• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Ultimate Cannabis Grading Scale

They're not getting it, Morrison. =D

Hey, I like that. I'm calling you Morrison from now on.

screw this scale i for one would like to try the shit from "American Beauty"....that genetically engineered dope before i make any assumptions as to what is the best weed.

Also you forgot to leave out a major point, the high can very simply be affected by the type of score, i mean if you are waiting around for about 3 hours to get weed and then it ends up taking 5 hours then you really aren't going to care if its got a few seeds in it, and the high is gonna feel a lot better

but as far as scales can go on what we have our hands on at the present it is great. The "Dr Frizzantik Theory" :))

But you need a top rating, something that only comes along every once in a while....like an "S1 grade", which has no seeds, no brown bits, no leaf (grief), just light greeny/yellow shit, you need the yellow tips on the buds to reach this S1 (Special) chronic dope :)

Not a bad scale, really. but I'd say that rating of commercial grade Mexican ditch weed isn't even necessary. Maybe two sets of scales for both commercial and high grade (schwag vs. dank), that way there would be less chance of people using A1 for all their dank if C3 dank was "average" high grade outdoor/indoor/hydro/whatever.

in england when i buy skunk it never has an seeds in it, and normally most stalks have been taken out. so does this mean all skunk in the uk that i buy should be given A? If it had any seeds, where i come from it would be known as weed. dont know what its like in the US.

^ yeppers the uk seem to be pretty good on getting good weed looking, tasting and high.

I'm loving hearing the back and forth on the validity of "The Scale". While flawed (comparison testing et al) I'd say it's fine. The main problem is people's perception of good weed; cess/hydro, indica/sativa. Different strokes for different folks. Generally I'd say what I get is B3 or B2. I do think I've had at least once A1 though. Maybe there should be a super rating, the kind of shit you smoke outside the Gates of Heaven.

^^ thank you for your kind words and input, though i don't think we have to add another rating, A1 should be used as the super rating. many people keep bragging about their weed so if we make another "highest rating", people will be using that one more often instead of the A1 (wich is already used too much imo). the quotes beneath are very true and should not be forgotten when this scale is used, please do not overrate your weed..

Originally posted by Morrison's Lament
I am of the opinion that if we grade any really good weed - or even the best weed we ever personally smoked - as being A1... well... we kind of don't leave much room for improvement in the future, do we?

I mean - it's always possible to get a little bit better, so I would be extremely reluctant to use the number 1 over anything I have smoked - even in Amsterdam. Sure - one runs into some really tasty and nice smelling weed that deserves an A - but I think 1 should probably be reserved for some absolutely mindblowing insanity smoke

Originally posted by frizzantik
hehe i tend to agree with your assesment ML.. one problem is that if you have only had access to really bad mexican brick weed, any time you see some hydroponic light green nugs you'll think they're A1

thanks !!

:)

Northern Lights = A1
Very good smelling weed, with no seeds, stems etc... that still gets you pretty fucken high (stuff I would get), is still A2-3 in my opinion.

All fucked up

I see 2 ways that this scale works and am not sure which one it is.

A3 and F3 would be the same high and just different apperance?

Or A1 is the highest then A2, etc. and then B1 is just below A6?

Please help. I think the last one with 36 different possibilities for rating it would give a very comprehensive scale.

Peace.

Last edited:
the two scales are indendent of each other. a6 and f6 bud would look different but give you the same high. a1 and f1 would also give you the same high. a1 and a6 look similar but a6 would give you a fat headache while a1 would blast you into the stratosphere

Should there be more numbers. Most of the stuff I smoke is not 1 if 1 is the best shit ever, but it comes real close. maybe 9 numbers so we wouldn't have to mess with double digits. And I've never gotten close to as high or as good of a high off some dirt schwag as with some gorgeous nug. Can A6 and F6 really be the same high. I am not sure it works that way. peace.

291555_92_full.jpg

amsterdam big buds with purps. grade a or e for everyday? =D

Pimp Lazy said:
Should there be more numbers. Most of the stuff I smoke is not 1 if 1 is the best shit ever, but it comes real close. maybe 9 numbers so we wouldn't have to mess with double digits. And I've never gotten close to as high or as good of a high off some dirt schwag as with some gorgeous nug. Can A6 and F6 really be the same high. I am not sure it works that way. peace.

maybe everyone here is always getting the best shit ever.. but i really think more people are getting B than they want to admit. there's not shame in grading your bud B.. maybe the use of letters that people commonly associate with other things was a bad idea. B-grade is usually seen as not good but b grade would still be kind bud just not super duper sicky. c is still green just not super kind.. i'd even smoke d in a pinch.

like that pic up there is a B nug imo.. it's got quite a bit of leaves and not a ton of trichomes. i mean i'd still be stoked to smoke it but it's not a grade imo

soon we're going to have some fun with this scale.. stay tuned =D

Last edited:
i dont claim, im in so cal, its only natural, i know what i get. =]

hmmm I think every pot smoker I met, thinks he can get the best shit. Especially true for all slangers...

BTW i live in socal too...

steeb said:
i dont claim, im in so cal, its only natural, i know what i get. =]

haha i used to live in so cal and thought i had the bomb till i moved up to norcal.. then i realized there are so many grades of green bud.. on the scale above A,B and C are all green bud and most would cosider worth smoking

anyone that can get amsterdam big bud, candi kush, and og kush on a regular basis.... makes u wonder no??? anyone in so cal that doesnt believe me can hit me up, lets blaze

names mean nothing.. real love, time, and care have to be put into an A+ nug.. go check out overgrow.. some pics will make the average coffeeshop nug look like shwag