• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting Methadone?

liquidheaven

Bluelighter
I snorted 5mg's (half a 10) of Methadone last night and it BURNED, then I woke up this morning and my nose is totally plugged. What is the common/best way to take this stuff? Deal with the nose problems?

yeah i agree just take them, it will come on slowly but you will be zonked for like 8 hours. Snorting them burns alot as you noticed and IVing them can be ver dangerous, I have two friends who OD'ed off IV methadone.

exactly trin. you should have asked the question instead of just doing it. you dont snort methadone. at it man.

i have a tolerence and 40mgs holds me great for 24 hours.

Not to mention the half life of methadone is like 48 hours and its not meant to have a quick rush like Heroin or IV morphine, its meant for long term pain relief. Do urself a favor and don't snort the shit. Eating is by far the best method for this drug, or if ur really desperate plug it. Also taking a tagament (yes the stomach medicine) with methadone makes it more potent, helps more of it metabolize.

You're damn right about methadone burning when insulflated, I
think it's meant to be unpleasant by the nasal route and
something is added to cause the unpleasant effect to discourage
'abuse' I have gotten nosebleeds, SEVERE pain, and of
course the 'ole nose plugged up for the next 24 hours.

Probably better to take orally, but it's your choice.

When I procure methadone now, I snort 1/4 of it and swallow
the rest. That way the effect is a little faster, and 25% of the
pill burns less than snorting the whole thing, ESPECIALLY
the brand-name Methadose pills, those fuckers probably
have 1000mg of bullshit, and 10:1000 is a small ratio.
The generic methadone made by Roxanne ( 54 142 )
are the best if you absolutely have to snort them.
~C

Last edited:
This was the real shit. It's pretty easy to get around here (SouthWest) for some reason. But it's not really my favorite. I like the social aspect of snorting pills.

Typically I get with at least one other friend and we crush something up and sit around and talk while we do our business.

So for me to have a pill that I just swallow makes me less excited and less willing to do it. A pill that burns to snort is not worth the hassle of snorting --and I don't inject.

orally is the only way too take methadone, most effective anyways... Yes you can snort it but methadone dosent give a good rush or anything, your better off too just pop your pills.

Not to mention the half life of methadone is like 48 hours

Not splitting hairs here but BL should be as accurate as possible in its information. - its more like 24 hrs.
- this is why clinics give one day dosing. but it differs depending on metabolism and maybe as much as 36hrs in some.

Ppl who have no tolerance to 'done may still feel it upto 2 days later. Some of this is down to how methadone stores itself in the liver and how it binds to protein molecules as opposed to drugs like heroin which bind to carbohydrates, making the latters' half life much quicker.

Back on topic of snorting: these tablets have way too much binder material in to do this as a 5mg tab weighs about half gram; so that makes a lot of crap before you get the real stuff in your muscous membranes and a lot will be swallowed or lost by drip or blowing your nose. Thus its difficult to get high as you'd need at least 10mg, so you have to snort a hell of a lot of crap.

Swallowing is the only wayto take these. NOTE also: they should NEVER, NEVER be injected like many other tablets - due to the composition of the binder contents, one substabnce contains glycol and lots of phosphate chalk based stuff which helps nicely to clog up your veins resulting in severe health complications.

Just take them by mouth.Snorting them is a waste.No matter how you take methadone you are not gonna get that opiate rush like heroin.Snorting them is a waste because most likely you will have a nosebleed and the pills will come right out with the blood.If you wanna snort something how about good ole coke.
Peace...TG%)

I think im beginning to hear a pattern: Dont snort methadone!

Its not worth it, but i hear u can shoot the liquid form of methadone, the pink shit. I know junkies who do that, and they don't complain.

I was stupid enough to try and snort half a 10mg methadone. I usually dont gag on drips, but for some odd reason methadone gagged the hell out of me. It burnt for about 3 min, it was about 5 min ago. I haven't done any opiates in like half a year now, and it feels like this methadone might kick my ass haha.

If I would have seen this topic earlier I would NOT have snorted it and ate it like it is meant to be taken.

All in all, don't snort methadone. Your wasting your nose on all the crappy stuff, save it for the good stuff haha.

please look at the date of threads/posts in the thread before posting, we really don't need threads from 2004 being brought to the front of page.

^^^^

What's the difference? They want us to use the search engine rather than post a new thread.
There's not that much going on in these forums anyway.

The bioavailability of methadone taken orally is near 90% so it just doesn't make sense to do anything other than swallow the pills.

A warning though, tolerance to methadone comes quick and so can death due to its long half life.

I have had days where I have done close to 350mg of methadone and still felt like I wanted more. I HAVE A MONSTROUS TOLERANCE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

My point is simply don't do more than you need to get mellow. Methadone will not get you high like oxy's, heroin or morphine. It is a totally different drug. More will not get you higher, it could kill you. Think Anna Nichole Smith and a few others who thought the more the merrier!!