• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Morals [regarding cannabis use]

SlayerFairy

Bluelighter
I have been a smoker for quite some time now and marijuana is the only "drug" that I don't feel guilty about taking. I haven't done any other chemical drugs in years but my herb, I just can't let go.

My friend who is an ex-Jehovah's Witness told me that I should feel guilty about smoking because it is a drug. I agree that it is a drug-mind altering substance, but should I really feel guilty about this? I'm very spiritual and close to God but I haven't read any where in the bible that says anything about pot. Do you guys feel guilty? What are your moral views on this?

[topic ammended --fr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Slayer Fairy,

Religious/Moral issue type questions usually belong in Thought and Awareness, but i'll let this one stay here for a bit to see what kind of response it gets. Once traffic slows down i'll shoot it over to T&A. However, I like to keep Cannabis Discussion drama free so if this gets turned into a religious debate i'll send to it over to T&A too.

Welcome to bluelight. :)

fr

I don't want to offend anyone but....

What the hell does God have to do with me or anyone else smoking herb?

My belief: God gave me this precious thing called "life" Now it is my job to see what I can do with it. I have free will to do what I want and if I smoke pot or not God is happy with me and doesn't give a shit what I inhale.

When did God ever send a message or jesus ever say don't do drugs? I don't believe it ever happened. Some people are just taking these holy figures and making up their own beliefs and morals and attaching them to each other.

Jesus drank wine.... that's a drug....pppssssshhhhhh

I have taken 4 years of theology and any church goer who tells you don't smoke pot god doesn't like it, or whatever the hell they have to say is so full of shit it makes me sick

any discontentment i have with weed isn't really because of moral issues but more ethical. sometimes after i come down i just think what my mom would do if she found out... my lack of moral care may be due to my dieing christianity(if its not yet dead) ... regardless its nothing another bowl cant fix.

God put it there for a reason.

Those that serve to ban naturally occuring and mind-opening substances like DMT, cannabis, mescaline, psilocin, etc are the ones who should be feeling guilty, if indeed they claim to praise the work of God.

To have smoked cannabis or eaten mushrooms, and then to say "I don't think humans were ever intended to experience this", is absolutely absurd.

People who crusade against mind-altering substances are some of the worst prejudicial stereotypers the world has known.

I also don't feel guitly about taking man-made drugs ;)

^ was that proven (bananeter)? i remember reading about it along time ago...

i've come to find out that no one in this world can dictate what is right or wrong for me. so if you like cannabis, it feels natural, and you have an appreciation for it that grows with time, the only thing that makes it wrong is other people telling you, but you'll never feel that anyway.

there's nothing anti-religious about smoking weed, if anything it's pro-religion.

When I think abou tthe morals and ethics behind my weed smoking I look at it like this...

Weed is a daily thing... I put it on the same list as food, coffee, going to work, brushing my teeth, etc... it's a part of my routine. Now, obviously, I have o be responsible for all the various parts of my routine, so if one part, (could be the getting high part) starts to overtake the rest, then I have to put htings back into perspective...

but you could also look at it like this....

what if my job is the part taking over? If I work 100 hours a week, am I being responsible, or irresponsible?

Bananeter said:
It is proved that Jesus used cannabis oil..

actually it hasnt been proven.. it is one person's theory, and it'd doubious at best.

I really don't feel guilty about smoking it at all. I still function well, I still commit some time to God and I think that he put it on this planet for a reason as well. Just like other plants have "healing" purposes marijuana has a purpose. If this were false, then would it be immoral to invent all the medicines of today to help heal, cure and prevent? Man, I need a bowl! :)

I've never read the Bible but I don't think in Moses' letter to the Corinthians it said anything about not smoking weed.
Nor in the rest of it. Period.

SlayerFairy said:
My friend who is an ex-Jehovah's Witness told me that I should feel guilty about smoking because it is a drug. I agree that it is a drug-mind altering substance, but should I really feel guilty about this? I'm very spiritual and close to God but I haven't read any where in the bible that says anything about pot. Do you guys feel guilty? What are your moral views on this?

Your friend would also say that caffeine is a drug too and shouldnt be used. Jesus drank wine.. given different circumstances i bet he could have eaten cannabis and it could be just as important to many the christian sects as alcohol is today :)

You shouldn't feel guility about smoking weed, even if it was put there by God accidently....

It's nature. How do you make nature against the fucking law? It grows everywhere. Serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive. To make marijuana against the law is like saying to God made a mistake. You know what I mean, it's like God on the seventh day looked down on his creation:

"There it is, my creation, perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest."

[Mimes God looking around - spotting pot]

"Oh my me."
"I left fucking pot everywhere."
"I should never have smoked that joint on the third day ..shit."
"That was the day I created possums. Haha. Still gives me a chuckle."

"If I leave pot everywhere that's gonna to give humans the impression they're supposed to... 'use' it."
"(sigh)Now I have to create Republicans."

-Bill Hicks, Revelations.

Actually his friend probaly never has drinken caffeine. JW's don't drink it. But's its funny because about 10% of starbucks employees are JW's.

I don't find it immoral. And the bible says drink wine, but don't become a drunkard, or associate with the town drunk..but it also says we should help everyon...hmm.

And that's amazingly funny splatt.

I'm with ya...

I don't find weed to be inhibiting of my relation with God....if anything I find it to be potentially strengthening to my relation with God. As well I find that my focus shifts to God and spiritual practices whilst under the influence of weed.

There are many in religion that would like you to feel guilty or immoral for your choice to use weed....but they really have no ground to push their belief on that says out-right that God is against weed.

I do believe that God is against abuse...which is where I find myself using in a moderate way as to keep it from inhibiting me from ME to much. I need to be free of weed for periods of time so that I can keep a connection and grounded contact with the real me. Weed is 'me'...but it's 'me' with an edge, a lift, a push.

So long as you attent to God, and God remains top shelf on your list of priority and respect....you're all good. :)

im an ex-christian and have had these discussions with different pastors so many times.

basically i was told that you're body is a "temple of God' and doing drugs is destroying that temple. drugs exists as a temptation that christians are supposed to resist. just because god created drugs, doesnt mean you're supposed to do them, you're supposed to resist them. also, when you believe in god, there should be no reason to do drugs because God is supposed to be your "drug" or "high" and you should be happy enough not to do them.

sounds like a bunch of BS to me because like everyone else said, Jesus drank wine and thats a drug.

i wonder if Jesus ever got drunk...

if people lived the christian religion fundamentally, then by the same token, they also can not drink soda, eat preservatives, pollute, tatoo, pierce, or kickbox...

asianfreek said:
i wonder if Jesus ever got drunk...

[In a church..] Drink the blood of Christ my son..

"Whoa?! This is the blood of Christ? That guy musta been wasted 24/7!"

- Peter Griffin, Family Guy.

4:20|4|EVA|:D

I'd just like to quote cypress hill/bible on this one:>

Genesis 1:12 - I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.

Don't feel guilty or immoral. The only reason that people are trying to make you geel like a "sinner" is because of the current legal status, and the fact that the church probably can't condone the act of something as harmless as smoking marijuana without large public outcry, again due to the status of the drug legally.

God created weed, man created booze, which do you trust?
26.gif
+
eyesclosed.gif
=
biggrin.gif