• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd and seizures

I have heard about peaple having them if the acid isn't made properly and if they have epilepsy

why is this not part of the traditional literature on psychedelic drugs? why people say they are safe?

Because they are safe. As for the "nigga with a seizure" stuff , if you have epilepsy then sure you might have a seizure while you're on acid, just like you'll have a seizure when you arn't on acid.

Psychosomatic stress induced seizures can happen when you're under stress which may happen if a kid takes too many mushrooms or acid and panics and wants some attention.

I have heard about peaple having them if the acid isn't made properly

What other drug could they have made by mistake that can produce a psychoactive effect at acid dose levels? It has to have been made properly if it makes you trip because if it wasn't made properly it wouldn't make you trip.

Bear in mind the article in the link is by a notorious "researcher" called Duke D Fischer who also claimed the urban myth about LSD turning you into a glass of orance juice was true.

This is an example of Duke's "work" from an urban myths page:

The story was soon being repeatedly proffered as if it were a case study (minus any corroborative details, of course) by health care professionals who should have known better. Consider this excerpt from a 1968 book about drug abuse, taken from a chapter about LSD written by one Duke D. Fisher, M.D., a neuropsychiatrist who is described as having "had extensive experience with LSD users":

Some people would take LSD and and their trip would continue beyond the usual twelve to eighteen hours for LSD effects. Many individuals continued to hallucinate, continued to be paranoid -- extremely suspicious with delusions of being watched, criticized, or persecuted. They were convinced that people were going to hurt them or that animals were chasing them, or they continued to be out of contact with reality. An example of this kind of reaction was a teenage boy who locked himself in his room because he thought he was an orange and that if someone touched him, he would turn into orange juice. He was able to live because his friends would bring in food for him; however, he remained locked in his room for several months.

Of course there isn't a word of truth to this story. Duke D Fischer was simply writing any old bollocks he could think of to demonise LSD.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/orange.htm

Ismene said:
I have heard about peaple having them if the acid isn't made properly

What other drug could they have made by mistake that can produce a psychoactive effect at acid dose levels? It has to have been made properly if it makes you trip because if it wasn't made properly it wouldn't make you trip.

there is no other drugs it's just the reactions where not preformed properly.I know people who got sick for days because some idiot didn't make it right.

Last edited:
So this drug they take that's supposed to be LSD has no psychoactive effects? It just makes you sick?

What I'm getting at is if it has a psychoactive effect then it's correctly made LSD. To be honest I can't see improperly made LSD having any effect. It either works and it's correctly made LSD, or it doesn't work and it's not LSD.

Ismene said:
So this drug they take that's supposed to be LSD has no psychoactive effects? It just makes you sick?

^^
yes it is a result of some dumb ass tring to make acid and not doing it correctly.A lot of volitile solvents are used in the prosess of LSD manufature I'm thinking some how maybe some of the solvents got in the final product or they just didn't preform the reactions correctly.

It happened to me and I've never had a seizure before...

but I only did salvia. It's another psychedelic or whatever. I only tripped for 5 minutes and the next day I had a grand mal. I was in art class drawing a nude girl and that was the last thing I remember. I fell, hit my head on the concrete floor, bit my tongue til it bled and pissed myself. Needless to say I dropped that class lol. But I never had a seizure before that. So if I had a seizure from something that lasted 5 minutes, think how bad it would've been if it was from something that lasted 8-12 hours like LSD? I was obsessed with LSD and wanting to try it but I couldn't find any in my small town that's why I tried salvia first to see if I could handle it. I'm glad I tried it before cuz I might not be here now if I hadn't. I wouldn't do it but that's just my opinion.

What I'm getting at is if it has a psychoactive effect then it's correctly made LSD. To be honest I can't see improperly made LSD having any effect. It either works and it's correctly made LSD, or it doesn't work and it's not LSD.

You might know more than me on the subject and maybe I’m misunderstanding you. Are you saying that if it’s strong enough to fit a full dose on a single blotter and give psychoactive effects then it must be properly made lsd?

What if it’s some kind of DOx? What if it’s Bromo-DragonFLY, or one of these other whacky drugs that’s active at a couple hundred micrograms?

What if it started out as perfectly made lsd but then slowly broke down into something else so that by the time you ate it, some of it was still genuine lsd (psychoactive effects) but some of it had turned into something else (weird, convulsive, “dirty“ effects that so many people talk about)? Again, I’m no expert and am simply asking to satisfy my own curiosity, but wouldn’t that be possible?

Back in my younger days I took heaps and heaps of lsd and it seemed to me like there would often times be a lot of variance from 1 batch to the next, and not just in terms of potency either.

A good friend of mines sister had a random seizure or to for no explainable reason (no drugs). I'm told that they are not terribly uncommon for people to encounter once or maybe even a couple times. In my opinion you are probably most likely to encounter one on drugs then off. Maybe cuz the drugs alter your brain chemistry just that much more. maybe not?

It sounds as if you've talked to a Doctor already which is good.

I've witnessed a friend have a major grand mal seizure early in the morning after a long night of molly, acid, and dmt. I'm sure all this and other variables such as exhaustion and dehydration had a hand in it, but acid was involved.

A lot of volitile solvents are used in the prosess of LSD manufature I'm thinking some how maybe some of the solvents got in the final product

Volatile solvents are just that: volatile. They evaporate rapidly. They wouldn't make it into the final product.

I have siezures sometimes, but am on medication for it and only have them when I forget to take my meds, (depakote & keppra), I still trip and never have had a siezure on LSD though, thank god for that.
My siezures started a few years ago, did coke one night with my girlfriend and the next morning had a grand mal siezure, pissed myself, bit my tounge fucking bad and was all messed up in the hospital for the next couple nights. I really think the coke did it some how and ill never touch that shit again. Acid however is a different story:)

I had an intense grand-mal clonic seizure last september after staying awake all night on mephedrone, gbl (i was dosing daily for months eventually at the 2-3ml a dose, 10-20 times a day), bottle of vodka and other shit...some coke, couple e's.....it wasnt a particularly heavy night by my usual standards - not to sound cocky in any way, i dont much care for dicksizing about WOWZ AH CN DRNK 3L OF VODKAZ IN 10 SEKONZ!!111 .... its just to bear in mind....

I was realy lucky to be brought back to life after stopping breathing and apparently "dying" for a couple seconds

It was obviously going to happen, constantly drinking and taking gbl, vals and other GABA-b downregulators and meph daily.

I also was tripping on acid nearly every other day last year (and have tripped on various things for 7 years before last).

Anyway, after the last time it happened in march this year, only after a 18-crate of stella and 256mg codeine. I wasnt exactly wrecked, but it freaked me out nonetheless.

I recently smoked salvia (first trip since any seizure, but something ive done countless times) and suddenly became very aware of the pre-seizure aura feeling. I felt like something bad was about to happen....i have NEVER had a bad trip on any psychadelic or had any feeling lik this. It is hard to tell if i was nearly on the brink or of it was totally in my head....

I am planning on a strong mescaline trip in a couple weeks to say goodbye to drug use for a while.

I no longer fear a seizure. They are often benign. I have a friend with epilepsy who frequently has them, he is ok.

Just relax, because i do think that alot of it is due to psychosomatic stress, fatigue and over-analysis in the mind.

Stay calm, positive and only enter the trip with a confident mind and a sitter there with you.

Be well

my friend became epileptic after taking lsd and now he has to take medication for the rest of his life. the medication slows him down a lot. hes never been the same.

Hey, ive just been checking out things on the internet because my girlfriend, who has had one seizure in her life about a month and a half ago, and i split a tab of lsd yesterday around 2pm and she suffered a total of six tonic-clonic seizures over the course of the trip, affecting her at 3:30ish pm, 4:15 pm, 5 pm, 5 45 pm, 6:50 pm and 7:50 pm. unfortunately i havent been able to find any information correlating to lsd intake and seizures, so ill write our experience here for anyone in the future who may be looking.
we were both quite surprised because wed taken so little each, i barely felt the effects and it was both our first times taking it. not to say i was entirely free of effects, but i had no visual hallucinations and other then a state of stoked-ness that lasted for about five hours was relatively unaffected. anyways we learnt a lot about how seizures work on her, basically she sees mad psychedelic colours in the top left corner of her vision and her whole body gradually tenses up left as she finds herself unable to look away from the colours and is drawn into them, at which point she enters what appears to be the clonic phase of the seizure for about 45 seconds and is then in a state of disoriented heavy sleep for about 7 minutes afterwards, and after waking remains quite disoriented but recovers gradually over a period of at least half an hour.
She learned to recognize that the seizure was about to occur when she saw the crazy colours and i attempted to talk her out of the seizure and keep her distracted from the colours as long as possible. My father also suffers from epilepsy due to getting knocked out playing hockey as a kid, however his fits are few and far between. He ended up undergoing a series of exams in the 80s and they discovered the root of this epilepsy was because part of his brain had been killed in the hockey accident and that the fits occurred whenever his brain attempted to use this dead part. He also learnt that whenever he noticed one coming on all he had to do was simply focus on a task and the feeling would come to pass, and that he was incapable of having a fit when doing something, it only happened if he was sitting down zoning out. I decided that getting her to process quick easy math would hopefully give her brain something else to think about and perhaps stop the spread of the fit throughout the brain, however also realized that her form of epilepsy was likely completely different from my fathers.
A combination of these techniques proved somewhat effective, as the first couple times she experienced the seizure she went almost immediately into the clonic phase (within 5 seconds) however with me talking her through it and attempting the distract her vision from the colours we managed to make it as long as 20-25 seconds before she finally succumbed. I should also note that when the first six seizures first began her pupils got very large and would look as far into the top left quadrant of her vision as they could and could not look away.
After the sixth seizure i made the room as dark as possible for her thinking that perhaps light had something to do with triggering the seizure, and it may have been correct or perhaps the lsd was simply wearing off. regardless, my friend opened the door to the room at 9:50 pm and let a sliver of light into the room, at which point she told me it was happening again, however her tone changed quickly and said it was much milder this time and she thought she could stop it. I told my friend to close the door and we were back in darkness. He left the room after asking me a quick couple questions and closed the door again behind him letting as little light into the room as possible. I then asked my girlfriend if it had stopped and she said not yet, but did not sound worried, and 10 seconds later she told me it had passed.
the night passed relatively event free and we just hung out in bed unable to fall asleep until around 4 in the morning. she was quite restless the whole time but i thought it prudent to stay in the dark at least until she had had a full nights sleep in case any other seizure may have occurred, i did not think her body would thank her if she had any more.

anyways, to any epileptics out there who may be looking to try lsd, if your fits resemble the type my girlfriend has suffered i would definitely not recommend acid, or if you really want to try do it in as safe an environment as possible where someone would know how to react if your threshold level got lowered as dramatically as my girlfriends, as well as being prepared for an unbelievably sore tongue, mind and body the next day.

What if it started out as perfectly made lsd but then slowly broke down into something else so that by the time you ate it, some of it was still genuine lsd (psychoactive effects) but some of it had turned into something else (weird, convulsive, “dirty“ effects that so many people talk about)? Again, I’m no expert and am simply asking to satisfy my own curiosity, but wouldn’t that be possible?

But if there was some "breakdown" of LSD that gave you a "dirty trip" then we'd know all about it wouldn't we. People would have investigated it and published reports on it, there would probably be a market for it. The fact that there isn't suggests very strongly that it doesn't exist.

All ideas about "dirty trips" are simply down to the varying effects LSD can have. Take LSD in a house that stinks of shit with pots piled up in the sink and wearing underpants you havn't washed in a month and you'll probably have a "dirty trip". Take the same dose in Yellowstone National Park on a summer day and you'll have the "cleanest" trip of your life. That's just the way LSD works - there's no need to start theorising about mysterious unknown "breakdown" compounds.

If you don't want a seizure I suggest you don't take nitrous with it. Really.
Probably don't mix it with anything if you want to be safer, but I don't really know by heart if acid lowers the seizure threshold on its own.