Bluelight

Thread: Lethal dose of cocaine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lethal dose of cocaine 
    Does anyone know what a lethal dose of cocaine would be for one night of partying? If the cocaine is of average strength, with an average tolerance(use maybe once a month), and the person is of average weight and height. What would be considered too much in one night of partying. If anyone has any medical knowledge or first hand experience I would like to hear. Also is it possible to have a heart attack or go into cardiac arrest the next day? I have a lot of friends that just don't know when to stop because there so f**ked up. If anyone has info i would like to hear

2. Collapse Details

this question really cannot be answered. There are too many factors involved.

For instance: You say "average quality cocaine", how are we supposed to know what your deffinition of "average" is...

and so on and so forth. Im to tired to get into the rest.

Stupid question.

3. Collapse Details

A girl in the UK who died a couple of years back was said to have ingested 3g (this was orally, i believe, not snorted) - or so the press were saying at the time. Im not sure what the LD-50 is for coke - that might give you some pointers.

4. Collapse Details

Originally posted by vicodelicious

this question really cannot be answered. There are too many factors involved.

For instance: You say "average quality cocaine", how are we supposed to know what your deffinition of "average" is...

and so on and so forth. Im to tired to get into the rest.

Stupid question.

Agreed.

Dumb question.

5. Collapse Details

"dumb question"

Eh, the guy just wants to know if he's going to kill himself or not.

Try www.erowid.com, I'm sure they have your answer somehow.

6. Collapse Details

I thought the MLD (minimum lethal dose) of cocaine was around 1.2g snorted. For a tolerant user, it would of course be higher.......

7. Collapse Details

well i have heard from alot of people that for like example a 8 ball/3.5gms is too much for just one person but of course not everyone's body is the same. Plus tolerance always comes into play as well.

Bottom line is start maybe with like a $20 bag/0.5gms and chill. If anything i have done 1 gm in a 5 hour period and felt fine. Try small amounts first and when you feel comfortable add a little bit more, but dont go over board.

remember this is a harm reduction forum not a only post smart/good question forum.

Good question bud and good luck. Erowid is a good source to always read on.

Good luck

Rob
    Last edited by robbyrob; 19-01-2004 at 21:48.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Central Florida Area (think Orlando area)
    Whats so often overlooked is that those who die from a "cocaine overdose" usually don't die from acute toxicity (this is where the LD-50 stuff would come into play) but rather die of a cardiac episode (heart attack, MI, full arrest, etc...)

So for a non-tollerant uer I'd say just stick with good sized lines to get off, when you feel yer heart beating out of your cheast it might be a good time to slow down ...

9. Collapse Details

i think the lethatl dosage is like 1.5 grams but that's if you do it all at once. Down here in TX we get some great stuff sparkiling white thats like 98 percent pure, or so the say, but I've done an eight ball in one night spaced over time. just be careful. You should be able to tell when you cant take anymore. Please be careful man ive heard its not a pleasent death. appareantly your heart litterally pops, you can hear it and everything

10. Collapse Details

Originally posted by PhreeX
    Whats so often overlooked is that those who die from a "cocaine overdose" usually don't die from acute toxicity (this is where the LD-50 stuff would come into play) but rather die of a cardiac episode (heart attack, MI, full arrest, etc...)

So for a non-tollerant uer I'd say just stick with good sized lines to get off, when you feel yer heart beating out of your cheast it might be a good time to slow down ...
    PhreeX is once again correct. How are you BTW?

A fatal dose of cocaine has been "approximated" at near 1.2 grams (so 1.5 is pretty close to that), although severe toxic effects have been reported at doses as low as 20 mg.

11. Collapse Details

i think the lethatl dosage is like 1.5 grams but that's if you do it all at once. Down here in TX we get some great stuff sparkiling white thats like 98 percent pure, or so the say, but I've done an eight ball in one night spaced over time.
    my ass. 60-70% TOPS.....and probably no where near that if your doing a ball in one night.

But I think 1.5 grams seems a little low for an overdose. But it all depends on how you take your coke, u doing 1 gram gaggers or bumps? just stop taking fuckin lines when u feel geeked.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Red face
    Ahaa, but what happens when your heart is beating out of your chest and you still want more like that little rat in the cage with the pleasure button Phreex. ( thank God I usually run out by then and spend the next 5 hours chasing unreliable dealers )

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ihadn't done any coke in about 4 months and smoked 2 8-balls between me and two other people in about 5 hours. I seriously thought my heart would explode by the last hit. It was kinada scary but a lot of fun. Oh, and it was free!

14. Collapse Details

free drugs are the best drugs

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Some of the factors you need to consider is how long you have been using, age, weight, method of admin, other drug usage ect.

People keel over from all sorts of shit, not just illegal drugs. Know your body and your limit.

Maybe a rookie question but not a stupid one....

16. Collapse Details

Free coke is great, free dope is better tho

About getting hurt from coke. as previously stated, youll probably die from your heart racing too fast before the cocaine becomes lethally toxic.

The other night, i was doin quite large lines of some BOMB shit. (free of course), and i felt my heart poundin out my chest. The sad thing tho, is.. even tho i was fucked up (FLYIN, not comin down at all), i was depressed cause of some shit and jus kept blowin FAT lines.

17. Collapse Details

Okay, so far not too many believable numbers. I recall 7,500mg of uncut cocaine as an LD50. Again this applies to persons with no tolerance.

18. Collapse Details

yeah and how much cash would that be? i'm not going into #'s but u'd die cuz u'd have no money to buy food instead of an OD

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    no way 1.5g is the LD50 for coke or we be seeing people dropping like flies. i have no idea, but i can believe the poster who said 7.5g uncut at once. then again, boston george said he was doing 10g uncut per nite.

20. Collapse Details

Did 2 8 balls between 4 people in a night and none of us came close to dying. That works out to over 1.5 a piece so either we have a high tolerance or it was not very good stuff. As I remember, it was pretty good stuff. If it hadn't cost us a lot already, we would have spent all night (maybe it was day at that point???) chasing around unreliable dealers for more So maybe 1.5 is an OD point for the really, really good stuff that we all dream about!

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    1.8g is the lowest dose ive ever known anyone too die from but that was IV, all in 1 shot... its extremely hard too OD from snorting and smoking.

22. Collapse Details

It's just a gamble, I had a friend who had a heart attack after half a gram of coke that he got in NYC. He was a regular user (every weekend around a gram, in 0.1g lines snorted) and he used to run, also he just had a check up before thet weekend and he was healthy as a horse. Another friend had a heart attack after a gram, so I guess it's always a Russian roulette.
    I can't beleive people doing more than 2 grams by themselves a night, they must be getting some bad come really, especially the tough boys who snort a gram in two lines. Change your dealer guys, he is fucking you big time.

23. Collapse Details

I have been snorting for a few years, and have been know to sniff 1 g lines. I've maybe done this 4 to 5 times in one night, mid-grade of course. I also mixed .5 oz with 10 caps of pure mdma, and chased down the whole batch with 3 freinds in 5 hours. still alive

24. Collapse Details

congradulations, your penis is bigger than mine. happy? I think you are missing the point of this forum.

I could not tell you the ld of cocaine. I could see many of the dosages posted so far being reasonable, though.

25. Collapse Details

yeah, u'll start to think ur dyin when u run outta coke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast