• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how do you act strait while stoned?

heliospan said:
By acting stoned when I'm straight.

...For me, being stoned allows me to act and consider and speak and just generally express myself more originally and without social tactics. So I have taken many nights apart to look at what exactly is changing when I'm stoned that allows that to occur.

I have found some answers, and to the best of my ability--and it is a constant process of reminding myself moment by moment--to integrate it into my non-stoned state of consciousness, to change it in order to be more free.

What I have to remind myself is that this is a dream. I make it what it is consensually. Things are only what I make them mean. Happiness is a choice to be made RIGHT NOW. Requiring corroboration to be happy is only procrastination. Choose to be happy.
Right on.

I think it has a lot to do with your normal frame of mind. Some people, or rather society at large, are just fucking insane. :) They go about doing things because it's "the way things are done", and that's as far as their reasoning goes. They have utterly no clue what they're doing, let alone their motivations behind their actions.

Weed brings these subconscious actions into full consciousness, so the more they're subconscious in the first place, the more you'll be visibly affected by weed. I try to be conscious of everything I do regardless of whether or not I'm high, so for me playing it down is pretty easy.

The hardest part is the "tired" look on my eyes that mother's can always pick up on...though if I focus enough on my surroundings and clear my mind then I'll even look more awake. Forgetfulness, now that's a tricky one. Just don't go off on tangents--you'll forget what you were originally saying.

For me it's practice and tolerance. If i havent smoked in a few weeks or a week and i have to "act straight" im kinda fucked. If ive been smokin everyday it's not that hard at all%)

How to act like a strait when stoned?
Get really wet, lie down on the ground and connect two bodies of water.

Oh, you mean straight?

Fuck I'm a dick, even I hate me.

The tricks is never to let them suspect you are smoking. My parents never really thought i would do it, so i have at many many occasions walked around stoned in front of them, even at family parties. To your parents, there really isn't much difference between being drunk and being high if they haven't smoked before themselves.
Another trick is deny deny deny. Even though they seem to know that you're high, all they're doing is guessing, so by denying you can hopefully make them think they were wrong.

What I do is I just relax and just go with the flow. But when im stoned its hard to understand what im saying because of cottonmoulth, but I smoked 2 weeks straight and was always around my parents when I got home from a friends house after smoking but I would just say hello get some food (not too much cause then it will be obvious your stoned) then go up to my computer and serf the web and go to bed.

I never really had conversations with my parents I just kind of ignored them but not in a mean way. Haven't gotten caught yet (but I have no weed now cause I just finished my stash off and am too lazy to get some =| oh well.)

Its easy, before you step in the house, go to a coffee shop or whatever splash your face with water, wash your hands, apply visine, and chew the shit out of gum, but spit it out right before u go in your house, then if they say somethinglike are you high? or drunk or whatever..all you have to say is..yeah, thats it..Im high..sarcasm is key..ride with what they say and theyll feel like dumbasses..lmao then go on ur comp and trip the fuckout :)

Splashing your face with cold water can work, but that will basically kill your high. I don't know if it's the same way for other people, but if I splash myself with cold water, I basically will have no high at all.

Well, somehow I manage to smoke a gram or two a day in my room, while my dad is home but he doesn't figure it out. Theres been occasions when I smoke a bowl or two in my room, and he immediatley calls me down, or comes and knocks on the door and I have to let him in...but he doesnt suspect anything.

im stoned pretty much constantly when i'm at home so in his eyes, when I'm stoned, thats just the way I am.

At school is a different story. Long story short, I just don't give a fuck. People being paranoid at my school should only happen when the VP's walk out the door to the smoking area. I go out and smoke weed during class if I want to, because I just don't worry about teachers catching me. I'll openly, and loudly converse about smokin pot, snorting blow, drinking beers, etc. in front of, or with a teacher. Its a real world thing, and most of the teachers are 'experienced' enough to let it slide. I also have a pretty good repor with all the teachers, because even though I smoke weed all the time and they know it, I'm a pretty smart kid. I converse with teachers, even when stoned and try to get on their good side. Talk sports with the teachers, they will have a tougher time sending you to the VP.

I go to math class after lunch every day ripped (except on test days) and the teacher HAS to know by know, I cant count the # of times that my eyes were red as beets in the 3rd row, and he kept looking at me. I've come to the conclusion that he just doesn't care. Being in Gr 12 he knows that my marks are important to me, and it doesnt hurt him if I'm stoned in class, as long as im still working hard. If he were to send me to the office knowing I was stoned, he would know hes hurting my chances at Uni probably, and since hes a generally good guy, he wouldn't do that to me.

Overall Its pretty easy for me to smoke whenever, and wherever I want, without getting caught.

I think the key to this is confidence. Those of us who didn't get high our first few times smoking have a leg up here, as we know it's possible to have it in your system while keeping yourself in a sober frame of mind. Don't try to act straight, convince yourself that you are straight, and then forget about it. Granted, killing a buzz at will does suck, but how much were you going to enjoy it anyway?

As for the physical signs, the telltale is the eyes. Get acquainted with visine, and if you wear contacts and glasses, wear the contacts as much as possible, and the glasses if you're stoned. Glasses will make your eyes look different, and if the redness is questioned, your contacts were bothering your eyes which is why you're wearing the glasses in the first place. This isn't a perfect coverup, but it will probably raise enough doubt to dismiss the issue.

Finally, keep in mind that getting away with things doesn't necessarily involve hiding them, so long as you don't give any authority figures a reason to confront you about it. This is especially true for teachers and law enforcement; they almost always have bigger fish to fry, and if it's obvious that you've been smoking but it's not causing any problems, they'll either not care or decide it's not worth the hassle to bring up. Parents are a bit different, but remember they've been where you are, they're not stupid, and they've probably already let you get away with a lot of things because it's not enough to start a fuss over. Make this another one of those things.

i dont need to act stright at all, my family knows, so if the think im stoned they just ignore it. if i know im going to be around family memebers i wont get stoned at all, or not that much. But if i come home really baked and thier there ill just go stright to my room. nobody cares.

Question: Do you think it is easier to act normal around you parents while your stoned if you have another stoned friend with you at the time?

i would say it is harder because then u would worry about ur parents knowing ur friend is stoned as well. this would just add to the anxiety

I find it easy to act normal around people when im stoned. I always use visine, chew gum and apply some deoderant and noone can tell the difference unless I hold a conversation with them for an extended period of time or start laughing hysterically. If I just want to go grab some munchies or whatever I just endorse the high, speak to my parents, grab the food and leave. And don't get the wrong idea, my parents were both stoners...in fact i've even smoked with my mum before but I can still fool them. Then again, i'm renowned for my ability to lie so maybe I'm just generally good at keeping a front up.

It depends on how much experience you have with cannabis. If you are relatively new to smoking than its going to be a lot more of a challenge, versus someone who has been smoking for a few years. Best thing to do has already been mentioned. Put on some cologne (especially if you have been smoking in a confined area), maybe get something to make your breath smell fresher. Try not to talk to much, some people can tell just by the way you talk.

i've never tried to act straight. y get high if u have to act normal. fuck that, i dont care who im around. maybe cops, but fuck the cops, never had a reason to be around them.

if i was high and my parents came home early i would just tell them "i'm sorry, i'm just really really tired" now i don't have to lie 'cause i'm allowed to smoke now (my parents smoked pot and didn't let me know until after i confessed) it's fun and it stops this horrible twitching that i have (the result of a welbutrin perscription, i am so pissed at my psychiatrist [i've got adhd])

when im high i actually start asking my mom questions, turn the page on her i don't shy away from conversation or else she'd would think i was acting sketchy

BehavyuR said:
I find the easiest way to act straight when you're fucked up is to just ride the high instead of fight it to act what YOU think is normal at the time. Your concept of "normal" when you're high is guaranteed to be just a *little* off centre, if you catch my drift, so just ride your high and try to be mellow instead of "Uh huh huh huh" and you'll probably end up looking pretty normal, or maybe drunk.

I'm a really weird person, I laugh at stupid things, I'm amused by stupid shit, and I'm just a really "out-there" kinda guy, that worked for me when I started smoking pot habitually because I don't really act different when high, just calmer. So just act like you were with friends or something, don't think of your mom as a cop....think of her as a mother. Now we don't have a problem, she never asks if I'm high because I'm 18 and she understands it's my life. I guess I'm lucky. I gotta admit though, I got a really cool mom.