• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Morals [regarding cannabis use]

GroupE said:
That is absolutly wrong and rediculous.

What is? They don't drink caffeine.

And if you think of the statistics, it is true.

Every starbucks I've ever gone to, most of them are JW's, I don't mean that in any negative way, It's just my personal expierience.

I bet you 10% of Christians work at MacDonalds, is that also rediculous?

therealbeats said:
What is? They don't drink caffeine.

And if you think of the statistics, it is true.

Every starbucks I've ever gone to, most of them are JW's, I don't mean that in any negative way, It's just my personal expierience.

I bet you 10% of Christians work at MacDonalds, is that also rediculous?
They dont drink caffeine?! Thats like they dont drive on Wednsday's WTF?!
I've never heard of a JW working at a starbucks but if you ever go to a Tim Hortons on a Saturday morning, you'll see them sucking down the caffeine.
If your going to slander/stereotype a person/religion, at least know what there about first.

Or how about..before you say someone doesn't know shit about a religion, and try to badmouth them for slandering a religion, know it yourself

According to the teaching of the church, members are to preserve their bodies and are not to drink alcohol, caffeine based products (E.g. Coca-Cola) or use tobacco.
http://www.faithnet.org.uk/KS3/christiansectarianmovements.htmSource]

How is that a stupid rule? I personally respect that idea, and try to stay away from caffeine for the most part.

I wasn't slandering them at all, I was making a comment.

(p.s, they are considered a cult by a very large amont of societies, I checked. Don't say I'm slandering an entire people by just relating what I've read, seen and expierienced.)

therealbeats said:
Or how about..before you say someone doesn't know shit about a religion, and try to badmouth them for slandering a religion, know it yourself

http://www.faithnet.org.uk/KS3/christiansectarianmovements.htmSource]

How is that a stupid rule? I personally respect that idea, and try to stay away from caffeine for the most part.

I wasn't slandering them at all, I was making a comment.

(p.s, they are considered a cult by a very large amont of societies, I checked. Don't say I'm slandering an entire people by just relating what I've read, seen and expierienced.)
Dude read that again. Those are MORMONS that don't drink alcohol or caffeine. A cult? They are a legally recondnized religion and they don't even fit in to the definition of a cult. A cult is a "religion" under 50000 that follow a human leader as the central point of their religion not a spiritual deity.

Slander probably wasnt the right word, but giving false info on a relegion can be detramental to other people looking for the thruth.

Last edited:
Scientology is also "legally recognized" They are a CULT.

And most JW's DO abstain from caffeine.

All religions that ask for money and restrcit fun are a cult (Christians etc..)

is it fair to say this has turned into a religious argument/discussion?

slayerfairy i can only suggest going with your heart love, if you can master the true skills of inner reflection and analysis you'll know what's right and wrong. you'll feel it and you'll be sick if something's wrong.
best of luck, i hope happiness radiates to all.

I'm a christian. I have fun. I can also leave the faith whenever I want, and whatmore, I know that.

But I'm not the best person to debate theology. I come from a biased source.

everyone here has a lot to learn from the Rastas. im surprised nobody's mentioned them, as this deals with weed and spirituality... shit, they smoke it to meditate and get closer to jah (god)... cant be all that bad spiritually! Take one from the rastas yall... its okay to smoke a little doob, god put it here for you to enjoy, so why not use it? I and I Jah bless, Rastafari ova all livin' tings... peace

God gave us beer, so we thank him by not drinking too much--GK Chesterton

substitute beer with cannabis

gugglebum said:
I've never read the Bible but I don't think in Moses' letter to the Corinthians it said anything about not smoking weed.
Nor in the rest of it. Period.

haha you certainly have never read the bible.

Originally posted by chuuzestu
On a Christian standpoint, the body is the temple of G-d. So whenever you put any chemical in your body you are harming the temple. But, I don't really believe in eternal damnation just because you are smoking. I think in the end it just matters where your heart lies with Him.

well, i'd say that Christians seem to have a higher rate of morbid obesity and general bad health than most other religions/cultures. it's mostly those same fat, meat-eating, anti-veggie crusaders who are telling you that drugs are from satan. at least the ones who have no tangible information to back up their rhetoric.

Im a practising Christian, and Ive noticed that there seems to be a great deal of hypocrisy on the part of other practicing christians, even within my own parish. Most of them are the types to preach against the evils of drugs, but they're all a bunch of piss heads. The Local parish club on a Friday nite is just the same as any other pub, bar or club - everyone's pissed, yelling, smoking obscene quantities of tabs... and this is all considered perfectly acceptable - in fact it's actually condoned by the local church. This from people who are against the destruction of Gods temple, your body.

Now I think theres something fundementaly wrong with that.

So now I just avoid/ignore all moral issues involving drugs and religion. I find the only person who knows whats right in those circumstances is yourself. If your friend has had a go at you smoking weed, be honest with them and yourself. If you have no intention to give up, tell them that, and make it clear that you are comfortable living the way you do. If they are a good friend, theyll respect your views. Just dont rub it in.

I have a friend who is a devout Hindu, and he objects to consuming drugs himself, he doesnt eat meat, he doesnt drink... I respect his views, and he respects my decisions, even if he considers them unwise. Basically we dont force anything on each other, and we get on with living and having a good time.

Cos thats what its all about.

The intake of a chemical into the body is not a moral issue. Otherwise you would feel bad every time you took an asprin or Nyquil.

Sense I have never felt that I was doing wrong by taking, say, Caffiene into my system then it is not a moral issue.. It is a social issue.

As for the religion's they are.. how should I word this.. The children who still believe in Santa Claus. They don't make any sense unless you grew up in their sunday school classes and learned that "blind faith" is a perfectly intelligent way of looking at God.. And if you fall from this blind faith then God himself will send you to burn in hell for eternity!!!!

I love seeing woman go to church because the bible teaches that women are man's slave. Second to come; made from Adam's rib and religion in the US kept women from voting until around the same time as the beginning of the drug war. Women were the true slaves of man up until resently and that was because of religion..

The more you look at it the more it seems that religion is a serious moral issue that needs to be removed from our society.

=D

GroupE said:
A cult is a "religion" follow a human leader as the central point of their religion not a spiritual deity.

I took out the 50,000 as that isn't in the definition of a cult

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

catholicism is a cult by definition.. You don't take your sins to God, you take them to the guy in the booth who gives you guidance and then talks to God for you and finds out what you need to do to get back in good faith with the all mighty.

The New Shaman said:
catholicism is a cult by definition.. You don't take your sins to God, you take them to the guy in the booth who gives you guidance and then talks to God for you and finds out what you need to do to get back in good faith with the all mighty.

that's hardly true; preists devote their entire lives to being messengers of god. they never claim to be ones to be praised or worshipped; christians, as a core value, denounce anyone who worships false idols, whether that be money or a statue. granted, they are hypocritical, but in no way are they a cult but their own definition.

well, it is late and I've got about 6 Bawlz energy drinks in me.. so at this point.. it's just good ol' fastion Sunday morning rambling :)

The New Shaman said:
well, it is late and I've got about 6 Bawlz energy drinks in me.. so at this point.. it's just good ol' fastion Sunday morning rambling :)

heh, yeah, i'm pretty stoned and eating a delicious sandwich.