• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

btw: smoking resin is REALLY bad for your lungs. I do not recommend saving the resin.

-weez

adding a little table salt to whatever you use to clean helps a lot. The salt is abrasive and breaks down resin.

-weez

SIMPLE GREEN: awesome stuff and non-toxic, soak it overnight, rinse thorolly(sp)....clean as a whistle

cleaning glass peices

i usually use alcohol and salt, but i dont have any isopropal lying around currently, so what are some other techniques? ive heard of boiling in water, but that doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Merged your question with a MEGA thread on the subject, have a look through it.

Something to add:

For those who hate cleaning their pipes, the peeps who smoke A LOT. Chillums are very easy to clean, it takes about 2 minutes.

All you need is a toothpick to clean most of the rez out, then you blow as hard as you can. Run a little hot water through it and your good. Chillums are cool in this aspect.

But people, remember to clean your pipes. I had a friend who had a pipe with quite a large bowl. He smoked out of the pipe for at least 8 or 9 months without cleaning it. He was a really big smoker, and the bowl cracked where you packed it. It was sort of funny, but sad at the same time :D

I know this may sound strange but it works awesome if set your bowl or pipe in a pot of boiling water just for a couple of minutes then take a bag of kettle cleaner(used to clean popcorn machines) its like a powder that looks like salt. Put the pipe or bowl in that bag and get the grit in it and shake then rinse and u will have a crisp clean bowl or pipe

StolenBrew said:
I'm so doing this tomorrow ;) :D

The listerene method cleaned alot of crap out of my bong and made it smell nice but didnt actually clean away all the caked resin... I found metho + salt + rice.. leave to sit for over 30mins then shake like hell for about 3... then finely rinse with water and presttoooo!!!

your bong is brand spanking new!!!

does it matter how much salt i add to the alcohol? i have 91% isopropyl and epsom salt and table salt.

help please =D

yes, i read through the thread.

Also, I know this is a shock to most potheads, but clean your shit out regularly. I clean mine after every use and it really helps.

1. Pour in a liberal amount of isopropyl alcohol and sodium hydroxide (table salt;))
2. Cover the holes
3. Shake the living hell out of it for 5-10 seconds
4. Rinse thoroughly with clean water
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until the glass is spotless clean

Baby Wipes!!

Seriously... go get some baby wipes (I like Huggies the best, they dont tear as easily). You BARELY have to apply pressure at all to get that nasty resin off your glass (whether your bowl or whatnot).

Cleaning your glass pieces is as simple as putting rubbing alcohol and salt into your pipe and giving it a good shake. repeating it until its clear. rinse and dry before you use it again. no you wont die. if you want your resin, scrape it first then clean it.