• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting Methadone?

I have been snorting methadone for almost 10 years. it doesnt bother me at all. The roxannes were the best for snorting until the rectangular ones came around. at this point im my life i have to take methadone so i dont get sick. my doctor perscribes me 60 mgs of methadone and 45 mgs of oxycodone per day. i dont know about the rest of you guys but in my opinion methadone is absolutely the worst drug you can get addicted to. for me the drugs have stopped working. methadone has taken the pop outta the firecracker. i can take 250 mgs of methadone and 150 mgs of oxys and i barely get sleepy. there is no more high. it just doesnt work n e more. the funny thing is, even though they dont get me high anymore i still snort them. i guess its the last thing i have to hold onto to remind me of how it used to be. i have several friends who have died from ODing on methadone and usually xanax. now the only thing i can really do to catch a buzz is drink. so thats what i do. i can warn you. i can tell you my story. i can talk until i am blue in the face. but youre gonna do what youre gonna do. all i can do is tell you that methadone has ruined my life. and itll do the same for you before you realize its too late. and im not a hypocrite for telling you the evils of methadone and continuing to snort it every day of my life. im an addict. and i dont even get any fun out of it anymore. it sux. be careful

Yo , I tihnk you should know that the reason you're not feeling the oxies anymore is because methadone at doses above 50mg a day act as a blocking agent preventing people from getting high on opiates. That's why it's used as a maintenance drug to clean up after all.

Yo , I tihnk you should know that the reason you're not feeling the oxies anymore is because methadone at doses above 50mg a day act as a blocking agent preventing people from getting high on opiates. That's why it's used as a maintenance drug to clean up after all.
yea i know all about the blocker effect. its unfortunate. but i really can't take anything less than what i'm perscribed without getting fucking ill.

I usually wouldn't derail a thread, but just the title of this thread is dumb and makes me not really care about the direction it takes. (Don't snort methadone.) So on another note...

This whole plugging thing.....

Snorting and shooting dope is/can be very social in the right setting.

But plugging? Like plugging with a buddy or two, and then everyone lays around on their sides with silent awkwardness, the only noise is bubbling stomachs... Just sounds weird.

-Or just the initial awkwardness of copping w/ someone and then saying to whoever you copped with, "Uh, you want to plug this?"

I completely understand the bioavailability reasons for plugging and I am really just scared to try it for fear it would hurt or make me feel physically uncomfortable. Like, I am willing to miss out on the benefits of plugging and just stick to snorting/shooting/popping/eating my drugs.

However, I mean no disrespect and I actually admire those brave enough to go through with the whole plugging roa. just not for me.

I've snorted Methadone before and it does burn like hell! I did seem to catch a buzz tho. I now just let them melt under my tongue.

it dosent burn that bad bro dam u all make it seem like battery acid lol

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure that the BA of methadone oral is very high anyway. No point in even snorting them...doubt you'd feel much of a difference.

Can you even plug the liquid? Would it be any different than eating it?

I had been snorting the pills for a long time and the burning didn't bother me any, looking back it might have weakened the done but it seemed to take just as long for the WD to set in so I don't think it shortened the effect but I could be wrong I suppose.

I don't seem to get the same feeling off the cherry liquid as I did with the pills before, just am not sick and sometimes I nod. I never used to get tired at all when snorting the pills and got a little high.

ok so I have 5mg of methadone, and I have been eating 2 5/100 Vic's everyother day. (Havent had any since Thursday) and I was wondering if the 5mg will do anything? (as long as I dont drink Alchohol.)

snorting methadone

Wish I would have read these before trying it. I was in a really bad way and couldn't wait so i tried the snort. It had been 20 years since anything went up this nose. WOW! burned like fire and after blowing my faucet like nose for 5 minutes, I'm pretty sure nothing happened any faster. I will NOT do that again. EVER! Do yourself a favor and just swallow them.

I snorted 5mg's (half a 10) of Methadone last night and it BURNED, then I woke up this morning and my nose is totally plugged. What is the common/best way to take this stuff? Deal with the nose problems?

fuck all that i take 140mgs well clinically! If you are on heroin and dont want to be a user anymore get ur ass on methadone it saves lives if you really need it. See it doesnt get me high it just keeps me well and keeps my cravings down. I been on methadone for 3 yrs now and havent touched an illicit drg sine so its been working, and my life has ben better all around. I go to group 3 days a week 3 hrs a day which is awesome. You should not be abusing methadone n that fashion at all especially if you are not opiate tolerable. U must have an imunity to these herdcore opiate pain meds to even enjoy sad to say. Wha I'm saying is If you gona get high NO YOUR LIMITS AND DON'T ACT A FOOL. My buddy burnt his house down from noddiong out with a smike in his hand. So the shits no joke. Here in New Jersey methadone clinics are fairly harsh because u must have a scriptof anything from thr Doc before u can mix it with methadone, I Take zoloft, klonopin, and methadone ans stay going to group 3 x a week helps too. The real addicts know what I'm saying! But too all you young guns becareful and be smart. My budys been going to group for 15yrs and it saved his life while taking methadone. Its not ashame to be on a medication that effects your cause, if it works why fix it seriously. and dont listen to all the bull shit myths about methadone they are all false, I'm on my way on being a couselor myself, even pregnant women can use it safely causes no illnesses, doesn't effect the bone marrow doesnt effect ur teeth or gums thats all bs, lack of hygeine from living that life style u neglect ur teeth and hygeine! Get help stop suffering ppl you will reallly be hppy its the best thing u can do! Good Luck

i've snorted methadone before and it does burn like hell! I did seem to catch a buzz tho. I now just let them melt under my tongue.

orally is the only way i been going to a clinc for 3 yrs now and take 140mgs orally is the only way even tabs orally is better!=d

it dosent burn that bad bro dam u all make it seem like battery acid lol

METHADONE ISN'T MEANT TO BE SNIORTED CHEMICALLY IT HAS BY-PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN PETROLEUM SOLIDS AND CELLULOSE SOLIDS WHICH BIND THE PILL INTO WHAT IT IS. ORALLY IS THE SAFEST AND THE WAY ITS GOING TO WORK THE MOST EFFICIENT, THATS HOW THEY WERE FORMULSTED SO THATS THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE CONSUMED. PILLS LIKE OXYCONTIN AND OXYMORPHONE DONT HAVE THOSE BYPRODUCTS IN THEM ONCE YOU TAKE AWAY THE OUTER PROTECTION IT'S ALL DRUG, NO BY-PRODUCT PROBABLY A LIL CELULOSE TO CUT THE RAW INGREDIENT. METHADONE IS A MAN MADE OPIATE, IT'S NOT MADE FROM REAL OPIUM FROM AFGHANISTAN IT'S A SYTHESIZED VERSION CREATED IN A LAB TO SIMULATE THE EXACT EFFECYS AS HEROIN OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARD OPIATE. DON;T GET ME WRONG IT IS AN OPIATE JUST SYNTHESIZED THEY DUPLICATE THE CHEMICALS FROM OPIUM IN A LAB SO IT TECHNICALLY IS. METHADONE IS KNOWN TO BE ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL NARCOTIC TODAY OTHER THEN FENTNYL OR HYDROMORPHONE ETC.. SO WHEN YOU CONSUME METHADONE YOUR NOT CONTRUBUTING TO AFGHANISTANS DRUG TRADE. METHADONE IS MADE HERE LOL.8o8o

agree 100%, Methadone is a terrible drug, it royally threw my body into a loop,...insomnia, no good sensation at all. This synthetic replacement for H users and other drugs actually blocks the pleasure neurotransmitters so any other drug you take with it is blocked. Alcohol will make you puke too, even afetr 1 drink. Ask your doc for Dilaudid or Oxycodone, and if you have pain issues Fentnyl works very well.

methadone isn't meant to be sniorted chemically it has by-products that contain petroleum solids and cellulose solids which bind the pill into what it is. Orally is the safest and the way its going to work the most efficient, thats how they were formulsted so thats the way they should be consumed. Pills like oxycontin and oxymorphone dont have those byproducts in them once you take away the outer protection it's all drug, no by-product probably a lil celulose to cut the raw ingredient. Methadone is a man made opiate, it's not made from real opium from afghanistan it's a sythesized version created in a lab to simulate the exact effecys as heroin or any other type of hard opiate. Don;t get me wrong it is an opiate just synthesized they duplicate the chemicals from opium in a lab so it technically is. Methadone is known to be one of the most powerful narcotic today other then fentnyl or hydromorphone etc.. So when you consume methadone your not contrubuting to afghanistans drug trade. Methadone is made here lol.8o8o

right on jerry..your a poet & dont no it 8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o

Thanks for the info. I wondered about snorting. Guess I won't.
It does however suck to try and quit Methadone once your hooked. The withdrawal symptoms are worse than Heroin. I am still trying. I have taken 100mg at once. Not smart, but I wanted to see if I would OD. I did not. Not sure why. I was however quite high for about 36 hours. No sleep, just a lot of coffee.

the more i read up on this the more afraid i am of what is around the corner for me.... not for snorting... but I am gathering up as much as I can about WD from methadone maintenance.

I may have to get off it quick due to something that happened in my life recently and I'm scared shitless. I am so fucking afraid of this since I was not planning on getting off until way later like the program had planned for me (with my ideas too, my plan was to be on for a while and then when ready take a year or so to get off). Now I'm being rushed and can't emphasize how scared I am. I cannot do this right now in my life... I am not ready and do not have money to let alone afford the 65 dollars a week so other opiates are out of the question... since they are more expensive. This is tearing me apart knowing 3 months ago I should have just knocked the heroin and dealt with my dependency at that time, now I'm in a world of struggle... or about to be. OMG what have I gotten myself into.? It's time for me to go to the dark side I think and discuss what happened this week to trigger the upcoming chain of events. Sorry to sound so dramatic I just am so afraid of the cold turkey of this shit.

This has nothing to do with snorting it or the OP but it gave me a little more insight.... im reading every thread I can. its making me have a headache stressin about it like this. I know calm down but that is just not going to happen, this time of the year with all that happened this week. holy fuckin shit I would give anything to get off of it painlessly.... it has helped me so much and I can't say that enough I'm not ready to get off.

I will usually take my methadone doses orally (65% of the time), but I rather enjoy doing intranasally. I tried it after reading all the negative reviews months and months ago, and noticed the typical annoying irritation of the roxanne methadone tablets like everyone else. However, I did notice a some differences in onset. My nose isn't in the best condition after years of snorting various substances I will say, with ketamine imo being one of the likely suspects to have caused the most damage to it, but speculation (not hating on k, it just seems to cause more bleeding, discomfort than other substances). So because of trying to maximize the amount of the drug actually being able to be absorbed, I tried a CWE in a 5-mL oral syringe, then transfered the solution with as little of the solids into a 50-ml erlenmeyer flask. I then used a 1-mL oral syringe for nasal administration trying to pull up as little solids . I squirt .10-.20 mL of solution into each of my nasal passages every couple mins (till they feel primarily dry), and repeat. I usually nasally dose when I have very few methadone and need trying to avoid WDs, or after I've taken oral doses for a higher dose of methadone. With this method I find that the methadone starts to effect me around 3-5 mins after getting atleast 25% of the solution (10mg total solution for example) absorbed. I will reach the peak probably around 30mins, but potentially could be alot less if I would snort it faster (I get distracted) - the tmax in the study I post below have results of 0.12h (+/-0.07-0.177). The BA from my experience seems as high, if not higher than oral at times (sometimes oral can very, juts like studies show). I also found it's primary high effect to last maybe 2 hours shorter than orally, but it's pretty much the same.

I just recently decided to create a little filter apparatus to transfer the solution of methadone into the flask with a lot less solid material and noticed an increase in the speed of the come up, as well as a lot less irritation. It was no worse than snorting powdered k, once the solution is filtered through the bit of coffee filter and cotton ball. Also using a 1-mL syringe it a must. You want to only snort .10-.20 mL max if you want majority of it to be absorbed orally.

Heres a study supporting all of this nasal administration being similar to intravenously (a good alternative to IV), and no negative aspects against oral consumption. The only problem would be if you are trying to consume large quantities of methadone. Since the tablets only come in 5 and 10mg, there is a lot of binder and filler. I have roxanne 5mg tablets and for 10mg, I'll use around 2mL. In the study below they have 50mg/mL, so you could reduce it and ingest large amounts in a relatively short period of time.

http://paincenter.wustl.edu/c/BasicResearch/documents/ClinPharm2002.pdf
Objective: Nasal administration of many opioids demonstrates rapid uptake and fast onset of action. Nasal
administration may be an alternative to intravenous and oral administration of methadone and was therefore
studied in human volunteers.
Methods: The study was approved by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Washington, Seattle.
Eight healthy volunteers (6 men and 2 women) aged 19 to 33 years were enrolled after informed written
consent was obtained. Subjects received 10 mg methadone hydrochloride nasally, orally, or intravenously on
3 separate occasions in a crossover design. Nasal methadone (50 mg/mL in aqueous solution) was given as a
100-L spray in each nostril (Pfeiffer BiDose sprayer). Blood samples for liquid chromatography-mass
spectrometry analyses of methadone and the metabolite 2-ethyl-1,5-dimethyl-3,3-diphenylpyrrolinium were
drawn for up to 96 hours. The methadone effect was measured by noninvasive infrared pupilometry coincident
with blood sampling.
Results: Nasal uptake of methadone was rapid, with maximum plasma concentrations occurring within 7
minutes. The maximum effects of intravenous, nasal, and oral methadone, on the basis of dark-adapted pupil
diameter, were reached in about 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 2 hours, respectively. The respective durations
were 24, 10, and 8 hours. Both nasal and oral bioavailabilities were 0.85. Subjects reported that nasal
methadone caused a burning sensation.
Conclusions: Nasal administration of methadone results in rapid absorption and onset of effect and high
bioavailability, which was greater than that reported for other nasal opioids, with a similar duration of effect.
Nasal administration may be an alternative route of methadone administration; however, improved formulations
are desirable to reduce nasal irritation. (Clin Pharmacol Ther 2002;72:536-45.)

So if this study is correct, I might dose my 5mg QID using this method. Or at least for my last dose before bed. It honestly gives me as good of a rush as oxycodone insufflated, but it comes down to a steady concentration in 20-40mins, so i can honestly say it does give a rush.

Give it a try, especially if you have a micron filter or even make a ghetto one. There is not much of a burn to notice, just a little tingling that disappears in less than a min.