• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking resin (merged)

I call that black resin crap "black death" last time i smoked that crap was about 9-10 years ago, when I was a teenager, I used to scrap the black death out and mix with the ash from my ciggies in the ashtray to "dry it up a bit" for easier handling.......tastes like shit, works like shit, shit of a effort, and its shit really.....

I remember cleaning out all of both my friend's bowls and mines (like a total of 12 bowls that were real resined up). After about a half hour of scraping we packed a gigantic bowl. We got about 10 - 15 hits each off of it. Neither of us got high, and we both got a head ache.

Urbanhog said:
I call that black resin crap "black death" last time i smoked that crap was about 9-10 years ago, when I was a teenager, I used to scrap the black death out and mix with the ash from my ciggies in the ashtray to "dry it up a bit" for easier handling.......tastes like shit, works like shit, shit of a effort, and its shit really.....

SHIT! =D
OK, that was pointless of me ...

I wouldn't ever even dream of smoking resin ... there's a reason why it smells like that.

abieda said:
once you have it in a nice little ball and its really gooey and gross.. its best to let it dry out before smoking it in a pipe or bong... but if you don't feel like waiting forever for it to dry out.. throw it in the freezer for a little while. it will solidify and be much easier to smoke. it sounds strange but works and is much less messy..

Hoi hoi... I do the same thing. =D

My Resin

Allright, i had like 3 dirty bowls, which i cleaned with rubbing alcohol, i still have most of the alcohol left, what would be a good way to get rid of the alchol, and keep the resin?

oo and the best way, is clean it all out with the alcohol, and save the alcohol, put into a GLASS container and put on a radiator over nite. you should find in the morning its all evaporated off.

damn ur fast, right so does it have to be covered or uncovered? lol and its not for meit was another dudes pieces, not mines, but i did him a favor, and hes paying me ^_^ for the resin w00t

lol thats cool, use an open top glass, preferibly a V sorta shape, wider at the top, perhaps a fan blowing over nite, then the resin should sink to the bottom, and the alcohol with any luck should evaporate off, there will be SOME impurities, but still THC is THC

Yeah I did this just yesterday, tons of resin. I don't know why everyone despises resin though, when you have no weed and tons of resin to work for, the hih is that much more satisfactory. The only problem I have is scraping that shit up. I used a big metal bowl, and it is really stuck to the bottom, I can't even scrape it up.

Um, don't smoke the resin if you used rubbing alcohol... from what I understand, if it isnt Ethyl Alcohol, it can make you blind.

isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol, can pose serious health risks. not sure the validity of the make you go blind claim but i would make sure it was all evaporated before i tossed the resin in the trash ;)

The "make you go blind thing" is from methanol (what they put into alcohol to denature it), which isnt really going to make you go blind. It will straight up kill you though, if ingested. Rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol/isopropanol are no the same thing BTW.... rubbing alcohol has a oil added to it to prevent it from drying your skin too much. There isnt very much of it, but it is there.

If you are hell bent on doing stuff like this... I'd recommend getting a bottle of everclear.. which is 95% ethanol, 5% water. Go get a carton of magnesium sulfate (from grocery store, etc) spread it out on a baking sheet and dry it in the oven for a couple hours @ 350. After it turns white and powdery, add it to your everclear, seal it up, let sit. you may need to do this more than once.

This will dry your everclear to over 97% the first run if kept closed. You can get it a little dryer, then use that as your solvent. Alcohol is agood solvent for that sort of thing, and food-grade alcohol wont have any other additives. Isopropyl rubbing alc. is usually 30% water, making evaporation a bitch.

maybe you should just buy a sack?

Well fuck me i am desperate - never thought id sink this low - but im giveing the roachs a go!

I just scrape it str8 of the bucket gear str8 onto my lid n smoke my resin like dat, my parents told me resin is poisonous but i been smokin resin n weed none stop for years aint had no problems, is it poisonous?

shit a metal pipe, and it also helps if you gotta a little bit of shwagg to add to that.

Scraping the pipe is half the fun.

Wouldn't it be more practical to drink the everclear than to use it to collect resin?