• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

Bumping an old thread

How do TMA-2 and TMA-6 compare to mescaline, for those that have tried both?

TMA-6 is 50-50 i reckon. 1 thumb up, 1 thumb down. ie a washout. hesitant to approach any dose over 10mg due to physical concerns as runup doses leading to that certainly were active.

I am going to ingest some TMA-2 very soon (like, in 5 minutes!) and may be able to report back later.

I have had one low-dose trial (16mg) with this material before, approx. 2.5 years ago, pretty introspective and in my bedroom.

I feel it's been doing fridge-time for long enough now and I am going to ingest 40mg. Reports on this substance have overall been quite mixed, and I have since had the chance to try San Pedro, whose active ingredient is mainly mescalin,which TMA-2 is often compared to. I'm gonna go for a walk in the forest on this Indian Summer day, catch some sunrays... since I found mescaline in the forest to be exquisite.

laterz

You lucky dog, you! I was never able to locate any of the TMA series.

Also lucky you that today is nice where you live... usually where I am it's pretty decent here, but today it's 45 degrees, and it just so happens that my temperature control lever in my car broke today in the "cold" position. And I forgot to wear a jacket. Damn.

Also, I changed the name of this thread so that it's Big and Dandy.

Forest was nice. 19 deg C here today (66 deg F), cloudy/sunny mix. Nice material, TMA-2. Baseline friend dropped by at T+1 before we went out. Immediately picked up on my alertness/speediness. Had some warped quality laughs along our walk (him baseline, knowing I'm tripping on something or other) and I found this to be very refreshing.... totally off my kilter and connecting with a baseline guy :) he treated me to a lottery ticket (which I never play, he plays weekly) and we thought about what it would be like to actually win 80 million euros... well, insightful it's been, and good fun. Thinking of Bill Gates, Michael Schumacher, Richard Branson, charity, research, and the nature of power. When you know that what you can do really can change something. Because you have so much money you have so much power. That is a lot of responsibility. Would I even want to win ? I'd probably take the money and then really be at a loss and first and foremost not make any rash decisions and keep on living my life, keeping my job and my friends and wonder whether to tell everyone I am that filthy rich.... yeah, play the game and if you win, be careful, cos everyone else keeps playing but you're no longer in it. The question becomes: how much can I give? how can I help? Where are the limits? Who will be my friend unconditionally? What do I do? Would I take the money? It's a lot of money... - - - Of course, we didn't win.

The usual humorous restlessness that I have become so familiar with on phenethylamines. To take socially, this was absolutely a winner. I remember a rather darkish introspective trip on this substance when I first tried it at a third of today's 40mg... well, it seems this material is rather neutral in nature and can easily go either way. Today, for me, not a trace of the anger/bitterness that has been reported with this substance on occasion.

Good illustrator of the wheel of life... brings home the lesson that we're all part of the same thing in a way not thatdifferent from mescaline, though san pedro's visuals and overall tension are a tad more overwhelming and colourful, organic, vibrant.

A bit speedy, slightly unclean body feel but allowing for body pleasure, too. Hard to describe really, but reminiscent of san pedro in many ways except it kinda feels more pharmaceutical amphetaminey.

Shame it got banned over here and won't be available any more, really. I should really overcome the suspicions I have for the dose of TMA-6 someone gently offered me one day and which I have also kept for a rainy, or perhaps a sunny, day.

A solid ++ for many hours (I think I am still there), bordering onto the +++ at vague moments but lots of cognition / verbalisation. My friend tested my memory skills... did I remember the lottery numbers I had picked 3 hours earlier .... I did, all of them :)

Sometimes I wonder what a ++++ really is. I feel like I go in and out of it, it's always there and it's just up to me to be still and tune in. If it wasn't for my restlessness - which this material certainly encourages, though in an enjoyable way - I'd be able to really go there. I don't even know if a ++++ is equivalent to ego loss any more. I think it just might not be. And sometimes I think ego loss really need not be dramatic. Really just depends on the state of mind when it does seem to be an option. Or maybe that is an illusion and I simply hadn't taken enough :)

Last edited:
T+10 almost and I have spent the second half of my trip alone, much of it reading BL and feeling a lot of empathy for people in general. Almost as if I had taken methylone but I haven't. TMA-2 definitely has potential as an empathogen.

Physically, a mild headache is beginning to build, most likely due to poor posture while sitting here for to long now and soem dehydration. Will do something about that now and cross fingers there will be no hangover tomorrow.

Only other drugs taken on this trip: cannabis and nicotine. My coping combo for, er, everything. Bloody demons ;)

I had the opportunity to try the TMA-6 for the second time. Since there is not a lot of info available about it, I though that a contribution could be useful for some.

The first time was about a year ago with 35mg, oral. This experience left me unimpressed by this material. Since I have not much of this substance but still want to experience a stronger effect, I decide myself for a rectal administration of ~27.5mg (diluted in 10ml of warm water).

This dose was administered at 07:00 PM (T+0:00) with 3mg, nasal at T-0:45'. The last meal was from 01:00 PM.

The alert (placebo ?) was felt pretty quickly (T+0:10-0:15) but the real come-up began strongly at T+50'. I felt that something strong was invading me while my mind was left pretty unchanged. I got the same feeling in my mouth and in my belly I get when I'm coming up on other psychedelic phenethylamines, not nauseous but still a bit disturbed. During this phase, I felt pretty febrile, my legs trembling a bit.

At T+1:25, It seems to me that the biggest part of the come-up was done but until T+5:00 I felt like the effect were developing. Time was passing pretty slowly until this moment and a contrario it was the opposite after this. I spend the night on a place in town with friends. I never got paranoid or feel assaulted by the environment or people. The effects were really enjoyable, providing a good body comfort à la 2C-B/MDMA with less amphetaminic sensations than MDMA. Also, there wasn't excessive emphatic feelings or urge to talk but nonetheless a real satisfaction to be there. The psychedelic component was not strong but still undoubtedly present. I'd enjoy to talk profoundly about trippy subjects grasping and be fascinated by the mystery of Life but still be there on this place with my friends. My friends told me that they'd hardly notice that I was under influence. Visually, things weren't moving but I did see beautiful and strange faces in the paving. My visions was beautifully enhanced, the lights and the colours were really appreciated. A strong ++.

By T+9:00, I go to bed after a join with some salvia that really surprised me (I got one of the strongest crazy laughing of my life) and fall asleep with ease. There was no come-down to speak of.

The next day, I was fine (minus the hangover I got from the alcohol) but pretty tired.

All in all, I'd take this substance again without hesitation at the same dosage, maybe a bit more (e.g 30mg rectal) if I plan to spend the experience alone in my apartment. But this place with friends was a really nice context. At this dose, it's not strongly psychedelic but in no way frustrating (I would not push this really higher than 30mg rectal, since the come-up was already pretty strong). I don't feel like this substance has to be a strong psychedelic.

I could add that this was the first time I tried the rectal administration and was very satisfied by the results (I really appreciated the rapid come-up (even if it was not pleasant per se), the shortened duration and especially the globally stronger character of the experience), will do it again. The only thing that bothered me a bit was that I had the impression that some of the solution was escaping. But I couldn't tell if it was the lubricant I used or the solution. Since I got strong effects, I guess it was the lubricant.

Voilà :)

Last edited:
Nice report! The 2,4,6 substituted phens/amphs are really interesting from a SAR standpoint. By chance have you tried TMA-2? I'd love to hear some comparisons/contrasts between the two. Thanks for the report!

fastandbulbous said:
After all the different opinions about TMA-2, I'm really curious as to what the effects of the MMDA with the same ring substitution pattern (MMDA-2). Years ago, while I was at uni, I found a book called "The Healing Journey" by Claudio Naranjo and it has one chapter dedicated to MMDA. The description of the effects really stuck in my mind, as he referred to the state produced with metaphors such as "a raindrop merging with the ocean". The bit about brain movies in PIHKAL seemed interesting too. The comments on MMDA-2 didn't seem as positive as MMDA, but as people have discovered, Shulgins reports don't always tally with the bulk of other peoples reports (2C-D is a good example).
dude that book was so fucking good and it also made me extremely interested in MMDA. I remember that raindrop ocean passage as well <3

I can't wait to try MMDA because of that feeling I get thinking about the experience based on those stories of therapy in that book.

Call me overly cautious, but I think I'd pass on TMA-2 even if they were giving it away free in the street. It has too much in common with a known highly neurotoxic compound, namely 2,4,5-trihydroxyphenethylamine, which does a number on catecholaminergic neurones (dopamine & noradrenaline). I know it's trimethoxy, not trihydroxy, but there's an enxyme in te brain that normally deals with catecholamine metabolism by O-methylating the neurotransmitters (called funnily enough catecholamine O-methyl transferase aka COMT), but is equally capable of doing the reverse and O-demethylating them. Even if it only did this to 1 in every 1000 molecules, when you consider the damage the trihydroxyPEA does is irreversible, it would be a cumulative thing and while I may occasionally abuse my neurones, I do love them as well and care about them such that I'm not willing to take the chance.

Once upon a time when I was younger & had more brain cells I might have chanced it, but at my age, after best part of 3 decades of giving my brain a hard time (to paraphrase a Monty Python song), every little brain cell is sacred.

Equally, I'll just have to imagine the effects of MMDA-2 as well because it shares the same substituion patter and could be metabolized to a 2,4,5-trihydroxyphenethylamine derivative.

PS Just in case you're wondering, MDMA & MDA are off the menu for me as well now

interesting thoughts thanks for sharing that with us (seriously, your caution is best adopted I think).

^^^
i 3rd loving that book, naranjo sounds like quite a charector from what shulgin says in pihkal. i havent read anything besides the healing journey, but i love these sessions they fill me with envy when i think about all the time and money ive spent with my psychiatrist:p

Any recent explorations with the TMA series.

TMA-2?

TMA-6?

Anyone?

Or were the effects found to be too variable from person to person to be sought after these days?

If I could find it I would definitely explore it. TMA-2 has been a long-standing interest of mine.

recently got hold of some tma2, but im being cautious as i havent seen many trip reports recently (or ever for that matter). it seems to be lacking visually but interesting on the mind and body. would this make it party material? i wonder...

^Its available to me too, so let us know how it goes.

F&B's concerns are a bit worrying, but I think I will have to give it a try at some point.

Has anyone IM'd TMA-2 yet? I tend to get nausea from oral psychedelic phens in general, so, as to avoid negative initial impressions, my first time will probably be RA or IM.

Of course F&B knows what he is talking about but aren't there enough drugs out there like mescaline and many 2C-X that would produce similarly nasty compounds when O-demethylated at certain places? What about 4-methoxy-3,5-hydroxyphenethylamine from mescaline?

And 1 in 1000 molecules sounds optimistic, furthermore you have do that ^3 because there are 3 methoxy groups that would have to be cleaved. And I can also imagine those enzymes are less likely to cleave off other methoxy groups if there are already hydroxygroups hanging off the thing.

It's good not to take chances and anyone who wants to avoid TMA-2 is free and welcome to do that, but at this moment I feel like it would be a huge leap in reverse metabolism.

Would the alpha-methyl group make the tridemethylated TMA-2 more or less harmful than oxidopamine itself?

All I am saying is that I would like to know more about it and also how the toxicity levels compare to TMA-2 doses. Until we know these things I agree with your caution and thanks for sharing it with us.

Last edited: