• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

I soak my glass bits in water and antiseptic for a day, with all the rubber seals removed. Then rinse it like hell.

Dr. Funkenstien said:
be sure to let everyone here know your thoughts on it. if it doesnt clean it the water isnt hot enough.

i'm gonna try it right now =D

i just tried it.. it doesnt work nearly as well as rubbing alcohol and salt, which is what i had to do after using the oxy

the oxy left quite a bit of the resin coating in the bong, along with small and some large chunks. The bong wasnt clear at all. the alcohol/salt left only a few chunks and is totally clear aside from the res hunks.

damn man i dont know what you are doing wrong. was the water boiling in the microwave cup? It has to be hot but not so hot it cracks the cool glass. There should be a swirling white tornado in there and shit boiling out of the down stem for a bit. the way i use it brings my pieces to the state they were purchased in. strange, very strange. i only smoke dank outta it so that might play for something. sorry you cant get it to work. try waiting a bit longer while it works and do the same shake method you use with salt and alchy.

P.S.- I have used the 99.9% isopropal and salt trick and it had nothing on oxy. i have also boiled pieces. I have used oven cleaner. I have tried every god damn way there is and i know for a fact that oxy clean is the best out of all these methods. brand new pieces if done correctly. once again sorry it didnt work for you.

Update/Cleaning- after i typed this post i had to be sure that i wasnt crazy and i went and cleaned my chong. First i took the bowl piece and poured a little oxy into it but plugged the bottom. then i shook it with both ends sealed to fill the bowl with dry oxy. took a 16 oz cup of water (i think its 16oz) and microwaved it for 3:00 minutes ( i have a strong microwave, cook time may vary). Removed cup and placed bowl in "boiling" water (you can see it boiling in the microwave). instantly the shit boils on the inside and starts coughing up resin. It is producing bubbles simmilar to milk bubbles but the resin is reinforcing them and the bubbles climb to the rim of the cup. as they pop that awful smell is set loose. in the cup i can see the resin being eaten away to a yellowish state and then totally disappearing. rinse it and it looks new to me.

Next i took the chong and poured a full scoop of oxy into it then added 3:00 min hot water. plugged down stem with a cotton ball and swirled it around so it hits the resin everywhere. rinse it and now i have a piece that shines display quality. i have no idea why this doesnt work for you. you should seriously fuck around with it a bit more and see if you cant get it.

Someone needs to link to BigTrancers bong magic thread that used to be in drug discussion.. can't b bothered finding it.

For cleaning my bong I use listerine mouth wash and rice. Just like half a cap, or a cap will do.. the rice helps scratch the grime away and the listerine leaves the bong minty-fresh for the sesh!

Use javel water. Fill your bong with it (or just put the pipe in a tupperware filled with javel water) and leave it for a night. Rinse it with hot water and your your bong will shine.

For the bong I use salt and rubbing alcohol. If it's really nasty, one small pot of boiling water and then another round of salt and rubbing alcohol.

But, for my one hitter, I just add water and scrape it onto a piece of rolling paper, and smoke it. But bong resin, I mean the nasty shit that doesn't collect in the slide isn't worth saving. Blech.

soak in rubbing alochol fully emersed for a day or two then clean the alcohol oout well or ur dope will taste like alcohol hits

this may've been mentioned- but-- put epsom salt into your pipe- add a LIL water, and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE for about 2-10 minutes depending on the dirty-ness of your pipe.

This is the laziest and a other good way to clean glass pipes/bongs, go to your local home brew shops (shops for making your own beers/wines/spirits) and they sell a lot of cleaning products and There's "Brewers Detergent" often made from Sodium Metasilicate or get "Pink Stain Remover" its some sort of chlorinated cleaner, and just get a bucket, put teaspoon or so and fill will boiling hot water and leave there over night, and it slowlys disolves and just rinse off with hot water. This works great especially for glass and pottery bongs not any metal parts because these chemicals some kind reacts with metal and they kinda change the colours.... so rubbing alcohal is best for metal parts. But everyone has their own different methods and if your way works, it works! =D

i swear by the rubbing alcohol/pipe cleaner tecnique, i usually only let it soak for 25 minutes and it comes out clean. next time ill be using salt though as that seems to be pretty popular.

Cleaning a delicate glass piece

My best friend bought me a beautiful dragon steamroller for an early christmas present, and i love it to death but i have a tendency to suck the ash thru like i do with a bong so the insides a mess already, and i hear all kinds of cleaning tips, but i cant stick anything in it to scrub it or dry it because the dragon whiskers (or something) are really delicate.

Is there anything i can soak it in and let it dry and not have streaks or spots or anything without wiping it off?

Attachments

• steamrollercropped.jpg
    steamrollercropped.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 346
throw in some ethanol or high proof alcohol, will get every spot and streak out of there. btw, looks nice !! :)

that's dirty?
icon852.gif
icon852.gif
icon852.gif

but seriously: salt and rubbing alcohol.

first run hot water thru it until nothing more will come loose. (try to run the water thru the bowl area. then fill yer tube with a small layer of salt (1cm or less) then pour in some rubbing alcohol in. cover all holes and shake like a mofo while the glass is still warm

the bowl stem area probably wont get totally clean but fuck it

WOW, that's a nice peice! I had one that was almost identical but it was dropped by a clumsy friend, who in the end refused to help compensate for it because "he doesn't smoke much and didnt understand spending that much money on glass when i could use metal".

Yea, that same friend has never smoked my weed again.

Oh and as for cleaning, i usualy only smoke once or twice a week, so after each use i would rinse my peice. I would set it up in a cup or against something under the faucet and run hot water in one end and out the other for a few minutes, then run it through the other end. That usualy kept it spotless.

Before that, when i would let my pipes get really dirty, i would soak them in rubbing alcohol over night. That worked as well.

frizzantik- hahaha, no, i took that right after we de-virginized it, its grungy now and not nearly as pretty