Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winding Vines said:
With the higher dosages of 2C-D (75mg and above)...are the effects still short-lasting? I found 2C-D lasted no more than four hours, although it left me completely satisfied...this at around 40mg. No desire to dose more, or for it to have lasted longer. I do indeed enjoy the shorties.

In my experiences, it is still a short duration, even at the higher levels. The intensity and depth simply increases. It MAY take a little longer to completely come down, but it still drops off quickly for me.

I've had up to 75mg orally and 35mg rectally. I'm guessing it's at least 3x as potent when plugged so orally is a waste of good 2cd in my opinion. The 30mg+ range rectally is simply amazing. At these levels it is a completely immersive experience similar in depth to 2ce but still very short duration. It feels like it could be taken quite a bit higher and still be safe, but it is pretty damn intense already.

Winding Vines said:
With the higher dosages of 2C-D (75mg and above)...are the effects still short-lasting? I found 2C-D lasted no more than four hours, although it left me completely satisfied...this at around 40mg. No desire to dose more, or for it to have lasted longer. I do indeed enjoy the shorties.

My 100mg trip lasted about 6 hours with the help of a couple hits of weed here and there towards the end.

I did discover that when i mixed 25mg of 2C-D and 40mg of 2C-E that it lasts longer then either one by it self. It had me tripping for about 26hours. Another note is it gave the craziest patern i've seen. (it gave it to both me and my girl we both described the same thing)

I know this is an old thread, Whats the current legal status of this?? It sounds like something I would very like to try. Why does everyone say that teens wouldn't like it? I couldn't find the price of 2c-d in the official price thread this year or last.

I was never that much into psychodelic drugs (well just hadn't ever really tried one I liked except pot, then I tried dxm 2 times in the past week) I've been getting pretty into taking some shrooms that a new freind of mine has in his dads pasture.

I also love speedy drugs. They always make me be more open to people and confident.

Is this drug more speedy than psycodelic?? Whats everyons opinion? This sounds very INTERESTING!!!

Had to edit to ask how well this drug is in social situations?? Specifically wonering if anyones ever had sex while on it?? Can you go for hours like when on meth and x???

Thanks everyone, I've been trying to get my girlfreind to try some x with me, she says she knows people who've had to many bad rolls. Has anyone here ever had any bad experiences, if so what were they like??

Last edited:
Not strictly a trip report for 2C-D on its own, but for anybody interested in speedy/socializing effects, I'll post a link to my trip report on Erowid

2C-D/amphetamine trip report

I have to admit to 2C-D being one of my favourite psychedelics (that might be obvious from the trip report)

I recently tried 60mg orally that I'd made up using a pharmaceutical ion-exchange resin (Amberlite IRC-50 - a resin bound carboxylic acid) that's used for ion-exchange chromatography and for making extended release preparations of things like amphetamine. It felt like about 25mg of the hydrochloride, but lasted abot 2x the length (about 8 hours - quite a lot in common with 2C-P IMHO). If I had loads, this would be the way to experience it, but as I don't this was purely a one-off experiment in extending the activity of 2C-D.

i tried a small (~12mg) oral dose today to see how i react to this stuff.
Well i liked it alot. Now i gotta go get me one of those oral syringes and stick this stuff in my bum.

Cat Again said:
i tried a small (~12mg) oral dose today to see how i react to this stuff.
Well i liked it alot. Now i gotta go get me one of those oral syringes and stick this stuff in my bum.

Yeah, dissolving it in a bit of water and using an oral syringe works really well. Lately though, I've just been plugging the gelcap itself. At first I was wondering if it would work well or not and I really got my ass kicked. =D A gelcap will dissolve very quickly.

I did have one time plugging a gelcap when I really didn't get off on it well, but I chalk that up to the unpredicatble nature of 2c's, not the fact that I plugged the cap.

25mg plugged is a VERY nice ride and 30mg is even better. It starts to get pretty intense at 30+ though. All this activity in this thread lately makes me really crave this compound. I have to agree with previous posts, that at least currently, this is my favorite phen. The comeup (especially when plugged) is very fast and intense.

Let us know how it goes.

well 20mg plugged produced a ++ it got close to a +++ at the peak but never quite got there.
I imagine it is what 40mg oral would feel like.

I was by myself during the trip so i didnt experience any of the great conversations i hear are possible with this substance.
but music sounded great, i had energy to dance (but not disgusting energy like you get from 2c-i), euphoria and no body load except a bit of gas in the begining.

Overall i think this stuff is great and i cant wait to try a higher dose.

Cat Again said:
well 20mg plugged produced a ++ it got close to a +++ at the peak but never quite got there.
I imagine it is what 40mg oral would feel like.

Overall i think this stuff is great and i cant wait to try a higher dose.

Haha. Good to see someone else enjoying this compound. Definitely don't waste it taking it orally. Personally, I think 20mg plugged is a bit stronger than 40mg oral, but since I've only done that dose orally once, maybe not. I think it's about 3x stronger when plugged.

What did you think of the comeup with it plugged? It climbs like a damn rocket at the right dose. =D

I may have to have my final visit or two with this compound soon. I will miss this one more than any of the other 2c's...

Although I have yet to try "plugging" 2C-D (and I do plan on one day to 'see for myself'), I'd hardly call oral dosing of 2C-D a "waste." If 'plugging' produces the rapid onset I read about, then I can see this as a possible negative. In addition to leading to anxiety, rapid onsets can induce stronger physical side effects (of which thankfully 2C-D has very little of).

I got a lot with 40mg of 2C-D, and found the dose fully satasfying. If one has enough 2C-D for oral dosings...then it is hardly a waste to take it this way if a slower onset is what is desired. Personally with the 2Cs...I wouldn't want it any other way.

Thank you for those encouraging words, MGS. I feel the same way (before having tasting it), but with this thread I had started second-guessing my plan of approaching this compound slowly through oral dosing.

This question is for anyone familiar with 2C-D. I could not find the information in this thread.

I've taken it three times @ 5mg, 30mg, and 40mg. Very wonderful material...lots of depth, very rich all around. Shulgin dismissed it, but I think it't great stuff. Then again, Shulgin praises 2C-B...a material I find HIGHLY over-rated and over-hyped.

Anyway, I've not really tripped since summer 2004, and I feel it is time to get my feet wet again. So tomorrow I am going to go hiking in the mountains and trip. All of my 2C-D experiences were pretty much over by 4-5hr. THis is the main reason I choose it...as I have work Monday. We are leaving very early, so I am sure it won't interfer with sleep...never did before.

But what about higher dosages? To those who have who have taken 2C-D above 50mg...does it last longer? Or do high dosages fade away in the same length of time as low dosages?

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to decide my dosage.

MGS

gloggawogga said:
I've tasted this material at 35mg, 55mg and 70mg. Quite frankly, though this material does have its differences with 2c-e, I found 70mg of 2c-d to be every bit as deep and profound mentally as about 20mg of 2c-e. Maybe a little bit more stimulating than 2c-e but not by much. Its the heaviest 'tofu' I've ever eaten. With just a 4 hour duration and higher per dose cost it won't be too attractive to kiddies either, which is fine with me.

2c-e and now 2c-d now make me wanny try 2c-p.....

Hey MGS, that setting sounds perfect for 2C-D! A nice chill hike in the mountains with a spectacular view would be great! \

I've taken a wide range of doses of 2C-D and I feel like my "sweet spot" is around 50-60 mg's. I've gone a good bit higher than that, but I really enjoy the "fast up, and fast out" aspect of a dose around 55mg's. Now this dose for me is a genuine psychedelic experience and I can't understand how Shulgin dismissed it as he did. I've found the best way to take it is to dissolve it a small amount of liquid, perhaps in a shot glass and swallow! Then it gets going almost immediately for me and really peaks out at about the 2 hour point. Around the 6hr mark I'm 100% baseline and could sleep if needed. But yes when I've went above 60 mg's (as far as 75 mg's) the duration of the experience was longer but just by perhaps an hour or so.

Also, if you happen to have any MDMA laying around ;) , my god about 100mg's around the 3hr mark on 2C-D, is well, simply amazing.

Good luck with your experience!

Thanks, good to hear. Yes, I do feel so lucky to live here.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4033689&postcount=131

The pic on the bottom is where I am going to. That is called Caribou Mountain and overlooks North and South Arapahoe Peaks which are covered with the Arapahoe glacier...where all of our water comes from. We are the only city in the US to get all of their water from a glacier. It is so amazing up there. You don't even need to trip to be blown away.

I think I'm gonna stick with 40mg. That is enough for me to have a +2 experience, which touches +3 during the peak if I smoke pot. I don't want to jump too deep. It has been a long time.

Well off to bed, but anyone else want to help? :)

One has heard reports of experiences in 80-100 mg. range (oral) still being under 8 hours duration and usually around 6 or less.

Hope this is helpful.

I B

Even at 80mg I was pretty much 'down' in 4 hours, though I probably couldn't have slept if I had tried for another 2 due to residual speediness. The next time I do this stuff I'm gonna do 60mg and then 40mg 45 minutes or so later, basically to try to slow down the fast come up and stretch the duration a bit. The come up on 80mg was a little much for my body, in a strong stimulating sort of way.

I absolutely adore 2c-d, especially for the intellectual capability it seems to enhance. My question is, what the hell happened to it? It used to be all over the market, and now it seems like its gotten unpopular or something?

I know its fairly obscure, but I would love to see this one available again.

2C-D combines synergystically with the workings of an agile mind in a rather extraordinary way. i love psychedelic nootropics.

Took 2C-D (40mg plus what I licked off the knife) today with a good friend at his mountain home. Fantastic! Man, I really love 2C-D. He was also very impressed. I still cannot understand how Shulgin dismissed this one as 'tofu.' I think it is a true gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.