• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what is your greatest skill/talent?

infinity

Bluelighter
not everyone knows what he is good in, some people probably never find out (and carry the wrong profession until they die)

so.. if it's not part of something you do for a living, tell us what you're really talented in, anyway. please nothing like "i am a good listener" or "i think i really know how to pick up girls" ;) preferably something that you are making money with, or gain(ed) great respect/appreciation for

i am the best puzzle-doer ever!
and i can write pretty well too... i plan to be a fiction author.
i can touch my nose with the tip of my tongue
i write good poetry
i can type without looking at the keys.
and im REALLY good at organising things, like making budgets or timetables.
oh and im fairly good at massages.

I think my real talent apart from my work would have to be automotive - I'm not trained in anything but I've always been very good at picking things up. I do the majority of the work on my own car - from mechanical to panel beating.

I still remember pulling apart my first lawn mower at 14 and putting it back together again.

I know you said nothing like a good listener - but its true - I'm good with people and helping them - afterall I am a qualified youth worker ;) I worked with young offenders for many years that invovled many violent situations, I believed I learnt alot of skills with dealing with people.

hmm might come back to this thread if I think of anything else :)

people really like my cooking. but i really suck when it comes to making an entire dinner and having it all ready at once...

i'd like to think myself a good listener. 'spcially since i plan on getting a master's in counseling psych. listening will be a big part of my job.

and i am the master of procrastination. but thats a bad thing. so never mind :)

I have perfect pitch. Many music teachers have told me so (and said that it's extremely rare), but I have no idea what to do with this skill. I'm an ok singer - definitely not great. Because of this gift I have a incredible appreciation for music.

I'm good with art. I plan on making this my career and am currently going to school for it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:
not posessing a greatest skill or talent.
yup.

Or...maxin/relaxin, y'know...

~Erik

i'm an amazing teacher. put me with anyone and some material to convey and i'll get it through to them, i'm a very relaxing and supportive person- so people naturally feel comfortable with me at the head of the class.

I guess I can say that I am exceptionally good at shooting pool, Ive made some money at the local pool hall.

I was in the top 10 for the spelling bee all through middle school.

I am a kick ass housekeeper (or a maid ;) ) I can make a bed quicker than anyone I know. I'd better be after working as one for 3 years.

honEbee said:
I have perfect pitch. Many music teachers have told me so (and said that it's extremely rare), but I have no idea what to do with this skill. I'm an ok singer - definitely not great. Because of this gift I have a incredible appreciation for music.

What to do with it... I would seriously suggest learning piano.

There aren't many things I'm really good at aside from pissing people off... I accel at alienating my friends too...

Intimidation is something that has always come naturally, kinda helps to be as big and tall as I am.

I have patience, and I am a good teacher.

I'm pretty good at figureing people out, I usually know most people at first glance or after talking to them for a few minutes.

I'm great at fine tuning sound systems... setting people's amplifiers perfectly, tweeking a equalizer or playing with mixers/sound boards, picking out the right sound/noise for music production... I've always had a knack for fiddling with knobs and sliders.

Last but not least, I've always been good at telling people what they don't want to hear (see "pissing people off") and giving good advice. Well shee-it, why do you think I've been a mod in this forum since it's creation? ;)

I have a talent for selling sex toys. Now I just wish I could make more commison with it.

My skill is becoming very good at anything I find myself interested in.

I get it from my dad. He's a heavy duty mechanic who can build a house from scratch, fix anything, cut and style hair, decorate wedding cakes, build furniture...

So my greatest skill is my ability to develop many skills.

^^^that's a good one to have. :) Then you can be good at many things and have countless possibilities for your career choice.

I'm a writer. I've always been. I didn't quite know I was any good at it till high school. It's the one thing I know I do well.

I've got heaps of appreciation from people in regards to it, but no cash to show for it, but that's alright.

I don't write for money, I write for me.

I was a journalistic wonderkid, I got my first job writing for a megazine when I was about 10 years old. It was a kids-oriented magazine of course, but as I entered my teens I moved on to a computer magazine, a weekly general interest magazine and for a while I had my own weekly ten minute radio spot on national radio. I was about 14 at the time.

I still work as a freelance journalist - mainly because it's easy extra money and I have a lifetime's worth of connections at this point. Apparently I'm not bad at it - but not great either. My main talent is how early I got started, I guess I have pretty much sucked at stuff since then =D

--- G.

I write music as if the world will end if I don't. For all intents and purposes, (or at the very least those which involve me) I suppose it would.

I can play the drums as well as a number of other percussion instruments. I have exceptional rhythm and can play well with just about any other musician.