• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Finding a vein!!

I think if you are at that point you are at now you should try to get on a maintenance program. There are a lot of recovering addicts on this board and there are some good posts about their stories. I understand how being sick we resort to less then desirable means of ingesting our drugs. You should get on the maintenance if for nothing more then to give your veins a rest. Have you tried doing forearm curls with a light weight ot help develop the muscle fibers in your arms which will help make your veins more prominent. I have a few other suggestions that I have used but I am ready to nod off heavily here so I cant finish right now.

I am in a methadone program! Its a 21 day detox...and i have to still use only cause the dose im at so far isnt strong enough...i still get pretty ill. I dont skin pop regularly. I have only done it in desperation like..3 times IF that! I cant go on maintenance since im selling my house and then moving. I dont wanna be on liquid handcuffs. I told the people at the clinic im at that its not like im useing at this point for fun, or to get high. Its just so i dont get sick.

I was injecting heroin 7 times a day for a while and lost all veins in my arm. I noticed the veins in my hand and gave it a try. They worked great for me. I've talked to some people who have had bad experiences with the veins in the hand but not me. I used them for the 4 mos. before I quit aand they stayed well the whoe time.

Here's the method I used:

1. Hang your arm down and continualy make and unmake a fist to get all the blood flow toyour hand.
2. Tie up around your wrist. I liked to tie further away from my hand cause there were some good veins at the end of my arm/start of my wrist.
3. Since the veins in your hand arent deep because the have no place to go, I would almost hold the needle parallel to my hand.

Good luck...I remember how scared I got when my veins were running out. was terrifyed to live 4 hrs. without heroin and now I'm clean over 4 mos. And i think I know the vein your talking about that gives to blood. Is it on the side of your wrist? I always tried that one and got no blood.

You should try that pretty large vein on the inside of your knee. Seems to work nice for a hardcore injecting friend of mine.

Another friend recently told me about some guy he met in a rehab center. He had been injecting for more than 10 years in the exact same spot. He had like a crater in that arm because he never gave it time to heal. He could even inject in the dark, just stuck in the needle in the crater. Strange that the vein even survived, because it's a sure bet he was using 23g needles or larger.

i imagine the crater looks like in "requim for a dream" ! man i cant read this thread without shaking myself , i also injekted to my feet but like 70% i get a an egg. ;) this hurts and itches very bad! Stay away....

^ When you hit veins that are close to bone they have a tendency to balloon up. You almost (or at least I do) have to go into the vein almost horizontially using ultra fine points.

Enemas work as well as skin popping and are by far much safer... Should have roughly a similar onset time as well..

^Skin popping is dangerous more-so with black tar. That said I have never had any complications with skin poping.

i try this one vein in my finger and its been working out alright. Soon i wont even need to find a vein...i'll be detoxing, once i get a stable dose.

Try soaking in hot bath or take long hot shower first. Hot water helps veins come up. Put your hand/arm below your waist when you sit down, then pump up your arms/hands. Also have a bAsin of lots and lots of warm water handy. Wet skin surfaces really help find and locate veins. If you found a vein that rolls, anchor it below waist between your knees or something and once you see the place u wanna hit, stretch the skin taunt over the vein, wet it, then slowely try aiming the bevel upwards sliding into the vein. You could also try tyiing off with a wide belt or even better a blood pressure cuff.