• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is 90mg of Codeine dangerous??

ka3ajm

Bluelighter
I recently took 60mg of codeine and it did not do shit. If I pump the dose up to 90mg will I be OK? I dont want to end up in the emergency room becuase of respiratory shock or something.

Im very tolerant to opiates becuase I had been taking hydrocodones for mounths now.

With 90mg of codeine, will I get the euphoria?

yeah you should be fine, i normally take 130mg, and use opiates occasionally.

So 90mg would cause a bit more euphoria than a 60mg dose of codeine would, right?

IMO codeine is the worst opioid to chase after that euphoric feeling with. Most people I know who use codeine need to take at least 120 mg and that is with no tolerance; those with a tolerance are taking 180 mg to feel anything. I would try 90mg if you have the pills to waste and if that is not enough you can always increase the amount next time.

You should smoke some weed with any opiate to get a full feeling if you dont have that much or if you have weaker opiates like codeine. Codeine on its own its not that good....but in combination with some weed its quite nice and you can easily nod if you have enough codeine. I recomand you eat about 90mg-120mg to start with and try smoking a few puffs of weed.....

Codeine is slightly euphoric, but mostly you will get a warm, cozzy, and sedated feeling. I personally love Codeine, but if I am looking for a strong euphoria, I take Hydrocodone or Oxycodone. Codeine is especially good at night. 90mgs shouldn't be a high dose even for someone without a tolerance. I don't have much of an Opiate/Opioid tolerance, and I have taken 300mgs worth of extracted Tylenol 3s, and have drank whole bottles of Codeine syrup throughout a day.

If you have a tolerance to opiates/opioids. I would take 120mg-300mg. Codeine doesn't really feel that great, I start feeling the weak effects at 120mg. I need more than that to make the experience even worthwhile heh :D.

The maximum recommended dose of codeine is 360mg according to the PDR, and I have read this is also the maximum amount the body can metabolize in an approx. 24 hour period.

~C

Clonazaman said:
The maximum recommended dose of codeine is 360mg according to the PDR, and I have read this is also the maximum amount the body can metabolize in an approx. 24 hour period.

Codeine becomes inactive at that point, you will not OD.

ka3ajm, you just want to keep asking your similar (or exactlly the same) codeine questions dont'cha? Many of us have already recommended (from your previous posts) that you should take well above 60mg of codeine if that is all you got. 90mg will not send you to the emergency, not even near; 90mg won't even produce a euphoria if you have been consuming hydrocodone for months now. Look at a dose near 150mg and see how you feel.

Yea codeine plateau's after a certain point. And if you have a tolerance for hydrocodone, a significantly more potent and powerfull drug, 90mg of codeine is nothing. You should do a little more research. I believe that questions posted here should be those that are made after the poster has tried to do a search in the OD forum or archives (i realize the new searching format sucks, you cant search for something like "IV"). But in anycase, I think the person should make a reasonable effort to answer there own question before posting such a simple one as this. There is no reason why you cant find a dosage converter or equivolency chart so you can match your normal hydrocodone dose to its codeine equivolent.

^^^The guy already has a link to a dosage converter and equivalency chart that has been supplied to him by a few people on this board but he has OCD and feels the need to post whatever comes to mind...even if he has already asked it. No joke.

yeah 90mg is really not a lot for recreational purposes.... the best dose range for recreation is 200-350mg. Dont worry you wont die, you'll just feel a decent high instead of your measly 60mg. If you actually get strong effects off 60mg, then you're either very sensitive to it or its (most likely) placebo.
If you're this worried about taking codeine I suggest you just quit taking it or get some anxiety medication cause you seem to have some kind of panic disorder or perhaps OCD...

And why is this post not in Drug Basics???

Well... That is NOWHERE near enough. Thats for me that is. I doubt I have an opiate tollerance because i never take any. But doses of 450-600mg( had a slight tolerance then maybe) has got me pretty blizted. Weed seriously helps the buzz along. I had 350mg of it not too long ago and that was enough.

SkePPY said:
Well... That is NOWHERE near enough. Thats for me that is. I doubt I have an opiate tollerance because i never take any. But doses of 450-600mg( had a slight tolerance then maybe) has got me pretty blizted. Weed seriously helps the buzz along. I had 350mg of it not too long ago and that was enough.

Taking anymore than 350mg of codeine and it becomes inactive so you're wasting your time and 100-250mg of codeine. Seriously, move on to some better opiods.

This whole "take more than x amount (usually 3-400mgs) and it won't increase the effect" thing is not true, at least in my experience. I've often taken starter doses of 4-600mg, felt awesome, and then taken another 4 or 500 and felt even better. Apparently codeine blocks the enzyme responsible for converting codeine->morphine, so there's no point re-dosing. Again, CRAP! .. at least in my experience.. then again, I seem to have a weird relationship with opioids, so who knows..

When I was into codeine bigtime, I'd start with ~500-600mg and then boost it a few times until I decided it was bedtime.. this often led to total doses well over a gram, and I felt every extra mg over the 'limit' :)

K`dOUTinAZ is very much correct here.. You guy's all know that the opioid receptors only hold so much of an opioid.. ant at 350mg's of codeine is the max your receptors can hold..

I'd say find some better drugs but obviously if you have made this post about 10 times or so--from what everyone here is saying--- you can't get any better drugs.. so have fun with your codeine.. and go ahead and take it instead of posting about it, because someone is going to end up taking it before you do.. but remember.. if this is mixed with tylenol(like tylenol 3 or 4). do not exceed 4000grams of tylenol in a day--I said grams not milligrams-- or it will shut your kidneys down.., or this is what I've been told. And this is a terrible way to die..

and Skeepy.. stop waisting your codeine.

The Opioid Receptor said:
K`dOUTinAZ is very much correct here.. You guy's all know that the opioid receptors only hold so much of an opioid.. ant at 350mg's of codeine is the max your receptors can hold..

I'd say find some better drugs but obviously if you have made this post about 10 times or so--from what everyone here is saying--- you can't get any better drugs.. so have fun with your codeine.. and go ahead and take it instead of posting about it, because someone is going to end up taking it before you do.. but remember.. if this is mixed with tylenol(like tylenol 3 or 4). do not exceed 4000grams of tylenol in a day--I said grams not milligrams-- or it will shut your kidneys down.., or this is what I've been told. And this is a terrible way to die..

and Skeepy.. stop waisting your codeine.

Thanks for backing that up. I believe that you are not supposed to exceed more than 4000mg (4g) a day. 4000 grams would be 8000 tabs of Tylenol which, yes, would certainly kill you, but APAP becomes a hazard to your liver when you start exceeding that 4g a day mark.

Yeah, it's 4 grams (or 4000 mgs) of APAP. Damn, 4000 grams (that's like 8, almost 9 pounds, right?) would have you painfully dead in a jiffy. It would be pretty hard to let alone eat 9 lbs of APAP. I'd bet you'd be dead before you finished eating all 9 lbs of APAP.

Yowsa!

K'dOUTinAZ Your right.. After I made the post I headed to town and was thinking about that.. I was thinking and thinking.. and I knew I had gotten that wrong.. but thanks for reassuring me.. like I said.. Wasn't positive anyway, I was just told this, and as I thought about it. I knew I miss quoted them, when I got to thinking about how much it would take to get to 4000grams I laughed my ass off and said.. damn man that was stupid.. sorry for the mix up guys. But I knew .K'dOUTinAZ would fix my mistake on the tylenol thing.. but in the future will not post on what I read until I make sure I had read it right. but the receptor thing is quit right.. as was stated..

Don't matter if you think you are super opioid dude. It doesn't matter.. Your receptors can not handle 1000mg's of codeine.. This is why OD'ing on lower pain killers in near impossible. why do people always argue with science? When people say that I can take x amount above that, when it's not possible..

btw.. Thanks for catching that K'dOUTinAZ, I do appreciate it.

later,

The Opioid Receptor.