View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The study is in a book called 'Gateway to Innerspace', edited by Ratsch and published in 1990, I did scan and submit it to Erowid, but it never turned up on their site, I'll check through my files on my comp and if its still there I'll post it. Its written in the most impenetrable psychobabble, so its very hard to gather exactly what its saying or what it discovered for that matter, beyond the fact that all the subjects had a fine old time.

I have done experiments at the 40 and 50mg level. I fond 50 to be perfect and felt no need to go any more. While at 40, I felt it was a little light and I could handle more. I love this stuff and I am pretty sure this will be around longer than any of the others, it is expensive for the dose, thus no appeal to the "younger" crowd. I do have a TR on my 50mg dose here:

50mg 2C-D Blissful Reality

I also believe that nitrous was invented along side this chem, the two go hand in hand much too well :)

I've had some of this for a little while now and have planned on working with it some. It's just hadn't been real high on my list and other things kept getting put in front of it.

After reading the recent trip report and posts here, I decided to put it at the top of my list. Last night I tasted it at 50mg. Woo Hoo! I aboslutely love this stuff. The best part of it to me is that it's an intense, but still short-acting phenethylamine. I've read comments here to the effect of 'wish it lasted longer', etc and I have to admit I felt the same way when I started coming down last night. However, there have been so many times when I wanted to take something in the evening without having to stay up all night, and my olny choices were tryptamines. Well, not any more. :p

This stuff was very light on the body and pleasantly euphoric. Even at it peak intensity, it felt very safe. I was really surprised at the intensity of the visuals and the depth of the mental effects from a 50mg dose. The PIKHAL entry does not do this compound justice. In my opinion, this is a very well-rounded phsychedelic and quite a pleasure to experience. At the one point after a nitrous hit, the ceiliing of my office completely melted away and I was seeing the sky right through it. It was practically orgasmic in intensity.

My favorite phen still has to be 2ct2, but I have to admit I've not really explored 2ce to a satisfactory level quite yet. I have a feeling I will really like it once I do. My opinion may change after a few more experiences, but for now, this one moves into 'my favorites'.

Regardless of the cost/dose, this one is worth it to me. I am already looking forward to working with this one some more. I haven't decided yet, but my next dose will either be 60mg by itself, or a lower dose (like 40mg) combined with maybe 14mg of 4-AcO-MiPT or 4-HO-MiPT. I think this one will be extremely interesting in combination with a tryptamine or even another phen. It has very good qualities.

Take care

-gp

Re: German doses of 2 CD

at&C said:
I've got a paper from the 80's written by some German shrinks on the use of 2CD (they call it LE25) which recommends doses in the region of 150mg (shulgin mentions the same trials in Phikal). Just wondering if anyone out there had tried this sort of dose? According to the paper there were no illeffects at this level.

My next dose will hopefully be either be 50mg or 60mg. I can't even imagine a dose at 150mg, but it has been something I've been pondering since I've read about it.

I started at 40, and found 50 to be way better for me. I tasted 40 again last night, to compare the feeling, and there is such a large gap as far as the experience goes, and it was only a 10mg gap. I plan to test this again at probably the 50-60 level for the festive 4th of July. I may go up to 100mg but that may also be a little much for my fiance' to deal with me in that state... :)

Anyways, I have visioned a high mg dose ~100 or so, every time I taste 2C-D, and as much as I think about it, I will probably try it, but no time soon. I will make sure I am ready and my mind is ready too. When/if this happens, I will definately post a TR on a high mg experience.

Much love

I don't post very often, but I had to post about 2CD. I've tried it twice, both at 40mg. The first time was somewhat mild. I took it and watched a movie right afterward. I didn't smoke any weed until 3 hours after ingesting it. It seemed to be very clearheaded, very stimulating mentally, and with minor visuals. The second time, was very intense at the same dosage. The main difference this time being that I smoked weed as soon as I felt it coming on. I was floored. I had some of the strongest visuals I had ever had from any other 2C-PEA.

What is everyone elses experiences with 2CD and weed? Maybe weed heavily alters the trip with 2CD? I get the same type of increase in intensification and effect when I smoke weed with DXM.

kjb1891- I liked the synergy a lot with weed, and it definitely boosted the experience.

I am using low doses 5-25mg patterned after the Smart Drug claims by Lazar posted at Erowid. Its a low level, clear headed experience, over and done in 5 hours from ingestion to sleep.

I wanted something I could use on a weeknight and not be debilitated the next day, either by being fuzzy headed or drained from body load and lost sleep.

I work as a programmer, and I have found I am able to concentrate and retain well on 5-7mg, above 12 or so its not conducive to studying, but still excellent for creative work.

Also, I read a TR describing use with low level of amphetamine, and I found it effective even with just 25mg ephedrine HCL.

I'm 41, 185 pounds, and I am very fit. I'm interested in substances that give me a boost creatively with work as well as play, but don't debilitate me or require a commitment to journeying through ego abandonment and back unless I want it.

I'm interested in methylone and 2C-C in the near future.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see another report involving 2C-D in small doses combined with stimulants for cognitive enhancement. My experience suggests that this combination can be very useful; although, I think it may only work when the dosages of both are just right. Even then, there may be a lot of people whom 2C-D simply does not provide any cognitive benefit to.

Unfortunately, I ran out of this wonderful substance and I've experienced some difficulties replenishing my supply. I want to do a lot more personal research so that I can establish ideal dosages for cognitive enhancement.

So far, 5 to 7.5mg seems to be about right when its taken alone. Anything higher than this produces border-line visual effects and too much distraction to allow me to effectively apply myself. As it stands, the utility of this drug when taken alone is limited by an "attention deficit" sort of effect. The cognitive benefit from 7.5mg 2C-D alone was debateable.

Things got real interesting the few times I tried various doses in combination with chewed Coca leaf. The two drugs seems to compliment each other very well. I found that chewing 1g Coca (~5mg Cocaine?) right at the onset of the 2C-D actually seemed to smooth out the physiological side of the come-up. My heart-rate and blood-pressure seemed to calm down a bit, the stomach flutters disappeared, and my respiration returned to a normal rate (instead of being slightly depressed as it is with 2C-D alone). As the Coca set in, the ADD-like fog that I feel with the 2C-D completely lifted leaving me with a razor-sharp, crystal clear mind. I also tried smoking strong Cannabis an hour or two later and noticed that it increased the body euphoria some what, but had very little discernable effect on my mind. The effects tapered gradually over the course of maybe 4-6 hours with pleasant after-effects and no hang-over.

In my experience, Coca leaf is an ideal stimulant. It seems to provide a substantial mood lift, increase physical metabolism and endurance, and sharpen intellect with very few side-effects. I have found its effects to be qualatively superior to Caffeine, yet it lacks a crash of any sort.

1g Coca leaf chewed on its own provides moderate effects including some appetite supression for a few hours after which the appetite returns and the effects gradually taper over the remainder of the day. The stimulation continues for a long time, but it doesn't particularly interfere with sleep except that I usually require slightly less over all and wake up with subtle stimulating after-effects.

What are some other people's experiences with the 2CD+Weed combination? Weed enhances and increases the effects of any drug really, but with 2CD it was extreme. Try taking 2CD at a given dose by itself, then some other time do the same amount and smoke as soon as it comes on. Let me know how much of a difference there was.

How high was 2CD taken? - shulgin mentions into the hundreds of milligrams - I'll certainly be trying 100mg+ at some point - I would say the jump from 60mg to 80mg was not very great in subjective terms at all. Cannabis enhansed & distorted the effects but I can see little difference between that & the combined effects of weed with other such compounds

In my experience with almost all psychedelics, using Cannabis increases the body energy, visuals, and mind-fuck. It also tends to bring back effects towards the end of the trip after they would have otherwise passed.

With 2C-D on the other hand, I have found this potentiation to be less reliable. On my 50mg experience, the first hit of Cannabis, smoked 1.5 hours into the experience, did increase the visuals some what and pushed me into a +++ for a few minutes. Within about 15-30 minutes, however, I felt the overall effects dropping off already. My partner and I decided to resume hiking, but, I did take a few more hits of (exceptionally potent) Cannabis. Strangely enough, it had only limited effect. In fact, we both mostly felt a "smart-drug" sort of feeling that persisted until we made our way back to the car. By the time we got to the car at T+3.5 hours, I was barely at a + with only mild color enhancement. I actually felt substantially more sober than I would have with weed alone.

Later in the evening, smoking of Cannabis did bring about a different and stronger body-high, more closed-eye visuals than usual, and an unusually accelerated mode of thought. Characteristically, Cannabis + 2C-D seems to really accelerate my rate of thought.

As I mentioned before, either here or elsewhere, I believe that the intensity of the effects of 2C-D may be very set and setting dependent.

I did 125mg 2C-D in combo with 15mg 2C-E. About 4 times now.

The only negative effect I experienced was a little stiffness in the calves and lower legs after about five hours, and I was sitting at a computer the whole time, so it makes sense , it happens to me normally, but not so pronounced.
Riding my trail bike around the parking lot of the complex where I lived greatly relieved any cramping. ANd got a lot of stares...LOL

All else I can say is it reminded me of the blotter and gel LSD I had accesss to back in late 70, early 80's.
VERY POWERFUL. NOT FOR THE NOVICE. WORK YOUR WAY UP.

And I felt pretty good, just a little tired from lack of sleep the next day.

A trip report would be useless.
Beyond the mundane trappings of description!

20mg 2C-D:

Wonderful! So much more than I expected. Lovely flowing body feeling. Clear awareness, similar but not as intense as the diamond sharp thoughts on DOB. Definite stimulant substitute at these dosages.

I was not physically stimulated much, which is one of the things I dislike about the amphetamine class of stimulants. Lots of discussion and good humour, as opposed to the tense need to talk on amphetamines.

This was a ++/+++.

Definetly looking forward to going up to 30/40mg.

I can also see how there would be a wonderful synergy with pot.

Overall, a floaty, fluffy, clear headed, psychedelic stimulant.

2cd is strong when insuff'd. 15-35mg is enough for a moderatly strong trip, I can't deal with the drip/burn tho, not as bad as other chems I've put up my nose but becuz so much is needed rather than 5-10mg it ruins the experience somewhat. 100+mg is where the trip gets good. Redosing works well, I can maintane intensity by dosing another 30mg towards the end of the peak. I like 2cd alot but I was very surprised by 2cp and I know prefer that over 2cd. Probly bcuz I get more for my $ and it lasts longer otherwise I find the differences between thier effects minor.

I am planning on trying 2cd in combo with 4-HO-MiPT or 4-AcO-MiPT, but last night I gave it a test drive mixed with 2ct21 instead. I've read many times about how good 2cc is combined with 2ct21, so I figured 2cd might be pretty interesting as well.

I started with what were low doses for me if taken seperately. I took 8mg of 2ct21 and then exactly an hour later dosed 42mg of 2cd. This seemed to be pretty good timing for combining these compounds since the 2ct21 takes about 1 hour longer to peak for me.

Wow! =D

I was feeling the 2ct21 pretty well already at 1 hour when I took the capsule of 2cd. Normally I wouldn't notice the 2cd coming on very quickly, but perhaps the 2ct21 made me notice it sooer. I could feel the 2cd starting to kick in at only 15 minutes. It was weird becuase it felt almost completely different than either of the two compounds alone. It was very gentle and warm with a slightly introspective push. Good energy but still no bad body load.

It continued to steadily climb for about two more hours when it peaked. I'm guessing peak intensity was maintained for about two hours before it started to gently decline. Coming down was very slow and gentle compared to taking 2cd alone. With just 2cd, for me, once the intensity is over, it drops off very quickly. The combination with 2ct21 however had a much longer, more gentle and slow taper back to baseline. Very relaxed during the comedown.

The visuals (especially during the peak) were incredible. I didn't expect the visual intensity I got at this dose level and it had a nice, warm euphoirc body buzz. There was definitely some good synergy going on here. I enjoy 2ct21 in social situations, etc but it has never been visual for me other than some tracers and mild color enhancement. This combination of 8mg 2ct21 and 42mg of 2cd was much more visual than my 50mg trip of 2cd by itself. I am very interested in exploring this combination in higher doses. I think next time I'm going to try 10mg of 2ct21 and 52mg of 2cd. Also notable was that the 2ct21 added a nice amount of depth to the trip. So not only were the visuals better, the trip had much more depth and feel to it than 2cd alone. The primary letdown to me of 2cd is it's lack of depth, but the combo added enough to make it a well-rounded trip.

I did a few (well actually more than a few) hits of nitrous and damn! Absolutely incredible! I felt so damn good. The high point of the trip was during the peak when Queen's 'Who wants to live forver?' came on the MP3 player. I had never heard this song when trippping and was completley blown away. I turned up the volume, started it over again and did a few hits of nitrous. I felt like I went out of body and the euphoria was indescribible.

Anway wasn't trying to write a trip report or anything, but I did want to report back on the positive synergy these two substaces have with one another since I hadn't read any info on this combo before.

Take care

-gp

Not to drag a thread completley from the dead, but I wanted to post a little info here in case anybody else is interested at some point in the future. ;)

Since the availability of this and many other compounds is much more limited than a few months ago, I decided to try plugging 2cd. Much of what I've read show the phenethylamines are much more readily absorbed via the rectal route compared to oral.

Since this compound requires a relatively high dose (compared to other common PEAs) I figured the efficency of plugging it would help my dwindling supply last quite a bit longer.

As this was my first time trying the rectal route with this compound I played on the safe side and weighed out a 22mg dose. I figured even if it were 3-4 times as potent as orally, this would still be a safe dose.

The only other pshychedelic I've ever plugged was DPT. Normally, I dissolve my DPT dose in about 5cc of warmed water, load it into an oral syringe, and have at it. This time, I didn't even bother and just shoved the gelcap right where it needed to go.

Let me tell you, I've VERY pleased to say the least. :p I can't make an absolute potency comparison, but for me this dose was AT LEAST TWICE as potent as the oral route. I will never take 2cd orally again. Since my supply is limited and no longer readily available, dosing it in this manner will make it last much longer.

Since there is little to no information out there on plugging this specific chemical and the doses when doing so, I wanted to post a little update. I'm guessing at least twice (perhaps more) potency compared to the oral route. Next time I perform this ritual, I think I will bump it to 32mg in a gelcap. Since I have little expereince with this route/chemical, I'm not sure how the steep the dose/response curve is. I think it's prudent to assume that since it's more readily absorbed via the rectal route compared to oral, that the dose/response curve may also be more steep than the oral route. Perhaps not, but better to err on the safe side.

Take care

-gp

On rectal administration of 2C-D...how was the comeup? Is it slow, gradual, and gentle, as with oral administration? Or is the comeup much faster?

Thanks

Two things....

GP, a little tangent: at what dosages have you plugged DPT, and have you tried this route with any other compounds? Please feel free to PM me.

MGS - at what doses did you find the comeup of 2C-D to be slow and gradual? Maybe it's like this at lower doses, but from what I've heard, when pushed up toward 100 mg, it comes on real fast just like iprocin and miprocin. Doesn't last too long, either; about like iprocin.

Since it is short-lived, the issue of redosing is relevant. One report on Erowid says that it's not worth redosing since tolerance develops quickly. OTOH, I've heard varying reports on the efficacy of boosting:

- one person (male, 160 lb, hardhead), after an initial oral dose of 100 mg, tried snorting 10 mg to boost, felt the burn, then tried eating another 50 mg with no effects (maybe his mindset was ruined by the nasal pain).

- Another (female, 100 lb, moderately sensitive) boosted with 50 (after initially taking 80) and felt a nice boost, not a full restoring of the peak, but definitely something.

- A third intrepid individual (male, 150 lb, hardhead) took 100, boosted with another 100 after about 2-3 hours, and then took another 80 or so after a couple more hours. He said that maybe a little tolerance developed, but not too much. I don't know how safe it is to consume that much 2C-D generally, but he reported no ill effects. Quite the contrary; he and the others absolutely loved it. Smooth on the body with absolutely gorgeous visual effects.

The female who took 80 mg liked it the second time she did it, but the first time it came on so fast that it was a bit unsettling. This she attributed to the very fast come-up, which she had never before experienced with a psychedelic (previously had taken mushrooms, 2C-I and LSD). After the first hour it was obvious she wasn't going any higher, and she was able to relax and enjoy it.

I doubt that this compound is going to be very popular due to rarity and lack of milligrammage for the buck, but those issues aside, it is one of the best of the crop that was available pre-crackdown. If the reports comparing it to 2C-B are accurate, I can certainly see why 2C-B is so well-liked.

Last edited:
Dave Woodmont said:
MGS - at what doses did you find the comeup of 2C-D to be slow and gradual? Maybe it's like this at lower doses, but from what I've heard, when pushed higher (80-110 mg), it comes on real fast just like iprocin and miprocin. Doesn't last too long, either; about like iprocin.

Ok, it is a pretty fast come up with 2C-D. The material reminds me of 2C-B in that aspect, where as most of the PEAs I've tried will take a good three hours to really reach the full peak, 2C-B and 2C-D are fully developed at 1 1/2 hours. I guess when I said slow and gradual come up, I meant relative to one snorting it where it would be felt in under five minutes.

MGS,

I probably should have tried to note accurate time data, but I forgot to. I'm making an educated guess at the times below.

The comeup and development of the expereince was quicker than it was (for me) orally. Bascially as if the whole time/response curve were shifted to start much sooner perhaps?

By 10mins I had very strong first alerts. By 15 mins I could tell it was continuing to develop nicely at an accelerated rate. I'm guessing I was peaking by 45mins. Peak maintained for around an hours or so where it gradually tapered off over about 2-2.5 hours.

So to me, this was pretty cool. I had a pretty nice (still low dose) phenethylamine expereince and it peaked and was over in just a few hours. This has a lot of utility to me when somone doesn't have a entire day to immerse themselves in the expereince.

After doing a nitrous hit during the peak, I got lost in some pretty nice visuals. The CEVs were incredibly rich, even at this dose level. There's no way 22mg orally would have given me visuals like that. Next time I think I'm going to shoot for 32mg. Orally, I've tried the compound up to 70mg, so I'm interrested to see where 32mg rectally will get me.

DW,

As far as dosing DPT rectally goes, I've got three DPT experiences under my belt. All three of them are via rectal admin of the drug. I don't play with needles and would prefer not to snort the stuff either. So I have no comparison of the snorted/IM/rectal dose equivalents of DPT.

The first time I tried 40mg of DPT since it was my first time with the drug. I had somewhat of a tolerance I believe. It was a nice expereince, but I was not overwhelmed. I could defintiely feel the compound, but knew it needed to go much higher.

Second time I tried 70mg. This was pretty nice. Really starting to like the stuff at this dose range.

Third time I did 70-75mg DPT rectally with somewhere around 8-10mg of 4-OH-MiPT orally. Wow! =D This is an absolutely incredible combination. CEVs are beyond comprehension at this level.

So I'm really not sure where I want to go with my next dose of DPT. I am figuring it will probably be around 80-90mg by itself, or I will try the 70mg in combo with 10mg 4-HO-MiPT again.

The doses listed above should be relatively correct for what I've listed. My lab notes got destroyed, so I can look up date/doses for each compound anymore.

The DPT doses above are starting to get pretty good for me around 70mg, but I feel I can go quite a bit higher with them and still feel safe. So as time permits, I will likely try 80-90mg as mentioned and then also more combinations with 4-HO-MiPT. I didn't write a trip report, but I did post a somewhat length response somewhere here about my DPT/4-HO-MiPT combo expereience. It was so rich it was simply incredible. I believe it was one of the most profoud experiences of my life. I will defintiely do it again. If you like both DPT and 4-HO-MiPT alone, wait until you try a combo.
=D

Take care

-gp

A thanks for info

GP,

I'm in the same situation as you, as I have only about 150mg of 2C-D left, and was going to wait for a very special occasion to try again, but after reading your details of a rectal dose, I thought I'd give it a try.

What I actually tried this afternoon was 15mg of 2C-D and 15mg of amphetamine sulphate (recrystallized from street supply). I'd already tried 2C-D/amphetamine combo orally (report on Erowid under name Mantaraydrink) and was very pleasantly surprised. As you stated, it is more potent by this route, and the effects achieved was fairly similar to that obtained by oral route, other than it had a quicker onset etc. The only problem I encountered was that at about 10-15mins after administration, I had to resist a very strong urge to empty bowels, although I think that was mainly to do with the amphetamine (nothing so satisfying as emptying bowels after a dose of speed!). By 30 min mark, I was into a very quiet and serene mindset that lasted about 2-3 hours. There wasn't as rapid a drop-off as you stated, but that again may be due to amphetamine.
The weirdest thing though, was about 6 hours after dosing. I was still in a reduced version of the serenity experienced beforehand, and decided to watch the film Gladiator (terrestrial preview on Channel 4 in UK) and couldn't help breaking into fits of laughter at inappropriate points in film (Russell Crowe will now forever be Gluteus Maximus in my mind - laughing was not dissimilar to name Biggus Dickus in Life of Brian), and now I'm still in the tail-end of an almost opiate type state of mind, but still very awake.

I'm wondering if anyone else has discovered this property after combining 2C-D and amphetamine. I've tried other phenethylamine psychedelics with a small dose of amphetamine, and none of the others have ever produced the utter calmness, and stillness of mind that this combo has (just extends the effects of others), although amphetamine/2C-T-21 felt slightly like it might be going down that road.

It seems very strange considering some people state that 2C-D has pronounced stimulant properties on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.