Yet Another Research Survey (YARS) Earn $80 to $120 cash (Sydney Only)

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at UNSW is conducting a study examining the dependence criteria for club drugs, and would like to talk to people who have taken ecstasy. Paticipants complete two to three confidential interviews which take approximately 60-90 minutes each. All participants will be reimbursed $80 to $120 cash. If you are interested in participating, please call Michael Gascoigne on (02) 9385 0267 to see if you are eligible

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually it is when ever you can make it. They are generally fairly flexible.

A little off topic, but this just occurred to me... not a great idea, but might be worthwhile posting...

Most of these seem to tend to be at universities, so Im assuming most of the people surveyed are from the university where this takes place.

I was wondering whether, for example, the National Drug and Alcohol Centre at UNSW had attempted to strike a deal with the Uni or the Guild for alternate payment methods?

For example, they may be able to strike a deal with the guild for paying for membership at a reduced rate, effectively giving the students more for less, and helping dollars go further. I imagine it would be more eyecatching for the cash strapped student too. Reduced fees always catches attention, and the fact that they have to pay $80-$120 to get people in for this says that if the reward is in a more attractive package, money could be saved.

Anyway, probably nothing that hasnt been looked at, but thought Id jot it down. :)

Well just a bump and to say that I called up and left my name and number on the answering machine, the lovely man got back to me and I will do the interview in 2 weeks time :)

So yah, dont be afraid everyone...

hey guys, just booked my interview and the hair sample is optional. But I'd like to help out as much as possible...can anyone tell me what it would be used for?

i take it this is still going? any idea on selection criteria? frequency of use etc?

^Taken ecstasy more than 5 times...at least once in the last year. Then he asked a supplementary question if we'd taken G, K and something else I forgot, more than 5 times. Although I had, I'm pretty sure that ecstasy was the only requirement. Its about 'dependance criteria'. Just ring the number if you've got any questions about eligibility, its confidential (he asked for my name and I told him my surname aswell and he muffled a giggle). He seems like a top bloke.

diegoblunt said:
hey guys, just booked my interview and the hair sample is optional. But I'd like to help out as much as possible...can anyone tell me what it would be used for?

They send it off to the US where it's tested (that's where they told me mine was going). My hair was apparently too short (probably 1/2 an inch) to show up much, but if you've got slightly longer hair, they'll test for it for drug use.

They say it's optional, but when I got there I was given the impression no hair sample = no interview = no money.

Obviously I gave hair. I walked out of the place $140 richer than I went in, and the staff complained I was getting paid more than them =D

Twice. The second time they told me I had got the (ramdomly selected) 3rd interview, and I opted to do it then and there instead of go back a 3rd time. So two visits, three interviews. They don't pay ya till the end of the last one.

aight,
i might go in to meet up with friends, and earn some money then :)

I'll have to give him a call tomorrow. Haven't done one of these interviews before, sounds like fun. :)

Well, thought I'd bump this as it's worthwhile and ALSO saw an ad in the street press mag 3d world for this so they are still looking for candidates.

I walked out today $120 richer, and helped in some research in a small way. They are very friendly and professsional and it is all confidential so what are you waiting for!?!?!