• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking resin (merged)

Mmmm, yeah, I assumed you meant hash.

I'm guessing thats not the case though.....

lol! hobo hash!!
I don't do this shit anymore.. its utterly disgusting.. if i am out of weed, i'll get on. or find a friend that'll smoke me up ;)I started a funny thread on it a while ago in Drug Culture. Resin is highly carcinogenic.. and you're probably smoking metal scrapings if u scrape the goo from a metal stem/pipe or cone piece/bowl.

Like yo momma taght ya

Usually when I go to scrape my bowl, (usually after I run out of smoke and don't have the $$$$ to get some more), I use These Items:

Paper Clip
Thumb Tack (plastic end)
Razor Blade (like a narrow utility knife)
A sheet of notebook paper,
I have an old-skool lunch tray I put under that

Sticky "Chunks" of resin, (usually in the threads and sides of bowl)

Get the 4 items above and put the tray, then notebook paper, and the clip, tack, and the blade. Ok, run the blade around the side of the bowl until you see the threads again. Second, push the thumb tack around inside of the threads, until the metal is showing nicely. (There will still be a slight cover of resin, or else you may remove metal shavings with too much pressure). Third, use the paper clip to move the screen clear out of the bowl, it won't break unless it's brittle from a lot of heat exposure. Now randomly collect as much of the resin from under where the screen was and deposite it onto the removed screen, or a new one if you have one. When you have covered the screen with as much as possible, create a fold with the paper and thicker resin on itand tap the chunks onto the screen (which you can place back into the bowl) When its all covered and sticking to the resin, get a medium sized flame and SLOWLY hit the pack a few seconds after the sizzling starts. Then just gradually hit it because you don't want to cough out this smoke!!!

A few hits of resin from my steel piece will put me to sleep or get me BLAZED because my friend's dad grows some Northern Lightz #9 & #5 crossbread female plants hydroponically. He also has recently started a crop of AK-47 Plants too! And that's all we smoke out of that pipe, not even regular KB or Hydro nugs. So even I can catch the buzz of a lifetime off of this resin. Like right now I am HIGH as a muthafucka! Ight ya'll smokerz, Peace Outsi!

when i used to scrape my pipe for resin - paper clip is the best thing (jumbo preferably), you have to bend it to the proper shape though,

DAMN

I feel like an idiot. For all the times I've been bored without weed, What do I do, Clean my pipe. all that resin down the toilet... Literally... I had no idea it actually got you high... thought all the TCH had burnt out. Ah well, live and learn... I gotta go Scrape my pipe.. HA HA HA8)

once you have it in a nice little ball and its really gooey and gross.. its best to let it dry out before smoking it in a pipe or bong... but if you don't feel like waiting forever for it to dry out.. throw it in the freezer for a little while. it will solidify and be much easier to smoke. it sounds strange but works and is much less messy..

The most efficient way I have found is to smoke it off of foil like crack.

Re: DAMN

Jahurd said:
I feel like an idiot. For all the times I've been bored without weed, What do I do, Clean my pipe. all that resin down the toilet... Literally... I had no idea it actually got you high... thought all the TCH had burnt out. Ah well, live and learn... I gotta go Scrape my pipe.. HA HA HA8)

it's not super pleasant.. most people only smoke it when totally out of weed/money. the last time i smoked resin i swore never to do it again just because i spent a long ass time scraping a bowls worth and i barely got high. the buzz actually made me want to smoke more than when i was sober

i used to smoke resin all the time though when i was younger. one semester in college i probably smoked resin more often than bud. i would always try to get people to use my pipe just for the resin.
crackhead3.gif

Resin=Tar

I figure I will help you out. Resin is the trichomes off of a marijuana plant. Americans commonly call pipe tar "resin".Pipe tar contains alot of Cbd/Cbn's which are the cannaboids found in marijuana that give you the drowsy, couchlock feeling. It also contains ash, and little particles of marijuana/crystals. It is low in thc, and high in carcinogens(gives you cancer!)

I have cleaned many, many pipes, and worked with penty of iso hash. First off DO NOT scrape your pipe, if its metal it will leave metal shavings in the tar, and if its glass you risk breaking it. Here is how to get every single peice of tar from your pipe, and somewhat purify it.

Get 91%-99% Iso Alchohol, its cheep, relativly pure, and evaporates quickly and clean. You also need a pyrex pie plate that is 100% flat. You need a dish that your pipe fits in snug, a microwave, and a fan. You also need razor blades(2)

Step 1: Pour enough alchohol in your dish so your pipe will be covered in it. Heat the alchohol in the microwave untill it boils(about a minute) There is NO risk in doing this, ive done it 400+ times.

Place your pipe in the hot alchohol and move it around, in about 2 minutes all the resin from your pipe will dissolve into the alchohol. Take your pipe out, get any spots with a q-tip, and wash out with soapy water(Its now clean)

Strain the alchohol through a gold screen coffee filter(NOT the paper ones)
to get all the ash out,letting the alchohol pour Into the pie plate
Now you can skip to step 3, or clean it up with step 2.

Step 2:Take the alchohol and pour it in a glass jar with a lid. Make a small hole in the lid for venting(if you dont, it will explode). Pour in half as much hot water as you have alchohol. Now shake the fuck out of it with your finger over the hole,and make sure to let your finger off to let the pressure out.The water will hold all the bullshit, the alchohol will hold all of the thc/cbd/cbn's.

Now pour into a plastic bag, and hang up to let it settle. After the alchohol/water seperates poke a small hole in the bottom of the bag and let the alchohol drain off into your pie plate, make sure no water drips in, and throw the water away.

Step 3:place the pie plate infront of a fan, and let it evaporate untill its basically dry, but is still a little wet. You want to scrape now because after it drys, its too sticky.Then scrape it into a pile with the razors and let it completely dry. It will dry to a orangish sticky tar.

I add 50% marijuana shake to it, mix as best I can with my razors, I then flatten it out , set on the pie plate, and slightly heat with a lighter to melt it and then mix it further. I then set infront of a fan to dry. After its dry scrape it up, form into a ball, and coat the outside with powdered marijuana, or flour.

This stuff smokes shitty, the first few hits in a bowl are good, but after that it melts through the hole, and turns hard. Some put a peice of a choreboy pad on the bottom of the bowl so it dosent melt through, I dont. Smoking in a paper is disasterous, but a few skittle size balls on a gram or 2 of shwag in a Blunt Shell works decently.

I DO NOT smoke Tar anymore, I messed around with it alot 4 or 5 years ago when weed wasent plentifull .The day after smoking Tar I always coughed up clear gellatanous flem with green to brown spots in them.

Step 2 is also used to clean up "soapbar" hash , Just do this extra step before following step 2. Dissolve the soapbar in 91%-99% alchohol.

So there ya have it, the best way to collect pipe tar, clean it up, and smoke it. Thanks,
Resin_King

Hi, welcome to bluelight !! :)

have you tried using our search engine? it's a really good way to check if your topic has already been covered and to see if your question has been answered before.

i'll just go ahead and link you to some searches i came up with. beneath are some ways to turn your yucky pipe resin into "actual" smokable material, if you don't know how to do it just click on the links.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108920&highlight=pipe+resin

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95540&highlight=pipe+resin

a good way to smoke hash/honey oil is to drop a little bit on a needle or a knife and heat that up till you see smoke forming, suck the smoke up with a straw or just by holding your mouth near it. another one is to drop a little bit on your weed/hash in a bong or a pipe and simply light it. last one is by smearing the oil on your rolling paper, this requires some expertise (in rolling), but is definitely a good way to enhance the high and flavour of the weed. find out for yourself what you like best !!

Last edited:
Resin? I think that is a nice name for what used to be called 'bong crap' - best thing to do with this tarry muck is give it to someone with lungs you don't like

3rd generation resin?

i think all of us desperate smokers have atleast once made a joint out of all our resin....what i usually do is take the lil roaches (small part left from a joint when its so tiny u cant smoke it anymore) from my past joints and once i have enough (7-8) i make a moderately sized joint and it ALWAYS comes out to be super-powerful and gets me extremely stoned...now i was wondering if anybody smoked so much that he/she kept the roaches from these roach-joints and then made a joint out of THOSE roaches....follow me?
now im thinking it will either not burn at all because what you're smoking will basically be ash or burnt weed, or it will be a super duper joint...has anybody gone so far as to make joints with 3rd generation resin?

well.. uh.. yeah.. :D

man, disgusting.. but okay, to the point. cannabinoids are sticky, they stick to things that they are smoked through. weed, is a great filter, in fact, your whole joint filters out active and non active materials, so the little roaches contain a lot of resin. it could work, but yeah, the stuff is so carcinogenic i wouldn't even bother with it, it's a lot worse as smoking a regular joint. i don't think it will turn out as a "super duper" joint, but try it out and report back, maybe it will be.. :)

damn, your sick. I would NEVER get so low to roll a joint out of al the buts and roaches in my ashtrey let alone the raoches of the joints rolled out of the roaches. iew :barf: thats disgusting man, just roll a new joint ;)

i take the weed from leftover roaches and smoke it in a bong or pipe. i think this is the best method because the weed from roaches tend to be REALLY strong and REALLY nasty.

im surprised how many people will smoke raw plant matter day in and day out, which is still loaded with "bad stuff", but are disgusted at the idea of smoking resinous plant matter.

think of smoking resin as smoking MORE weed

i dont think smoking one of these joints is going to show any more of a carcinogenic effect than any other joint. might not taste as good, but seriously sometimes when you're out of bud, getting high is getting high