• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what is your greatest skill/talent?

Originally posted by Web
Intimidation is something that has always come naturally, kinda helps to be as big and tall as I am.

hmmm, I seem to do that one pretty well and I'm only 5'4" ;)

I seem to be able to bullshit really well and seem to talk myself out of most situations.

apparently ;)

im pretty good at bass guitar, not really good at writing music but playing other peoples songs. id have to say im a good liar too, and not bad at catching other people's lies.

Have to say the best glowchucker in the south florida area. You know when you attach 2 glowsticks to another 2 glowsticks with chains and key rings. Ive only lost one battle in my life and it gives me nightmares (jk) no really, that dude was real fucking tight. I think If i dropped a bean now id prolly challenge him again and kick his ass. Ive been dancing since jan2000 and even travelled overseas to get paid at a dance club for my dancing services. Best job ever. I also taught the whole ignorant youth on these imported toys.

PS: I was also the best bed maker in the USAF. Ended up tight as hell looking like match boxes. I ahd to make other ppls beds too in under 2 minutes. Also folded T-shirts looking like sliced brownies. PERFECT :)

I am amazing with knives! I can throw a knife with pin point accuracy, as well as juggle one, or many in all sorts of ways. I learned out of boredom working at a juice factory. I would get my casing line running like a clock, and spend the next 7 hours fucking around with the utility knives - throwing them at skids of cardboard, juggling them, and trying different tricks with them until I perfected it.......I know, not much of a future here LOL
Oh ya, I roll a mean joint too!

I'm an artist. But I'm a lazy mo fo. I just recently got off my ass and finished a couple projects that may have opened some doors

Great forum BTW!

*Venus*- I challenge you to a spelling duel. ;) I bet you'd be a worthy opponent- all your posts are exceptionally well written. :)

I have won awards for debate (in English and Spanish), mock trial on a high school level and spelling.

My greatest talent, though, is listening, as is the case with many of in this thread (perhaps that's why we're all here ;)). In my case it may be the psych major, perhaps it's just innate. I love to let people bounce their problems off me and I do the best I can to help them.

A very close second would be my talents in the culinary arts. Cooking to me is not following a recipe; it's inventing my own.

Anyone can read. Anyone that can read a recipe with a reasonable measure of intelligence can cook provided they have the proper tools can cook.

Not only do I have all that, I have a love for my craft. :)

I have a true vision and I love fine foods and wines with every fiber of my being.

I am also one pain in the ass argumentative bitch but I don't necessarily consider that a talent. ;)

I'm pretty good at spelling, as well. I was Top 3 in the Spelling Bee from about 5th grade through 8th grade.

Other than that, I'm not too good at many things nowadays. I'm damn smart, but I really have never been one to apply myself to school, therefor my grades have never been great.

I'm good at basketball, too, I suppose. I was always a real good shooter. Actually led my team in three point percentage in high school.

TranceAggie said:
math with chemistry in a close second

I'm not too different, me being Maths, Physics then Chemistry.

Slacked off on Chemistry in the last few years though. Used to be my best.

Originally posted by bong420tripper
I'm pretty good at spelling, as well. I was Top 3 in the Spelling Bee from about 5th grade through 8th grade.

Other than that, I'm not too good at many things nowadays. I'm damn smart, but I really have never been one to apply myself to school, therefor my grades have never been great.

this is me. i guess i've tried a little more at uni, so hopefully that will lead somewhere, but i'm not exactly mr. super-talented or anything, as it is :(

i'm told that i'm quite a good writer, but really, i don't think i'm good enough to ever go too far with it...i was a *really* good australian rules football player (like, i think i probably would have made afl level), but i developed a stress fracture in my right foot about three years ago, and it's been with me since. though it obviously wouldn't be the most intellectually stimulating career, i was really hoping to make it, and always planned to go back to studying as soon as i retired. alas, shit happens :(

personally, i think my greatest talent is the ability to understand people. i guess that sounds a little vague (if not downright stupid), but i really tend to understand the way people's brains work. thus, after i've finished up with my film studies stuff, (and hopefully have some sort of career established), i'd love to go back and get a degree in psychology - it really interests me.

also, i have really good taste in music (seriously :) - i tend to be that annoying person who picks the new band that's gonna be good way before it actually happens ;)).

[edit: just fixed a few typos...feel the irony! :)]

Last edited:
I'm a great writer, people have told me I'm amazing, but I like fanfiction more than regular fiction. I'm good at spelling, but I can't spell out loud, I have to write it out.

And I'm a pretty decent musician, though I've never considered it as a career.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Sucking Co.... ooops wait, this isn't SLR =D

I would have to say writing, or empathising perhaps.

Just because it isn't SLR doesn't mean you can't brag about your oral technique... but the mods have to approve it. ;)