• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lethal dose of cocaine

partyBOY-LZOT

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what a lethal dose of cocaine would be for one night of partying? If the cocaine is of average strength, with an average tolerance(use maybe once a month), and the person is of average weight and height. What would be considered too much in one night of partying. If anyone has any medical knowledge or first hand experience I would like to hear. Also is it possible to have a heart attack or go into cardiac arrest the next day? I have a lot of friends that just don't know when to stop because there so f**ked up. If anyone has info i would like to hear

8)

this question really cannot be answered. There are too many factors involved.

For instance: You say "average quality cocaine", how are we supposed to know what your deffinition of "average" is...

and so on and so forth. Im to tired to get into the rest.

Stupid question. :p

A girl in the UK who died a couple of years back was said to have ingested 3g (this was orally, i believe, not snorted) - or so the press were saying at the time. Im not sure what the LD-50 is for coke - that might give you some pointers.

vicodelicious said:
8)

this question really cannot be answered. There are too many factors involved.

For instance: You say "average quality cocaine", how are we supposed to know what your deffinition of "average" is...

and so on and so forth. Im to tired to get into the rest.

Stupid question. :p

Agreed.

Dumb question.

I thought the MLD (minimum lethal dose) of cocaine was around 1.2g snorted. For a tolerant user, it would of course be higher.......

well i have heard from alot of people that for like example a 8 ball/3.5gms is too much for just one person but of course not everyone's body is the same. Plus tolerance always comes into play as well.

Bottom line is start maybe with like a $20 bag/0.5gms and chill. If anything i have done 1 gm in a 5 hour period and felt fine. Try small amounts first and when you feel comfortable add a little bit more, but dont go over board.

remember this is a harm reduction forum not a only post smart/good question forum.

Good question bud and good luck. Erowid is a good source to always read on.

Good luck

Rob

Last edited:
Whats so often overlooked is that those who die from a "cocaine overdose" usually don't die from acute toxicity (this is where the LD-50 stuff would come into play) but rather die of a cardiac episode (heart attack, MI, full arrest, etc...)

So for a non-tollerant uer I'd say just stick with good sized lines to get off, when you feel yer heart beating out of your cheast it might be a good time to slow down ...

i think the lethatl dosage is like 1.5 grams but that's if you do it all at once. Down here in TX we get some great stuff sparkiling white thats like 98 percent pure, or so the say, but I've done an eight ball in one night spaced over time. just be careful. You should be able to tell when you cant take anymore. Please be careful man ive heard its not a pleasent death. appareantly your heart litterally pops, you can hear it and everything

PhreeX said:
Whats so often overlooked is that those who die from a "cocaine overdose" usually don't die from acute toxicity (this is where the LD-50 stuff would come into play) but rather die of a cardiac episode (heart attack, MI, full arrest, etc...)

So for a non-tollerant uer I'd say just stick with good sized lines to get off, when you feel yer heart beating out of your cheast it might be a good time to slow down ...

PhreeX is once again correct. How are you BTW?

A fatal dose of cocaine has been "approximated" at near 1.2 grams (so 1.5 is pretty close to that), although severe toxic effects have been reported at doses as low as 20 mg.

i think the lethatl dosage is like 1.5 grams but that's if you do it all at once. Down here in TX we get some great stuff sparkiling white thats like 98 percent pure, or so the say, but I've done an eight ball in one night spaced over time.

my ass. 60-70% TOPS.....and probably no where near that if your doing a ball in one night.

But I think 1.5 grams seems a little low for an overdose. But it all depends on how you take your coke, u doing 1 gram gaggers or bumps? just stop taking fuckin lines when u feel geeked.

Ahaa, but what happens when your heart is beating out of your chest and you still want more like that little rat in the cage with the pleasure button Phreex. ( thank God I usually run out by then and spend the next 5 hours chasing unreliable dealers )

Ihadn't done any coke in about 4 months and smoked 2 8-balls between me and two other people in about 5 hours. I seriously thought my heart would explode by the last hit. It was kinada scary but a lot of fun. Oh, and it was free!:)

Some of the factors you need to consider is how long you have been using, age, weight, method of admin, other drug usage ect.

People keel over from all sorts of shit, not just illegal drugs. Know your body and your limit.

Maybe a rookie question but not a stupid one....

Free coke is great, free dope is better tho

About getting hurt from coke. as previously stated, youll probably die from your heart racing too fast before the cocaine becomes lethally toxic.

The other night, i was doin quite large lines of some BOMB shit. (free of course), and i felt my heart poundin out my chest. The sad thing tho, is.. even tho i was fucked up (FLYIN, not comin down at all), i was depressed cause of some shit and jus kept blowin FAT lines.

Okay, so far not too many believable numbers. I recall 7,500mg of uncut cocaine as an LD50. Again this applies to persons with no tolerance.

yeah and how much cash would that be? i'm not going into #'s but u'd die cuz u'd have no money to buy food instead of an OD

no way 1.5g is the LD50 for coke or we be seeing people dropping like flies. i have no idea, but i can believe the poster who said 7.5g uncut at once. then again, boston george said he was doing 10g uncut per nite.

Did 2 8 balls between 4 people in a night and none of us came close to dying. That works out to over 1.5 a piece so either we have a high tolerance or it was not very good stuff. As I remember, it was pretty good stuff. If it hadn't cost us a lot already, we would have spent all night (maybe it was day at that point???) chasing around unreliable dealers for more :) So maybe 1.5 is an OD point for the really, really good stuff that we all dream about!