View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm either going to try 2C-D or DiPT tomorrow in the wilderness. My question is, MGS in particular, which would you think would be better suited? I have 80mg of 2C-D and 100mg of DiPT, and I'm looking for a fairly profound experience while remaining somewhat functional enough to ride my bike and hike. I know DipT will transport me to an alien dimension in the outdoors, but I've yet to try 2C-D. Is it well-suited for outdoor day tripping by yourself?

I'd go for the 2C-D @ 40mg. DiPT is only for night, and bike riding in the wilderness sounds best suited for day.

I've not tried it yet except at home, but I'm expecting low/med doses of 2C-D to be outstanding for hiking/general nature enjoyment.

Has anyone who's tried it socially got any comments? Generally I would not consider tripping at a party, just too much for me (done it in the past, so I know). It's an experience to be savored in private or small groups IMO. But it's struck me also that 2C-D may be easily manageable in a safe, comfortable, and modest-sized underground-type party, for instance.

Last edited:
if ya like being the smartest person in the room, nodge nodge, wink wink.

it is active in single mgs...

Yeah I also have done several 100mg doses of 2cd, I find it good visually at that level but again the lack of the emotional component leaves me feeling let down even at 100mgs !!!!!!

*Shrugs*

Has anyone who's tried it socially got any comments

Yes even at 100mgs it's easy socially I found, the missus agrees as well.

^its really odd how me and you (zophen) react so similarly to drugs.

2c-d is fun, but imo not very profound at all.
At 80mg (my highest dose) i still didnt feel any of the depth that 2c-e, 2c-c and now 2c-b bring me.
The body high was not threatening at all though. So if i ever get a chance to try it again (hopefully i will) i will be trying 100+mg doses so that perhaps i can experience that magic. As of now though, to me its "just tofu."

I had a pretty profound experience at 80mg, but then I did 100mg and while it was strong and colorful it was an emotional dud. I don't know what happened, i.e. if it was set/setting or just how my brain chemistry reacted that day or what. I can't pin it down. At best, 2c-d seems "unreliable" in a strange way.

Been reliable for me the three times I have taken it. But I am sure set/setting play their role in both of our experiences.

nanobrain said:
if ya like being the smartest person in the room, nodge nodge, wink wink.

it is active in single mgs...

At 10mg, there were no nootropic properties that I noted...actually at that level it was noticably psychedelic. Have yet to try it at single milligram levels though. But man, I have just been thinking back all day about my trip yesterday...just such a good material...am in utter awe of 2C-D. Such a clean, clear, state it produces. With regard to the 2C-alkyl family, it almost feels like the more complex the structure...the more complex the experience. 2C-D has the humble, simple one carbon. Then there is 2C-E...with two carbons. Potency goes up at least 5X, and duration is more than doubled. Then 2C-P with three, you get the picture. Same story with the 2C-Ts.

I am going to have to write a trip report on this experience...seems I have a lot to say about it. :)

Last edited:
I had a really interesting experience at 10mg. I took it on a Sunday afternoon, if I remember correctly, two days after an MDMA trip. Based on the "smart-pill" document on Erowid and PiHKAL, I expected a sub-threshold experience.

I went for a walk to my favorite local park and laid in the grass, at about t+ 1-1.5 hours. I typically have a floater or two in my vision, and all of a sudden they multiplied into a flock! It seemed as if there was a swarm of gnats a few feet above my head. Otherwise, things visually were normal, if perhaps a bit more vibrant.

I went home and tried out the smart-drug action. No dice. While feeling generally sober mentally, it took me several more minutes than usual to digest a chapter of a book, without any special recall. Then I got hungry and went to get a cheeseburger and fries, which I enjoyed at an optimal level.

Conclusion: 10mg for me is a burger-drug, not a smart-drug. :D I think I am sensitive to this compound. I also think I should write up a report about the above mentioned 26mg experience. Overall it was a light experience, but I was blessed with a 5 minute segment which taught me far more than any 5-hour mindfuck. My scant supply is being carefully hoarded.

i think most everyone is sensitive to this compound, should they just stop long enough to pay heed to the smell of the proverbial roses - alas, tis not to be, trip balls the yunguns seem to want, and "MORE"..the subtle grace of clarity and calm - what hope can offer they to minds weaned on Gameboys?

23mg DOC for youz, that to ensure the target state (gotta be Allabamma or Keentucky, me rekonz) is reached without delay.

I too agree there is a value in low doses with many psychedelics…LSD, iprocin, 2C-I are a few I have had very nice and insightful experiences with at just a threshold. But there are others that do little at small dosages…2C-T-7, 2C-B, and 2C-D come to mind. At 10mg with 2C-D, there was a mild psychedelic state and a definitely feeling in the body that I took a psychedelic. But there was nothing valuable or insightful.

If you want to dose low on 2C-D, by all means have at it. But I agree with the above poster in that you will probably get little from the experience. But then, the Gods may surprise you and reward you with something special.

I was just reading back through all of the old pages of this thread. I know that when I get to trying large doses of it I'll be using it rectally. My question now is, though, if I were to try 10mg tonight with the intention of being in a social setting, would 10mg rectally be too much, or would it be a good dose? What about 5mg? Judging by what I've been reading here, I'd like to divide up my existing 80mg into 2 rectal doses of 35mg each for two strong experiences, and then use the remaining 10 for a lower experience. I'm just wondering if I'd get more utility and sociability out of 10mg rectally or 10mg orally.

I may also add 10-15mg amphetamine bassed on other recommendations. Any thoughts? I would be taking this in about 1.5 hours.

5-10mg should be cool, if I were you I'd do 5mg bumped and then bump another 5 about 2-3 hours in. If you can deal with the nasal burn.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on the qualities it has when insufflated? Especially if you've tried rectal/oral administration, what are the differences there? I mean I could probably guess most of them, but I'm just curious. I'd generally not a huge fan of snorting psychedelics. But rectal administration has really gotten my attention on this one.

My question now is, though, if I were to try 10mg tonight with the intention of being in a social setting, would 10mg rectally be too much, or would it be a good dose

Dear Xorkoth ~ I recomend 50 - 100mg simply because I am a female and have taken 100+++mg and been fully functional. Obviously at this dose I have also been quite capable of relaxing and going with the flow so to speak!!

I think that taking 10mg is a waste so if you don't want to increase the dose keep it for a time when you can so as to experience the beauty.

Yours tiredly ~ Mrs Bloody Zophen

Not that this is at all on topic... but the entire time I've been here, I've thought you were male, zophen! 8o

Must be the -en ending to the name, which tends to imply masculinity in my mind. Oh my!

Xorkoth said:
Not that this is at all on topic... but the entire time I've been here, I've thought you were male, zophen! 8o

Must be the -en ending to the name, which tends to imply masculinity in my mind. Oh my!

Twas my wife you loon.

Unfortunately for me, 90% of communication is nonverbal, and probably even a good 80% of verbal communication cannot be expressed fully through writing.

Henceforth, my understanding of this exchange has been rather limited. Until now. Heh.

But at least my original assessment of your gender was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.