• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lethal dose of cocaine

1.8g is the lowest dose ive ever known anyone too die from but that was IV, all in 1 shot... its extremely hard too OD from snorting and smoking.

It's just a gamble, I had a friend who had a heart attack after half a gram of coke that he got in NYC. He was a regular user (every weekend around a gram, in 0.1g lines snorted) and he used to run, also he just had a check up before thet weekend and he was healthy as a horse. Another friend had a heart attack after a gram, so I guess it's always a Russian roulette.
I can't beleive people doing more than 2 grams by themselves a night, they must be getting some bad come really, especially the tough boys who snort a gram in two lines. Change your dealer guys, he is fucking you big time.

I have been snorting for a few years, and have been know to sniff 1 g lines. I've maybe done this 4 to 5 times in one night, mid-grade of course. I also mixed .5 oz with 10 caps of pure mdma, and chased down the whole batch with 3 freinds in 5 hours. still alive

congradulations, your penis is bigger than mine. happy? I think you are missing the point of this forum.

I could not tell you the ld of cocaine. I could see many of the dosages posted so far being reasonable, though.

ok I'm going to tell you all why I don't use coke anymore...

I only used for about 2 to 3 years off and on occasionaly for fun with friends until it got bad at one point which wasn't even too bad but about 3 to 4 times a week, more or less.

Anywho... in those 2 to 3 years I have seen two people OD on coke. One had to go to the hospital and one didn't. (the one who didn't, didn't "need" to go because I was too coked out to take his ass and had already been through this shit before a few months prior).

So anyway... the first person I saw OD was only 3 lines into the night. Me and two friends went in on an ounce of decent coke from Mexico. I live about 15 mins away. So we start out the night snorting average size lines about a pencil width (the skinny way if you laid a pencil down) wide. And about 3 to 4 inches long.

Anyhow... after his third line, he decides to sniff another two about the same size when everyone is busy talking and he drops on the floor shaking his ass off going into seizures with convulsions and all and he bounces around the floor foaming at the mouth and spitting blood on himself and then just stops moving abrubtly and doesn't move an inch. Starts turning blue etc... we roll him over on his side and start calling 911 and out of nowhere he jumps up, eyes wide open and punches the person trying to tilt his head at the time in the face and runs at lightning speed around the room punching things, knocking shit over, breaking lamps, etc... and then runs room to room doing the same sort of deal. Then he sort of slows down and just stares at everyone, asking what the fuck just happened.

We try to explain he just OD'd on coke and had a seizure but he was all loopy and didn't believe us because he didn't remember any of it. He started taking off his clothes and asking for water (which we gave him) and saying he felt like he was on fire and his heart hurt.

So I drove him to the ER at that point at like 3 am coked out of my head.

I guess they shot him with some sort of downer and released him a little while later.

Next friend....

Same thing happened, only he had been snorting decent lines all day long from around 3pm until about 12am when we met up with him to do some. We were drunk and I was drunk and on mushrooms when I snorted my first line with him and walked away to chat with some people, and bam next thing you know.. he's flopping around on the floor halfway screaming, halfway gagging and holding his chest. His face looked like it hurt more than I can ever imagine, but since I'd seen it before and was now feeling the coke numbing my face and shit, I was cool about and calmed the rest of the room down. I explained what was probably going to happen next (him running around full of adrenaline breaking shit) and we held his ass down while he jerked around and kicked a table over, then tried to jump up and run for it.

He slowly came out of it and didn't remember anything that happened and thought we were lying when we said he took too much and had a seizure. So we gave him some valium and finished off a quarter of coke between three people that all watched what just happend. After that night I'm kinda over coke. I slip up now and then when I'm drunk and do it here and there but I learned from others that it doesn't take much to OD. It might not kill you, but you'll end up with a shirt and floor full of blood and snot and a bunch of broken shit, not to mention a sore heart.

If that ever happens wait it out... if the person stops moving and doesn't come out of it within 10 mins or so.. get them to a hospital.

The doctors told my first friend he had an adema? I think they call it that... when too much blood gets trapped in your brain and it swells up real quick. You go into a seizure and your heart stops while your body recovers. If your heart doesn't start up again within a second or so... you die. Pretty simple. People who OD on coke usually have a seizure first and then die in the middle of it.

Good luck with the coke.

Just to clarify both of those people OD'd by snorting coke only, not shooting it, and both did a regular line that through them over the edge. The first one hadn't even come close to consuming a gram that night and the second was maybe a gram into the night give or take.

It's a 50/50 chance. You either OD or you don't. Both were regular users, the first one hadn't done it in a month or so... the other was using every day or every other day.

thanks for your story and concerns, but we all take risks when doing drugs. as far as my personal opinion, i think coke is one of the safer drugs as it just doesn't F me up at all compared to other drugs legal or not.

Since no one posted it

just for future reference the LD50 is 95mg/ Kg of bodyweight...

Thats why I not into coke anymore either...Im my opinion cocaine is alot easier to OD on than heroin(well for me at least, but I have a opioid tolerance so dont take info to heart)...Ive never OD off of the smack durin all 10 years...but Ive come close to it on coke and its very very scary....

Snorting 2-3 lines right after you snorted one is just asking for it...

^ which makes dope that much better of a drug.

one is never satisfied with cocaine....or only for a very short period of time.

I too prefer dope over coke. It just seems so much easier on the body and mind. It will still kill you if you do too much but... doing a small sample first and not being stupid should keep you relatively safe.

Coke is just too risky for me now. Fun, but too risky...

and yeah ^^ like that old saying goes about coke... you can always do one more but you can never do one less.

Spend $300 dollars in a day or two and feel like shit.

just not for me.

(oh and I'm not saying don't do coke, do dope. Do whatever you want, I'm just telling you all about me :)

i have no interest in doing dope. i don't see a problem with coke at all for me. When i choose to do it, i just fill my bullet with .5g and do it thruout the nite with alcohol. when i run out , then that's it for the nite.

Seraphix said:
Since no one posted it

just for future reference the LD50 is 95mg/ Kg of bodyweight...

we hate the metric system. so, that's 95mg/2.2lbs. let's round it to 100mg/2lbs for simplicity. i weigh 180lbs, so the LD50 would be around 9g for me.

The LD50 depending on body weight is between one and one and a half grams.

Good to know...I took a risk with it my second time ever and snorted about 1.2 grams in one go, so those minimum lethal dosages can be tricky. People have died on less of course. And I had to go to the ER just for an extremely rapid heartbeat which was giving me problems, after only about .6 grams. I'm not taking it again as a result of that, I don't want to risk it anymore...not that I ever DID, but...you know.

ive been im sitiuations like the rest where ive done lots of cocaine in a night and am still alive, it seems like theres the occasional person whose heart stops from a not too hefty amount...

the thing for me is it seems like the more i do, the more id rather die cause the come down just gets more and more worse, especially smoking.

I do not believe the lower numbers (1-1.5g) are appliable to people without some kind of underlying health problem. I believe me and 3 friends did a little less than 1 gram the first night and no one came close to ODing. Granted, I do not believe this was "bomb" shit... but I felt extremely good. I always thought of coke as one of the safer drugs to do, compared to alcohol, opiates (yum) I've personally just never seen someone freak out on coke, but I have on pot. Im surprised at all the horror stories.

OCfiend said:
The LD50 depending on body weight is between one and one and a half grams.

This is correct. But since that's what the PDR says, it's probably for 100% pharmaceutical grade cocaine...since none of us here get that kind of purity, of course it's going to be higher.
It also says that acute toxicity has been reported with as little as 20mg. This probably accounts for some of the stories here of lesser amounts causing some serious problems...:\