• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klonopin; How long to kick in?

vicodelicious

Bluelighter
1.) I have a huge quantity of 2mg generic Clonazepam tablets. I was wondering how long its takes for them to kick into full effect. I have heard 1-2 hours. THat seems like a lot too me??? Is this ture??

2.) Also, is Klonopin a good benzo to mix well with hydrocdone?? When do you suggest taking the K=pins, b/c hydrocodone kicks in in about 30 min where as K-Pins seen to take and hour or too.

3.) What about Xanax? I have a large quantity of 2mg Xanax bars. Do these go better then Hdydrocodone than with Klonopins?? And if so, when should I tale the Xan?? before or after the hydro??

sorry about the confusing questions.... D8( 8) ;)

Thanks for any help.

- V D8( 8) ;)

IMO i think your going to have to work out what works best for you,and you sound as if you have enough to do this:)...,although i'm sure someone will come up with some sort of regime that hit the spot for them,based on nscientific evidence etc.

As for Clonazepam taking so long to work,well i can't say i've ever noticed any difference in the come-on length of any benzo's(well maybe5 or 10 min) but clonazepam is one of the few benzos i don't have a great deal of experience with.

I took 2mg Alprazalom 20minutes ago and i'm already feeling relaxed:)

Xanax kicks in much, much quicker than klonopin. Klonopin does take around 1-2 hours for full effects, whereas xanax is about 15-25 minutes.

Klonopin takes much longer than other benzos to kick in. Definitely 1-2 hours, usually 2 hrs for me.

K-Joy

Klonopin can be absorbed sublingually under the tongue for faster results. It is also is less likely to cause a lethal overdose when used on it's own and is water soluable. I routinely take 15-20mg of hydro with 1mg klonopin. Or 2 K's and 10 hydro with a beer. Now Xanax, use with caution when your mixing. It's fine to take with hydro, just not large amounts because of resp. problems. And if you double up on the pills, lay off the booze. Long live hydro...

Re: K-Joy

vetchick said:
Klonopin can be absorbed sublingually under the tongue for faster results. It is also is less likely to cause a lethal overdose when used on it's own and is water soluable. I routinely take 15-20mg of hydro with 1mg klonopin. Or 2 K's and 10 hydro with a beer. Now Xanax, use with caution when your mixing. It's fine to take with hydro, just not large amounts because of resp. problems. And if you double up on the pills, lay off the booze. Long live hydro...

Klonopin IS NOT water soluable! Also clonazepam takes roughly an hour and a half, give or take some, to kick in at full effects.

Yes clonazapam sort of creeps up on you. It also has a much longer half-life. Xanax are absorped much faster and have a much shorter half-life.

To me, a xanax works better for a short term effect, so take it with your Hydrocodone, but believe me, it's not going to kill you to take a Klonapin with it, and the K will be working hours and hours after you take it, So you can take another narco and still have the Klonipin working in your system.. I'd take both.

And as far as overdosing, as mentioned above, I do not know anyone who has od'd off of klonipin, I took 10 2mg tabs in one night, and did not overdose, and was drinking with them. Did not remember much the next morning, but I did wake up.

I personally like clonazepam over xanax, because I get such a much longer relaxation effect, But I too usually have both on hand, and do it like I told you. Pain pill with xanax, and then sometime with in an hour or so I take a clonazepam and stay relaxed all day!! but that's just me.

Some benzos, like codeine, rely on their metabolite for the effect. This probably is the case with clonazapam.Swallow the pill(s) and wait till you feel them.In the interest of saving bandwidth.

Clonazaman said:
Some benzos, like codeine, rely on their metabolite for the effect. This probably is the case with clonazapam.Swallow the pill(s) and wait till you feel them.In the interest of saving bandwidth.

Please don't give out blatonly false information such as 'codeine is a benzodiazepine'. Codeine is an opioid.

Clonazaman said:

You are a complete moron. Nothing you said made sense.... 8)

Please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and leave this msg board, before you give false info and kill someone... ignorance 8( 8)

vicodelicious said:
You are a complete moron. Nothing you said made sense.... 8)

Please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and leave this msg board, before you give false info and kill someone... ignorance 8( 8)

Some benzos, rely on their metabolite for the effect, like Codeine does for it's effect. Two different beasts.You can read whatever you want into my reply, but I never said codeine was a benzo.Sorry , got in a hurry and worded that fucker wrong. Can't slip one over on you guys.

I think I will stick around though, since if I am a moron, I fit in rather well here.

Look at what you are posting before you submit. Absolutley no benzodiazepine rely on their metabolite to take effect. Please refrain from calling us morons because as far as we are concerned, the only moron here is the one who posts inaccurate information.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Look at what you are posting before you submit. Absolutley no benzodiazepine rely on their metabolite to take effect. Please refrain from calling us morons because as far as we are concerned, the only moron here is the one who posts inaccurate information.

Then why are some metabolites considered 'active' while the rest are
considered 'inactive'? Because some metabolites are active and some are not? All I know is that some benzodiazepines take effect fast, some faster, some not as fast. Some last 3 hours, others can last 72 hours. I am
refering to this in the manner my doctor explained it to me, sorry that
I am not effectively conveying this information.

The active metabolite for clonazepam is clonazepam, the active metabolite for diazepam is diazepam, the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam...get the point? Codeine metabolizes into morphine at higher doses, yes, but codeine is not a benzodiazepine.

alright to correct all u morons out their:
xanax: the shortest acting / half life benzo (meaning u can feel the full effect 30-60 mins after taking
Klonopin: a medium acting benzo, meaning it has a half life longer than xanax but shorter than valium, normally can feel the effects about an hour after taking

Valium: the longest acting benzo outa the 3, meaning it will take a good 90 mins too feel the fulls effects, however if u take a good 50mg's at night and wake up the next morning and smoke some herb, you will get relaxed again :)

btw ive taken each of the above drugs at least 50 times EACH recreactional, and im on 1.5mg's of klonopin a day and 15mg's of valium a day, perscribed ;)

jak1357 said:
alright to correct all u morons out their:
xanax: the shortest acting / half life benzo (meaning u can feel the full effect 30-60 mins after taking
Klonopin: a medium acting benzo, meaning it has a half life longer than xanax but shorter than valium, normally can feel the effects about an hour after taking

Valium: the longest acting benzo outa the 3, meaning it will take a good 90 mins too feel the fulls effects, however if u take a good 50mg's at night and wake up the next morning and smoke some herb, you will get relaxed again :)

btw ive taken each of the above drugs at least 50 times EACH recreactional, and im on 1.5mg's of klonopin a day and 15mg's of valium a day, perscribed ;)

What morons are you correcting? Are you reading imaginary posts or something? You corrected nothing and just displayed some information that you pulled out your ass. I mean, your information is correct but why did you bring that up? Nobody was talking about half-life or duration but what the hell, why not...

Half-life of clonazepam (Klonopin)- 19-60 hours
Peak plasma level- 1-3 hours
Yes clonazepam is a medium acting benzodiazepine.

I wouldn't shoot Klonopin in a sling. And for the rest of you hillbillies...............ffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppp.....smell it!