• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Finding a vein!!

xXxChaosKittyxXx

Bluelighter
I've been a heroin addict for 4 years now, and shooting for the past 2 1/2. Lately i have been having such trouble finding a good vein. I have very small and hidden veins so its hard as it is, without the scar tissue from all my fuck ups when i first started hittin myself!! For instance, i have this nice vein on the top of my wrist that buldges, but when i try and get it...nothing. I put the needle in at the right angle and everything!! I need a map of like the veins in the human body and where they are! Can anyone help?? I have a few veins i can get most of the time, but i cant use them over and over cause that will ruin them. Does anyone know where there are some good veins?

It depends on how much u've done a number on urself. I am a semi-daily user and i hit my arms only and hit only on the top to avoid bruising under your arm where the skin is tender. If you can't find a vein period, maybe you got bigger problems. Tried the feet and or above your elbows across the side is a good one.

Do NOT try using the feet to find a vein I would never suggest using the feet as AtxBigBallin has. There are a host of problems and complications using the veins in your feet. I really can't believe someone would suggest using the feet. The idea of using the veins in your feet to inject heroin completely destroys the notion of harm reduction.

Have you tried using the large vein that follows the side of your forearm? Also you may want to check out http://www.anypositivechange.org/bvcsi.html

Last edited:
vicodelicious said:
DO NOT inject into your feet. Much more succeptable to a blood clot... dangerous.

Not only that, but ouch! Painful! I have never not regretted the times I've tried the feet. Hands, ok. But not feet.

Some places just hurt more than others. On my right arm, I've got one big vein to the side of the elbow that looks great but for some reason is very painful to hit. I use it only in emergencies (plus whenever I have blood taken, they invariably go for that one).

Miles

Thank you for reading my little posting.

Thanks for responding!! I have injecting in my foot once, using that vein on the top of the foot. It hurt so damn much getting the needle in. If i moved the needle a tiny bit while inside it KILLED!! once i hit and botted my foot itched like a bitch. I've used the vein on the side of my forearm...it rolls plus theres alotta scar tissue. My hands are all messed up since they were the veins i used the most when i first started....so they are outta the question. I wish you guys could see what im dealing with in person!!! *sigh*

PS: My mainline was usable on my right arm, but then some idiot nurse in training fucked it up while trying to IV me when i was in the hospital once. So now its unusable...and i cant seem to find the twin vein in my left arm...why is that?

Man, I have injected into my feet quite a few times, to the point where the ankle vein has retreated to deep under the skin (or has collasped). I often have the trouble of finding veins, mainly because of fuck-ups from before. But since i inject maybe 2x a week now, the situation has improved. Also, lifting weights helps quite abit. When you finally run out of veins, thats sort of a message that you need to stop for a while. Not like I listened to the my body........

I hear that, its not always easy to shoot 2x a week when u've had worse habits, but i try to keep mine to a minumum also. But thanks negrogesic for the reply because everyone here acted like shooting in the feet was never heard of or something.

its not unheard of its just a BAD idea. think about hgow far away from your heart your feet are, that means the blood is moving alot slower and is alot thicker which means if you go through the vein or miss that more often t han not your will develop an abcess(everytime ive missed in my foot it has abcessed which was twice) also as mentioned blood clots are more likely to occur because as i said the blood is already thicker than it would be closer to your heart so its just kinda oozeing along and tends to clot up much easier and if you get a blood clot and it breaks off and gets stuck in your heart or lungs you can DIE. so in short dont shoot in your feet unless you have NO other choice.

As far as finding a vein I find when i start missing that i get frustrated and miss more and more and this tends to be one of my biggest problems so the best advice i can give is to remain calm while your pokeing, take a few seconds before you shoot up and let the appropriate arm hang limp at your side(further down than normal) making sure the spot you plan to inject is below your heart.
Then swing your arm in slow circles while breathing deep. If you take a minute to do this every time it will not only calm you down but make trap more blood in your desired vein and therefore make it more easy to hit.

i have a pretty hard time finding veins too, shit sucks.. i fucked up the only ones ive got. Ive tried everything, all the suggestions on here.. Sometimes you just get lucky. and if you cant find a vein at all than.. hey, maybe your better off not shooting up anyways.

goodluck with everything.

Yeah, well when i cant possibly find a vein at all, i skin pop it. sucks and its a waste but at least it keeps ya from gettin sick.

i know its stupid!! but when im SICK and i mean SICK, with a fairly dull needle and i cant hit anything at all, and i mean NOTHING, then i have skin popped. Not an often occurance. I know how wasteful and harmful it can be to skin. If i do a few more bags then usual i get a high. No real rush but a slow warm feeling. I have only had to do it twice and im not proud.

^dont skin pop. unless u want lots of pock marks. in your situation i know it sounds drastic but i would turn to methadone maintainance. i dont think you'd regret it in the long run.

There comes a time when u are just facing real danger when u run out of veins. i have seen it so many times and have been faced with it myself - using dangerous locations = blood clots. I have lost on aquaintance this way and nearly another the other week, she luckily got treatment. Please consider your health.

If you want to skin pop then get some micron filters. I completely and utterly understand you situation and your fear of getting sick. What are you shooting, powder or tar? If you filter it well enough then i suppose its safer but....well do what you have to do, ive been in the situation. If you are shooting some clean white powder with few particulates in the solution its better than popping tar, but still, becarefull.........

Popping street drugs period is just a bad idea, if u can't find any veins and all u can think to do is pop, u got a lot bigger problems then gettin high.

Coming from experience of being a heroin addict i really suggest that you use the veins that you have been because if you use small veins you may cause heart problems as i have. Keep using strong veins, and you do run a risk of collapsing a vein but if you've been injecting for 2 and a half years and not collapsed one you seem to have strong veins...but i only injected on the elbow area on the under part, never feet or behind knees or any of that.