• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking resin (merged)

Dawner207

Bluelighter
so whats the best method for smoking resin? granted this isn't something you do too often but desperate times call for desperate measures... any tips will surely be appreciated! thanks

Dawn

Make it into a ball, roll it between your fingers. I prefer to smoke resin outta a small glass pipe or a metal bowl. Be careful resin burns hot so your peice will get hot as fuck. Resin usually burns for a while a nice size ball can get you nice and high.

SPOTS- Deffo the best way as I always get "hotrocks" coming through the pipe with resin. Basically for those who don't know 2 metal knives, a small bottle with end removed (like a funnel) and a gas stove is what you need, squash a ball of resin onto 1 knife and heat the other till glowing hot then when you places it onto the resin it will smoke immediately. Use the bottle to catch ALL smoke.

Takes a little set-up but I find it the most efficiant and lets be honest if your smoking resin you want to make sure you don't waste too much.

^^Also good for hash.

h@ndo :)

bend a paper clip so that one end sticks in the air and the rest lays flat. stick the resin on the end that is sticking in the air. light it on fire and cover it with a glass drinking cup. when the cup fills with smoke lift the glass up just enough so that you can suck the smoke out of it with a drinking straw. recover and let fill again. you may have to relight the resin more than once.

Ok, well my first method is like the guy with the knife, except I scrape it out of the pipe with a paperclip (as in the post above). Then just rub the paperclip on a hot knife/hammered flat spoon and suck the smoke through a funnel.

Or, if its a metal pipe, take out all the rubber washers and what not, and throw it straight on the stove top. Now get 2 preprepared straws (with heat sheilding/tin foil on the end) and a friend. When the first wisps of smoke start to come off, blow into one end of the pipe while your friend sucks at the other end with the straws. Then they blow and you suck, etc etc, kind of like giving each other shotties through the pipe. Me and my friends call this 'smoking the pipe' and its a sure sign that theres no weed to be found, its a real 'heady' stone

Damn, can I try that method right there ^^^ with a glass pipe. I like that idea hehe.

Also, why does bong resin crackle?

It is probably wet. Resin from boiled glass pipes crackles like a mofo too. You'll spark that shit up and have little pieces sparking up hitting ya! Rez scraped from pipes doesn't do this.

i guess the thread starter is from the uk, and i like uk hash and it really aint desperate measures.....

id say best way to smoke any thing is in a joint

Use a pipe. I use the cup and paperclip method to smoke opium, ive never tried resin in its place.

My favorite way to do this is to simply roll the stuff into a ball and smoke out of a small metal pipe with a screen. There's really no wasting this way, but like the others say, yes, it can get VERY hot, so be careful!

whats wrong with grating it into a powder and putting it in a joint, i always find this way is good enough, nothing beats a joint!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek headache buzz!!!!!!!!

It crackles because it is usually a pasty substance and has some moisture to it and it produces gasses within the mixture as it burns. I have always found that the hotter you can burn resin the better off you are, I use one of those refillable torch lighters (a crack torch! LOL ). This gives the resin less time to liquify when it heats and it won't gum up the screen and bowl you just cleaned to get the resin in the first place. I don't know if I would handle it with my fingers or not, merely for the fact that is a STONED BITCH to get off unless you want to dowse your hands in alcohol, which isn't a good idea when you're about to handle an open flame. I also usually save the last bit of shake from the bottom of the bag( you know the really small stuff) in a film can for lean times and then mix it with some resin to lessen the head achy effects of smoking resin, it also gives the resin something to stiffen it up and burn a bit cleaner.

Skamunchar, I don't think I ever seen resin that was of a consistency that it COULD be grated into a powder, not that wasn't already burned from smoking it anyway. MAYBE, if you dried in the sun for like.....a year that might work but it would probably gum up the joint so it would be too hard to smoke. Plus the mere fact that you're smoking resin in the first place implies that smokable supplies are low or non-existent and smoking joints is wasteful( because of the constant burn while passing it ), water bong hits are much more efficient when times are lean and cooler to smoke than a pipe or joint when high heat is an issue.

if youve got enough of it, roll it up in paper.... if your resin is nice and sticky and gooey, just make 'little' balls of rolling papers filled with resin... if they sit for a little bit, the resin soaks all the way through, and it lasts a little longer... if your resin is dried out and stuff, hit the pipe *with or without something in it* so the stuff can get a little warm and gooey... then go on to the papers....

I wish I was from the UK, but I'm just a broke ass girl from Ohio who's inbetween jobs.lol!

Dawn

oh ya thanks for all the tips so far!

What we do in the uk is make a joint out of tobacco, then we get the resin and heat it with a lighter until it crumbles. Be careful not to burn the resin as it doesnt need that much heat to crumble. Sprinkle these bits in the spliff, roll up and enjoy.

I think there is a misunderstanding here:

The yanks are talking about the black goo that collects on the inside of a bong or pipe as you use it - it smells and taste like utter shite and is usually moist and oil-like.

In the UK "resin" tends to mean hash - which can be heated, then crumbled and smoked.

Correct me if I am wrong - but I just thought I noticed people being on two different pages here :)

--- G.

BTW - I am not 100% sure which the original poster meant - but I think he is American and meant "bong scrapings" rather than hash...

--- G.

when i'm out and it doesn't look like i'll be getting anything anytime soon i scrape my pipe with an unfolded coathanger. then i let it dry out a lil, put it back in the pipe it came out of, and smoke it. i've never heard of all this stuff about cups and straws lol