• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how do you act strait while stoned?

weedisgood

Bluelighter
i came home one day stoned out of my mind, i can usually act normal while im high, but this time was so high that i seriously couldnt act strait, my eyes never get red so i dont have to use visine, but my mom could still tell that i was stoned. so could you guys give me any tips on how to act normal?

^^ The obvious answer, but yeah.. That ain't gonna happen most likely. Thought you were gonna quit pot weedisgood..? :)

Moms can tell, dads too. It's in their nature, they smell you're fear d00d !! And if you just hold frikkin still, they won't see you man.. =D

I've learned through much experience that its impossible. Parent's just know, especially if they expect it. I can get away with it now, but it took me 3 years. I gotta get out of this house.

I find the easiest way to act straight when you're fucked up is to just ride the high instead of fight it to act what YOU think is normal at the time. Your concept of "normal" when you're high is guaranteed to be just a *little* off centre, if you catch my drift, so just ride your high and try to be mellow instead of "Uh huh huh huh" and you'll probably end up looking pretty normal, or maybe drunk.

just try to calm yourself, focus on your surroundings and not your high, you'll look more normal but it's hard

Well, if you're stoned all the time, no one ever figures out you're stoned, they just think you're slow. This can be both advantageous and really bad, at times. ;)

The thing is that it's so easy to freak someone out when he's high - if they even have a tiny inkling that you might have smoked before and see a tiny bit of odd behaviour and call you on it - nothing might come of it normally. But if you're high and you panic - it's a dead give-away.

Basically, it is possible with practice - I have gotten through several family dinners blazed out of my skull - but not worth the anxiety in the long run.

--- G.

I remember coming home during high school trying to act "normal." Pretty funny if you think about it. Just try to keep your eyes open really. When you spend a good portion of your life high you get used to these things. I reciently spoke with a dean at my college blazed as hell. Pretty intense.

As long as I don't TRY I'm fine really. When you phase out and go with the flow it works....i've done it literally hndreds of times w dozens of ppl. When you TRY hard, then you fuck up, because you cant do it.

That's true, most of the time when I pull it off I am just relaxed and not thinking about it - just riding the high and being natural. Other times I start thinking about it too much and get paranoid and that is when you fuck it up! :(

--- G.

The only time I'm ever stoned around my parents is when they go out for the night and come back like 30 min - 2hrs later. Its mainly night time when this happens so what I do is after they leave, I go out on my balcony, smoke a bowl, then go to the bathroom and take out my contacts and put my glasses on. If it's to early for my to change into my night cloths, I just grab something to drink from the kitchen or I just brush my teeth. Parents never know I was smoking. Then again I'm always in my room and I'm always on my computer or watching TV or playing games. Well thats acting normal for me. Always get away with it.

i'm with medicinebag and GL.

because i'm stoned all the time, i think social interaction - especially with authority figures - is almost easier when i've been smoking :D

[...]
as to the original question, dont act paranoid. look them in the eyes and act as if ur tired. my parents used to always know when i was stoned. now i can smoke in my room with my door open and blow the smoke in my parents face and they still wont know im high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's keep it civilized people..

Most people can tell if you're stoned. It's your behaviour, your posture, red eyes, weed smell, whatever happens when you're high, people seem to notice if they start paying attention. I can spot a stoner from miles away.

thanks guys, ill try and just go with it next time i get caught in a situation like that again, and blowmonkey; i wasnt gonna quit totaly, just cut down i guess, had been sober for about two weeks before that, so thats probably why i got so incredibly blasted, but i guess the best thing for me is to avoid my parents at all costs when im high

Acting straight under any influence is basically just having power over your mind. The more you study your psy, the better at it you'll be. I can act straight on 4+ gs of mushrooms if i have to (though i don't make a habbit of it, what would be the fun??(

The real problem with pot though isn't so much being incontrol of your actions and speach. But more the physical side effects such as dry mouth, red/glassy eyes, bad breath etc. These factors are often out of ones control and can be a dead give-away.