• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

feeling quite allured to TMA-6 as of late. an amphetamine trip... shulgin says he rather enjoyed it but some say it's not worth it...

"Here is a simple and easily made compound that might well bid fair to be one of the most rewarding and pleasurable of the methoxylated amphetamines."

anyone have any recent experience with tma-2?

ive seen it readily available on several vendor lists lately...i expect to see some TR popping up in the near future. ive been having some in my collection for quite some time, but have yet to try it. the few TR available that i have read are def. of mixed feelings.. i also have several friends who have tried it and there is a lot of variance in opinion..

some seem to really enjoy it, i have one friend who loved it. a couple i know however tried some and said although it started out as a lot of fun, that it developed into a frightening and unenjoyable experience. makes me hesitant to try it.

^^^^^^

No, it would be called psi-2C-E. Shulgin calls the 2Cs with the 2,4,6 pattern the "psi" series. The 2C has nothing to do with the position of the substitutions, but rather the fact that the molecule has two carbons at the alpha-position. 2C-B is the "two carbon version " of DOB. 2C-E is the "two carbon version " of DOET. 3C-P is the "three carbon version" of P, or proscaline. 3C-E is the "three carbon version" of Escaline. And so on. Nothing to do with the numbering of the substitutions in the benzene ring.

Just a thought, but couldn´t TMA-6 be called Psi-TMA then :)

TMA-2...I only have tried it once at 40mg+15 mg booster a few hours in.

I would say it was really mild and gentle. The only negative side effects were a headache but my companion felt overly stomach-conscious most of the trip. I say it's worth a go but be on the look-out for the headache so you can take something for it right away before it intensifies. This was definitely not a party drug for me, the focus was on chilling quietly, relaxing and feeling pretty darn good. I will definitely do it again at a higher dose. The physical body load is a bit heavy though so I'd recommend trying it out at lower doses until you know how it effects you. Responses with this one seem to vary widely among people so best to be conservative to start.

I'm interested in any info people have to offer on TMA-1, TMA-2 and TMA-6 all of which I expect to encounter soon enough.

Does the body-load remind of a DOX compound? The chilling quietly and feeling very good reminds me of descriptions of proscaline by the way. But that one is probably more gentle.

I've only tried synthetic mescaline myself and none of the analogues but I thought it had a perfect quality to it even though there were virtually no visuals or other similar distortion-like psychedelia effects. More like an MDMA category thing IMO but more therapeutic and less recreational.

I've only tried synthetic mescaline myself and none of the analogues but I thought it had a perfect quality to it even though there were virtually no visuals or other similar distortion-like psychedelia effects. More like an MDMA category thing IMO but more therapeutic and less recreational.

I've never tried synthetic mescaline but of my cactus extract experiences I found mescaline to be VERY much like MDMA but deeper and less stimulatory. I found mescaline to be the most "entactogenic" psychedelic I've ever tried; very therapeutic.

I've been curious about TMA-2 for a while. It's one of those that seems to have been produced and explored in the 60s (and well liked) but has been completely obscure ever since.

TMA-2 was nothing like DOC, which I found to be over-stimulating and painfully vasoconstricting. I took DOC once and really didn't like it, the psychedelic effects were minimal and the body load was the worst I have ever encountered on any drug. I had to keep taking warm baths because I felt so physically terrible.

I have done synthetic mescaline sulfate at 500mg before and TMA-2 wasn't exactly like that either, it wasn't as good imo. TMA-2 had entactogenic qualities, was fairly warm and relaxed, not at all pushy but it lacked the depth and sparkle that I found with mescaline.

I would put mescaline in my list of top 10 favorite psychedelics but definitely not TMA-2. Not that it's bad, but there's a lot of compounds I like better. I will probably try TMA-6 at some point though.

TMA-2 was nothing like DOC, which I found to be over-stimulating and painfully vasoconstricting. I took DOC once and really didn't like it, the psychedelic effects were minimal and the body load was the worst I have ever encountered on any drug. I had to keep taking warm baths because I felt so physically terrible.

The exact reason I never explored it further, other than the 24 hour duration that sorta wears you out and makes your sleep cycle go off a little. I took 2mg and the body load was by far the most intense I have ever experienced. After I took a little diazepam and the peak started to wane after 8 hours it felt sorta nice but the actual come-up/peak was horrendous body load, just felt awful, as you described.

Anybody tried TMA-1? At the moment I had the oportunity to try TMA-2 .
Can anyone describe differences between this two compounds?
TMA-2 I tried only once , any 35 mg ( next time I am going to try 60mg )
One of the most interesting psychedelic with which I worked , very clear thinking typical for mescaline , nice colours , the music sounds very beautifully ( my first time with this psychedelic was on Ozora festival so I did not pay attention on other things than given above . The only negative thing as for me was bodyload very similar to other amphetamines compounds ( severe nausea and feeling of light flue ) Next time I wanna try 220 mg TMA-1 so I am wonder how what are the differences between TMA-1 and TMA-2 , TMA-6 sounds quite good but at the moment I havent time on tests.

Last edited:
I've tried TMA, lots of times, up to just under 200mg, mostly around 180mg. I found it pretty similar to descriptions of mescaline (I've only tried that once, at about 200mg as the HCl salt, so it was a bit weak, but did feel very similar) and like PepperSocks and Solipsis said, it feels similar to MDMA in some ways. It's definitely tripping though, and a little weed helps bring that out if you feel it's lacking a bit.

The higher homologs (3C-E, 3C-AL) were just as good, IMO, and start getting pretty potent.

I'm on my way to having some TMA-2 in hand - kind of a spur of the moment type of thing when I went to cop some 2C-B. It seems to have been popping up more and more lately in various places - black market and grey. Expect a trip report... eventually.

anyone try tma-6 in combination with anything else?from the limited reports it seems rather uninteresting on its own.

TMA6 is not uninteresting. It has nice richly psychedelic visual effects accompanied by pleasant bodily stimulation. It registers somewhere between 2cX and DOX physically. I slept reasonably after about 9 hours (and no small quantity of joints...).
I found it very agreeable at the two doses I tried (40 and 50mg). I did some hard guitar practising, very methodically - I could observe my mind laying down new connections through the way that my fingers became better at a new problem or riff. At another time, I fixed a vintage record player I'd got on eBay and felt some deep satisfaction when setting the new needle down on some old vinyl.
I vaped 50mg of DMT at two hours during the latter trip. TMA6 takes around an hour to reach it's peak phase, and the following plateau was the moment I chose to blast off. The usual bells and whistles fired off and I was in the zone again. I felt like I had longer in there but it's hard to tell with so many possible variables (how long did I hold it, how much did I get, etc).
TMA6 has a nice psychedelic euphoria which reminded me of 2ct7 a little. It was a nice positive frame of mind in which to vape DMT. It is my favorite recently tried material. It interested me that it was Pikahl listed, but had not seen much discussion.
Peace - Pipp

i thought TMA-2 was pretty crap. Worst body load of any drug i've taken but some of my friends have gotten good effects from it. i've had a little bit of TMA-6 laying around that i have yet to try, i have pretty decents hopes that i'll have a better time this time.

I just tried TMA-2 for the first time, at 30mg.

To me, in a nutshell, it felt kind of like mescaline that never really kicked off. The head space was somewhat similar, but lacked the marked "de-filtering" of experience that always characterized mescaline's effects for me. The visual changes were, as has been discussed elsewhere, not as significant relative to it's head change as I've had with mescaline or the 2Cs. The visuals were like a more subdued mescaline. There was a very small bit of visual movement if I looked for it at the peak of the experience, around two or three hours, and colors and shapes seemed to pop, but I wasn't really impressed by the visual aspect of this drug. There was very little euphoria, and the emotional side of the trip was fairly subdued, but that may have just been the setting I chose for the trip.

The body load was very significant. On the 2C phenylethylamines I've taken, there's a kind of inner tension, vasoconstriction and elevated heart rate that characterises the come-up, but which melts away as the trip really begins around the second hour. This stuff had a similar effect, except it never melted away. My heart rate was elevated for the entire ~9 main body of the trip, and both me and one of my trip partners noticed soreness in our joints as we were coming down. It increased mucous production for a couple of us as well, and I felt like I had a wad of snot in the back of my throat for most of the experience. I experienced mild bruxism, nothing too bad.

If I were to take it again, I might almost like to increase the dose a bit, to maybe 40mg, but I'm hesitant to do so because the body load was so uncomfortable on the dose I took. All things considered, I probably would not take this drug again. It's neat to have been given the chance to try it, if for nothing more than its historical significance in the structure elucidation process of the 5HT2A receptor, but honestly I think I now see now that this drug is really kind of ... obsolete. I would take any 2C drug over this. Life is too short for me to waste it on further TMA-2 trials :p

I just tried TMA-6 2 times at 40 mg. I don't understand what people are on about. I didn't get any "amphetamine style rushes", and I found no similarities to MDMA, or 2C-I, what so ever. it's definitely not stimulating at all.
Actually it reminded me a lot of drops, liquid LSD. Headspace is different though, I felt more "stupid" or drunk almost, but I found that relieving in a psychedelic. Not too much thinking going on ;)
I felt very happy, and it kind of made me appreciate good things more, in a way.

Colors reminded me a bit of mescaline though. It's not too strong visually, but with higher doses I'm sure it can get so.

I'm convinced erotic is good on this one, so that road will most certainly be explored in the future.

it's very recreational, perfect for an out-door trance party. I see why people get disappointed though, if they are looking for the big epiphany.

it's by no means as spectacular as say Mescaline, DOM or others up that ally. But still I think it's worthwhile. I most certainly will be doing it again.

Last edited:
i was actually thinking about trying some TMA-6 in the not too distant future, the 50mg report in PiHKAL being the main inspiration for it. Would you guys say that's a fair representation?

Last edited:
I tried TMA-2 ( 3 times from 30 to 50 mg ) 1 once TMA ( 200 mg ) 2 times TMA-6 30 mg and 55 mg .
TMA-2 is certainly the most psychedelic as for me quite similar to mescaline in high dose . TMA did not impress me but maybe when I will take 250-300 mg maybe I change my opinion. Relatively TMA-6 as for me quite similar to TMA-2 but more pleasant , very natural influence on perception and more mescaline thinkig than TMA-2 , music wonderful and excellent CEV's . Duration is perfect not too long , not too short , any 15 h peak 6h. TMA-6 also characterized by the lightest influence of body , TMA-2 was the worst ( typical amphetamines flu-like effects on bodyload ) , TMA-1 neutral .

Last edited:
so tma-6 is around 15h with a peak of 6h? psykap, i think people would love a trip report if possible.... or at least a bit more detail because you give 30-55 doses, i presume ora, but i also think the experiences would be quite different... no?

Maybe it last litte less than 6 h I dont remember because It was any time ago but definetly I dont receommend the doses like 30 mg because they are very weak for almost my friend and me . I took 30 mg first time on psytrance event and it was bad idea , nothing stimulation , mainly sedative effects and warm colours , trouble with sleep 8 h later . 55 mg : this dose caused good +++ but this time I took it in nature , very strong euphoria combined with typical mescaline clear thinking and introspective . Very spectacular CEV's but little more OEV's . I forgot that I also tried combo TMA-2 ( 40 mg and 30 mg TMA-6 ) but I got the impression that TMA-2 covered effects TMA-6 that I dont felt him but colours was very magnificent. Maybe next time should I increase dose of TMA-6 to 50 mg and reduce dose of TMA-2 to 30-35 mg.

Last edited: