• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klonopin; How long to kick in?

K'dOUTinAZ said:
What morons are you correcting? Are you reading imaginary posts or something? You corrected nothing and just displayed some information that you pulled out your ass. I mean, your information is correct but why did you bring that up? Nobody was talking about half-life or duration but what the hell, why not...

Half-life of clonazepam (Klonopin)- 19-60 hours
Peak plasma level- 1-3 hours
Yes clonazepam is a medium acting benzodiazepine.

I've never gotten the half lifes, I mean I understand what they are and everything, but what are the conditions for the shorter-longer durations?

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Please don't give out blatonly false information such as 'codeine is a benzodiazepine'. Codeine is an opioid.
Actually, codeinte is an opiate. (as are all naturalluy accureing alkaloids in the poppy. Opioids refer to those that are semi or fully synthetic. (just technichal crap. Please take no offense.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
As you can see, I wasn't as "educated" in those days and not as "tame" as I am these days. That was a year and some ago. Diazepam's active metabolite is not diazepam 8) A few of diazepam's active metabolites include temazepam, oxazepam, and desmethyldiazepam just to name a few. Lorazepam and clonazepam don't have any active metabolites though. So, as you can see...I have learned a lot since then....

" the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam" LOL, what was I thinking
You forgot nordiazapam...:D

im sure you have had your answer long since i read your post but I take kpins on occasion (once a week or so) and find they kick in round the 20 minute mark for me, I mean i never time it but I never noticed them taking 2 hours, then again my tolerance level is low so that may be a issue...

i have not seen kdout around here for quite a while but yes he knows a lot about drugs i wonder if he ever comes around and lurks or if he is even around at all

I always take my prescribed k-pins sublingually -n- find I feel relief from my condition (anxiety/panic) within around 20 mins thru this route if u hold it under your tongue "tightly" -n- until it completely dissolves. (I find that that, while keeping ur tongue clamped down on it tightly while sorta sucking/squeezing it under there but with keeping the substance from "leaking" out from under if u can get that..) As for feeling it's "full" effect, it does, like most of yall have said, takes around 1-2 hours to reach it's "peak" so to speak. Sublingual administration can vary depending on one's technique (as silly as that may sound since it really is quite simple but I guess yall feels me....).

I just get SOOO tired even with only 3 mgs at once.. :(

I usually take 1mg 3 times a day, but It takes me 10 mins to feel a little effect but after one hour or so I am sleeeeeeppppppppppyyyyyyyy

I like the feeling just wish they did not make me so damn LAZY :(

clonazepam and hydrocodone <3
it kicks in for me really fast, usualy within a half hour or earlier. Clonazepam is my favorite benzo by far

For fucks sake "MrDummy" you bumped the same old thread twice haha... eating too much of those k-pins I see :)

^Haha. Klonopins should kick in 5-10 minutes, they taste good just crunch them up and hold them under your tongue. Otherwise they might take up to 30mins to kick in. My experiance with benzos (all) is that even if crunched and held under my tongue, I don't really feel them FULLY until 30-45mins. That initial rush of relaxation and anxiety relief is there 5-10, but the full sedation takes the latter.

Good thing we all eat benzos, otherwise we might remember that this thread really really old, and has been answered.

yeah this threads super old...im prescribed 1 mg of klonopin twice a day and 30 mgs of temazepam at night for sleep. I love my benzos. Klonopins start to take efect 20 mintes after i eat them but dont hit full efect for about an hour