conducted found weed to not be physically addicting. mental and physical aside, it most definately is addicting.

honestly, I just like smoking it and packing bowls and playing with it. I dont even enjoy being stoned all that much. Its everything else I love about it.

Heine thats still mental addiction. Your body processes don't need THC. Physical addiction means that your body actually needs it and that fact would be causing your problems. You might feel it but that means your mind is creating discomfort to get what it wants. Peace.

So what's the difference between...

... somebody who is entirely dependent on weed so that when they don't have it they get body aches, headaches, can't eat, can't sleep, irritable, constant craving, etc etc...

... or somebody entirely dependent on nicotine so that when they don't have it they get irritable, headaches, can't think clearly, etc etc...

I don't see much difference. Also, and I think we all agree that nicotine is VERY addictive, these are the characteristics of its withdrawal

"Withdrawal from nicotine, an addictive drug found in tobacco, is characterized by symptoms that include headache, anxiety, nausea and a craving for more tobacco."

Lol sounds like some pot smokers we know eh?
Sorry to clutter this thread with this shit, but some things need to be thought about.

....................yeah i USE to love it then i had a cannabis induced psychosis.................i wont be the last either take care!

alostlittlebird said:
I don't see much difference.

You've obviously never come off niccotine. Niccotine withdrawal can be one of the most harrowing experiences on the body, it can bring it to the point where it is difficult to just continue your day. Withdrawal off weed can be a bit of a pain, and it may be difficult to sleep that _first_ night but the next day you will basically be back to normal. I'm a 1 or 2 gram-a-day smoker like most of the people on this board, and I find it only mildly difficult to abstain for a day, niccotine is in a whole different playing field.

You cannot compare a psychological dependance and a physical addiction, they are two VERY different things.

[EDIT] And lets not forget about Opiate withdrawal which (as I have read) is possibly one of the most difficult things to do in someones life. It makes pot addiction look like a walk in the park.

True, nicotine withdrawal is much more intense, but the intensity of withdrawal isn't what determines if someone has an addiction or not - it's going through any withdrawal in the first place. Whether someone is hooked deep on heroin or they simply have a vicodin habit, both will go through something when they try to cut loose, but obviously heroin is going to be much worse. I'd still consider them both addicted.

Btw, I've seen friends quit smoking who were suffering through a lot more (physically and mentally) than one restless night.

my friend is physically addicted to pot. he gets very nauseous and a general feeling of malaise when he doesn't smoke.

but anyways,
pot just makes me feel dumb, i've never had amazing insights on it. I've never actually gained anything from it. probably the best part of pot is listening to music, and even then i would prefer many other drugs than pot.

pot also messes with my memory. after smoking pot for a few days, i have a very hard time finding the right words to say. I pride myself in being very articulated. I'm very scared of losing any intellectual capabilities that I have now, and honestly, of all the drugs I've done (enormous amounts of LSD, mushrooms, cacti, MDMA, 2C-I, 2C-T-21, Salvia, Ayahuasca), only two have made me feel dumber for it, and those are pot and DXM.

if i only had one drug to do, it would be weed;
a friend in weed is a friend indeed;
all can feel this holy smoke,
and hoot and laugh at stupid jokes,

with my lighter, bowl, and jar,
i'm all set to travel afar,
toking buds as i hang,
wanting to change the shit that i cant change :)

weed is a friend, a friend to the end,
and to get it, backwards i will bend,
and until my mind is on the mend,
peace to all, my garden i must tend

Cuz pot takes me to another world and let's me view it from another pair of eyes. It's not as bad as media hypes it up to be, and with a proper vaporizer it could be completely safe (or 98% safe or whatever the vaporizers claim to filter out). Makes you chill and happy with no bad side affects (except for wasting money on food for munchies).

yeah everyone says that "weed leads to other things"... i dont think this is true. i think weed leads to McDonald's.

alostlittlebird said:
Although I did once enjoy ritalin and weed, when I was about 15, but could never seem to get that effect again.

amen to that. i smoked ritalin crushed up in weed a few times when i was younger. that lead to some amazing nights. soo stoned off your ass, but at the same time, there's a HUGE ball of energy vibrating inside you that makes you need to get up and do something! we ran a half a km uphill up a road to try to expell some of it.

shit i want to do that again now, it's been too long =D

two words: THE MUSIC~!!

o ya, and hhaving been a pot head for years now, nothing gets me more aroused then a neon green, fluffy, crystally white, resinous dank nug ;]
the smell, the taste, the look, the cure ... 4 life

plus... have u ever smoked pot on a psychadelic?? NO !?!
u dumbass.

two fathomz said:
plus... have u ever smoked pot on a psychadelic?? NO !?!
u dumbass.

may i ask who that comment was directed toward?
because if it was me, what the fuck are you going on about?

The only gateway this drug leads to is your fridge door. =D

Personally I like it because I:
(in no particual order)
1. The different mindset.
2. The taste/smell/apperance
3. The increase in appreciation for music, food and life in general.
4. The social asspect of the drug.
5. The culture.
6. The fact that its not really doing me any more harm then the legal drugs.
7. The very low side effects.

Cheers and may we all continue to love this herb for what it truly is :the saviour of mankind lol

Because pot can help you if you have to fight with many other drug addictions. My boyfriend was a codeine and heroine junkie; but for 7 months (tg) he only smokes weed. He managed to quit benzos. Of course, he and I have a little paranoia and we usually get stoned and I know that paranoia is disgusting when you're stoned.
When there is no weed, I don't go for it, I don't cry; I can live my life how I want to live; if there's weed or not. That's why I love weed so much. =D
You don't have to like cannabis; but it's from earth; and you can respect it :)