Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vitamin C and Tripping?

WOLTERP

Bluelighter
Vitamin C and tripping

what exactly is the interaction between vitamin C and many psychoactives such as mdma, LSD, ect....i've always heard it makes you trip harder. Does anyone have experiences prooving/disprooving this theory?

From my exeriments with it. It seemed to increase the colorfulness of my mushroom trips.

Vitamin C and LSD?

Okay I've been told two things about mixing the 2 and I want to know which is truth.

1. It stops the trip and kicks the acid out of your system.

2. It acts as a catalyst amd boosts the intensity os the trip.

Please help me...

it acts as a "free-radical quencher" & makes the trip "cleaner" ...

There is an interesting study cited by a MAPS researcher about this. I always assumed the vitamin C - LSD combo was a street myth, but now I'm interested to try it. Not that I mind the mental confusion aspect of LSD, but I'm curious to see what it might be like to be decreased.

I note that the street myth is usually "Vitamin C makes you trip harder", whereas the research clearly states it makes you trip LESS hard, but maybe more enjoyably.

I got a kick out of this line:

For example, visiting a badly maintained, nudie-strip bar favored by US Marines on the 4th of July in a border town near Camp Pendelton would (for an experienced LSD user) be practical on the Vitamin C-LSD combination; the same situation might be unendurable otherwise.

There is no reference. Anyone could make this stuff up. The difference seems so subtle. How could one compare subjective effects of LSD between multiple people?

I'm not sure vitamin C does anything. I have tried with and without and not noticed any difference.

Peace

The first time that I did acid I took 1,000 mg of vitamin C 15 minutes before I took the one blotter and then I took another 1,000 mg at about 9 hours into the trip and I remember it bringing my peak back up. This made my trip last for about 16 hours. Normally, when I don't take Vitamin C my trips only last for about 12 hours. So it made a significant difference for me.

According to my Psychobiological Aspects of Drugs professor Vitamin C does not affect your trip in any way at all, except maybe a placebo. Even though I have been told this I still carry around a gallon of some fine florida OJ(none of that sunny d crap) when im trippin.

I live in florida and this one time I was trippin balls me and my friends were wandering through the woods and suddenly we came into this open field with hundreds of orange trees(it seemed like destiny) so we all started munchin down oranges.

Vitamin C helps the body feeling well, amking the brains thinking more clear. I thought it helped transporting our fluids more freely, opened the flow. (not sure)

it has effect in every situation, especially when taken from high vitamin-c containing fruit, it absorbs very quicly.
it sure affects you're trip, and when getting a bit hazy on a trip, or not being able too well to handle high input, vitamin C can help a lot. but it's no magic, just the right kind of food to clear up the mind.

but you don't need acid or anything too have those benefits, they always work!

I disagree on the lack of effectiveness of Vitamin C. I don't know about LSD, but on tryptamines and some phens, 1000mg of Vitamic C can GREATLY increase the effects and lengthen the trip, while removing bodyload.

Its not something that has ever failed, its always consistent.

MagickalKat777 said:
Its not something that has ever failed, its always consistent.

Just because something is consistent doesn't mean it is correct. Have you looked into other factors, such as the placebo effect? I have not met many people who have not heard of Vitamin C causing either harder trips or helping to protect against bad trips. I have never found that drinking orange juice or taking any amount of vitamin C has changed my trips in the slightest bit.

It is an interesting thing to study I guess, though it would be hard to do as you would need to find a good amount of people who have never heard of this myth before.

This is slightly unrelated but I have heard of tartaric acid being used to help preserve acid, I'm not sure if it does actually help or not though.

That's interesting. Because the first time I tried this, with Emergen-C, I had never heard of Vitamin C being synergistic with anything, I just knew it would help my body load.

5 minutes after drinking it, my visuals picked up threefold, and the substance I was on, 5-MeO-AMT, got extended from a normal 18 hour trip to 26 hours. Can you explain that as a placebo when it wasn't expected?

Umm OK I have no clue whatsoever if there is any relation concerning Vitamin C and LSD but there's one thing I can tell you for sure:

Drinking a glass of orange juice couldn't possibly be considered as taking vitamin C; the amount of of it in a glass of pre-made orange juice is ridiculous, I think you'd have to drink something like 1.5 liters of orange juice to get as much vitamin C as from one of those effervescent (is that even a word?) tablets.
Home made orange juice is a little better but not much.

As I said, I have no clue on whether there is a relation or not but if you think you noticed more intensity to your trip after drinking a glass of orange juice it's most definetly placebo. For sure.

With all that said, a friend of mine knew this one guy who had a friend who's husband was in World War II with this guy who knew a priest who used to sleep with a prostitute that had a son who knew a truck driver named Moe who once took some acid and now he thinks he's a glass of orange and he's been living in his basement for the last 43 years

gugglebum said:
Umm OK I have no clue whatsoever if there is any relation concerning Vitamin C and LSD but there's one thing I can tell you for sure:

Drinking a glass of orange juice couldn't possibly be considered as taking vitamin C; the amount of of it in a glass of pre-made orange juice is ridiculous, I think you'd have to drink something like 1.5 liters of orange juice to get as much vitamin C as from one of those effervescent (is that even a word?) tablets.
Home made orange juice is a little better but not much.

As I said, I have no clue on whether there is a relation or not but if you think you noticed more intensity to your trip after drinking a glass of orange juice it's most definetly placebo. For sure.

True, totally true. Emergen-C is a specially formulated drink that contains 1000mg of Vitamin C... let me grab one and list...

Vitamin C (as Seven Mineral Ascorbates) 1,000mg 1,111%
Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine HCl) .38mg 25%
Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) .43mg 25%
Vitamin B3 (as Special Niacin Complexes) 5mg 25%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 10mg 500%
Folic Acid 12.5mcg 3%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 25mcg 416%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 2.5mg 25%
Potassium 200mg 6%
Magnesium 60mg 15%
Calcium 50mg 5%
Zinc 2mg 13%
Manganese 1mg 50%
Chromium 10mcg 8%

MagickalKat777 said:
5 minutes after drinking it, my visuals picked up threefold, and the substance I was on, 5-MeO-AMT, got extended from a normal 18 hour trip to 26 hours. Can you explain that as a placebo when it wasn't expected?

I could not tell you, I have done only a few tests on my own and they did not change my trips in the slightest. If you knew it would help with the body load it is possible that the 5-meo-amt came on a bit stronger or quicker then you thought it might and you attributed this to the vitamin C and after that you could have had yourself convinced which could have brought about a placebo effect. I find that psychedelics always have lingering effects until I sleep, it is possible that you thought these lingering effects were just your come down. But then again I'm not you and I'm not familiar with your experience.
Maybe you should conduct a study if you can get a friend to help you out man. Get some vitamin C and put it in some opaque capsules and put some flour in the same amount of capsules. Give these capsules to one of your friends and tell them to pick from either set and write down which they chose. Take whatever psychedelic you are going to and the capsule along with it. Try not to think at all about the vitamin C might effect or not effect the trip and write down how the trip was and how much of the psychedelic you took. To put more validity into this you should repeat this like 10 or more times and just save the papers until you are done. Compare your results to your trip reports and see if there is a pattern.
I would do this myself but I really don't think that vitamin C changes my trips in any way.
That drink which you took while you were tripping has many other things in it, how can you be sure that it was just the vitamin C that was to blame for your increased effects?

I've tried the vitamin c thing and determined that it didn't do anything. although this could be a placebo because i wasn't expecting it to do anything.

hahahaha

no but really, i thought that everyone knew that it was a myth?

umm just because it's in the MAPS forum doesn't mean anything. I mean, i could write in and say that i did acid with mushrooms and then tried to have sexual intercourse with a cat. i mean seriously, who was that idiot who wrote that report?

sounds like he could be the next dahmer. someone who would do something like that, even if he didn't know what was going on is messed up. of course, i'm sure that this person is full of BS, which is also messed up.

The other day while tripping on a 2C-E / 2C-T-2 combination, I was past the peak of the trip, and experiencing some body kinks (back pain, sore muscles, etc). Took some Emergen-C (a big dose of vitamin C in several different forms) and I was AMAZED at how much it helped get rid of the body kinks, and it also brought back some of the visuals of the trip. The stuff is good for you anyway, so I say why not? It can't hurt, and it definitely can help.