• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

meth binges

TranceNation said:
I think this thread is not in the interests of harm reduction. I have seen a lot of people go down for bingeing on such drugs as meth. Tell the world you have been up for XX amount of days and consumed XX amount of points is un-necessary

i like reading about this stuff..... :p

Some friends of mine had a sleeplessness contest about three years ago. It lasted 21 days. I should state that it wasn't strictly sleepless, but that they were limited to two hours' sleep per night and they had to be with friends (couldn't go home). Obviously large quantities of stimulants were the impetus for this contest. Neither of them went crazy at the time, amazingly. One of them killed themselves about a year ago due to amphetamine psychosis.

Sleep deprivation of this kind is extremely neurotoxic, meaning that yes, it kills braincells. I used to stay awake for long periods of time as I found it enjoyable but then I noticed my head hurting (physically) and have since toned it back significantly. YMMV.

I never was really that big a fan of speed. I've had it a few times, but as far as the quality of the drug in Adelaide, it's not particularly worth it.

I find that theres no real 'sensation' on speed except the uncontrollable need to dance. This is all good but I just can't take the day after, it really knocks me around for some reason.

Staying up for days on end on the stuff just doesn't appeal to me at all. I love my sleep, its one of my favourite things in the world to do. I've known a few people who have been on speed for a week+ and they just seem very agitated and difficult to communicate to.

Staying up for days on end on the stuff just doesn't appeal to me at all. I love my sleep, its one of my favourite things in the world to do. I've known a few people who have been on speed for a week+ and they just seem very agitated and difficult to communicate to.

I would imagine most people who have never taken speed think the same way. Because of this, I think this thread does in essence have a discouraging message that most people will relate to.

In relation to personal criticism in response to someones account; I think this is completely unnecessary, although considering possible past experiences or a lack of them, it is perhaps understandable. I have no doubt some of the comments on this thread, probably including my own, have stirred some emotional reactions. But it's far better if you present a reply or comment as shock rather than as a personal attack. The history and reasons behind someone using large amounts are not things that can be evaluated from reading a poster's comments on this board. It's much bigger than that, and therefore doesn't warrant a nasty response. exclamation maybe!

So let's not discourage people from coming forward with their stories. The thread hasn't gone too far down the "my dick's bigger than my font" path, so lets encourage discussion on the effects from prolonged acute use. I'm sure there will be more to convince non-users to stay away from meth, rather than attract them. At least there is an emphasis on the care required when using or thinking of using these chemicals. Such is the value of almost any "trip report" concerning the binge use of stimulants.

but WHY do you like to stay up for 5 days to 3 weeks???

For me, after one good dose of speed say a gram and then maybe a redose of something maybe a half a point of ice or something, everything after that just kinda keeps you awake with little or no euphoria - it just prolongs the agony of scatteredness.

Maybe I'm biased tho as I really don't like amphetimines much any more.

BTW whats so much more fucked about ice than normal meth???

The reason you are getting no euphoria rugged is because you are not smoking "ice" - more likely crystal..

Ice is a drug called 4-methyl-aminorex but due to ignorance it is used to refer to methamphetamine (crystal). Dealers tell people that the crystal they are selling is Ice to up the price of the crystal meth, so of course this guy buys it and tells everybody he knows that this meth is ice.

Ice has the white appearance of pure crystals, as opposed to the clear crystals of Meth which gave it names like "glass" and "crystal". Other names for Ice are "Euphoria", "U4Euh", "Intellex", "4-MAR" - so if you hear these they mean ice, not crystal.

The main difference between ice and meth is that ice works on emotions as well as the body. An ice experience resembles a low dose of MDMA in that it helps alleviate anxiety. It enhances that aspect of intellectual work that questions, probes and explores the unknown. It provides a lot more euphoria and it lasts for like 16 hours.. Its ment to make you horny as hell but i've never really experienced that myself..

Now if these dont mean anything to you dont worry about it :) the one on the left is the composition of ICE and the one on the right is the composition of METH

4-methylaminorex_3d_mid.jpg
amphetamine_3d_mid.jpg

Some of this information was my own and some taken from erowid.. if i'm wrong anywhere please correct me because Its annoying how people get ice and meth (even methamphetamines and amphetamines) mixed up.

Last edited:
You're right I am relatively clueless when it comes to this stuff.

BUT I think you took the term "euphoria" too literally. I mean that after a while my body just gets so tired and I feel so scattered, that speed or meth doesn't really keep me "up" or "high" anymore in general. the effects are minimal and only make me feel worse really.

I'd still love to know WHY people want to stay up for so long and a detailed account of how they felt, looked, after-effects etc.....

24.gif
the pics evandar. You are right in most of what you've said, and more can be found by searching this topic.

One thing is that while Meth is almost always what's sold as ice in Aus., it can be just as effective in keeping someone up for days on end. Yes the euphoria experienced is quite different for each substance, but make no mistake, meth in Australia can be found in a pure enough form to keep a non-user or infrequent user up for days complete with euphoria.

Also off topic - as is any discussion on 4-MAR in this thread - but one the main reason 4-MAR isn't around much, is because it's generally accepted that it would never substitute for meth - where the market would be. Apart from the few interested, it would probably never take off with E fanciers either, and isn't profound enough to stimulate any in-vogue mass attraction...but an analogue someday may....

As to why people stay up for dayz. I guess it's so personally related. When I start to feel tired, the last thing I'll usually do is have speed. I say usually, because there are times when going to sleep after a big party is not an option. For others the being scattered is part of the fun. For many, its undoubtedly in part due to the temporary swaying from responsibility and pressure, as thoughts are generally so unfocussed. Of course the following crash period usually more than compensates 8(

Last edited:
[Edit: "Ice" discussion removed. This material has been done to death and is off-topic in this thread. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
[Edit: "Ice" discussion removed. This material has been done to death and is off-topic in this thread. BigTrancer]

I don't really think it's a colloquialism per se... The term 'ice' was coined for 4-mar because in its purest form (ie just after manufacture) it shares an opaque appearance with frozen water...

IMHO, only a fool would place any special significance in the term 'ice'...

Enough O/T!

The longest binge I ever had was 3 days. Meth really isn't my cup of tea, and the recovery from it was nothing short of harrowing. It was the first binge I had, and the last...

rugged_ruff said:
I'd still love to know WHY people want to stay up for so long and a detailed account of how they felt, looked, after-effects etc.....

Me too...

Meth, just doesn't really appeal to me. For some reason, i dont get the same feelings as others do from it.

Give me mind-melting, lovey dovey, MDMA any day over meth.

For others the being scattered is part of the fun. For many its undoubtedly in part due to the in temporary swaying from responsibility and pressure, as thoughts are generally so unfocussed. Of course the following crash period usually more than compensates

P_D has it down pat, I'm definitely one of the 'others' he describes. I don't have bad crashes at all though.
After a long term exersize in applied denial I beat the comedown once and for all.

I'm with rugged_ruff. Why?

I actually think it may be a certain type of person that will stay up for that amount of time. Certain people can do it and even enjoy doing it. Others would never do it and probably couldnt if they tried. I wonder if people in each category share other personality traits? I have no doubt that they do.

We know there are people with addictive personalities - could the desire and at times it seems the "need" to do this be derived from something fundamental to the person? Even as fundamental as in their genes?

God knows.
But there must be something there. It cannot be just a desire to have fun or a need to continually administer a stimulant. Which for me decreases in effect rapidly as the day progresses.

The thought of longer than 48 hours with no sleep makes me physically ill; I could never personally do it and know I never will. I recognise that I do not like to take risks and have a high degree of self-control that occasionally makes me overly cautious and lacking in spontaneity.
Those traits can be both strengths and weaknesses depending on the context. With drug use and your health however I think a rational approach with harm reduction principles in place combined with some self control is preferred - if people feel that allows for 5+ day binges then so be it.

Last edited:
phase_dancer said:

For others the being scattered is part of the fun. For many its undoubtedly in part due to the in temporary swaying from responsibility and pressure, as thoughts are generally so unfocussed. Of course the following crash period usually more than compensates 8(

I can sorta see why. FOr me, that point at around 5-7 in the morning where you are half high and half coming down is a pretty amazing feeling sometimes. Its like all your emotions, thoughts and feelings disappear and you descend into nothingness (this is assisted very well by several big cones). Its not really enjoyable or uncomfortable, just nothingness which can be pretty cool. Space-time seems to become non-existent also, or at least less prominent in your mind.

But I can achieve that through one big night - the nihilism inherent in attaining that state through days and days on end of drugs and sleeplessness kinda scares me.

Ice can be fun, but people who continually toke the crack pipe point after point after point day after day after day, are really doing themselves harm. Like all drugs , things should be done in moderation. Consuming enough Ice to keep u going for 3 + days is not moderation, its silly and not in the interests of harm reduction or safety. So before people get on here and instantly want to argue with the points discuss, why don't you read the posts more carefully and realise that most people on here are only trying to look out for you and each other.

rugged_ruff said:
I can sorta see why. FOr me, that point at around 5-7 in the morning where you are half high and half coming down is a pretty amazing feeling sometimes. Its like all your emotions, thoughts and feelings disappear and you descend into nothingness (this is assisted very well by several big cones). Its not really enjoyable or uncomfortable, just nothingness which can be pretty cool. Space-time seems to become non-existent also, or at least less prominent in your mind.

But I can achieve that through one big night - the nihilism inherent in attaining that state through days and days on end of drugs and sleeplessness kinda scares me.
Three cheers for meth induced nihilism!
Oh wait, like all things, meth induced nihilism is meaningless ;)
TranceNation said:
Ice can be fun, but people who continually toke the crack pipe point after point after point day after day after day, are really doing themselves harm. Like all drugs , things should be done in moderation. Consuming enough Ice to keep u going for 3 + days is not moderation, its silly and not in the interests of harm reduction or safety. So before people get on here and instantly want to argue with the points discuss, why don't you read the posts more carefully and realise that most people on here are only trying to look out for you and each other.
Sweet fucking Jesus.
Newsflash TranceNation, no one does drugs 'in the interests of harm reduction or safety'.
They do it to have fun, escape, whatever.
If we all acted purely 'in the interests of harm reduction or safety', we wouldnt be taking drugs at all, and in fact our lives would be extrememly dull.
Do you think the skydiver jumps out of planes 'in the interests of harm reduction or safety'? Nope.
Harm reduction is about reducing harm, not entirely getting rid of it. We all draw our own lines on what level of harm reduction is acceptable to ourselves. I don't make value judgements on your choices, so don't make value judgements of mine or anyone elses.
Information on what harm can be done as a consequence of our actions is one thing, but constantly proclaiming the stupidity of those who draw a different line than you is counterproductive, and just plain annoying.

Last edited: