• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

what color is pure heroin?

Lazarus666

Bluelighter
Hey,

What color is pure herion? I think it's crystal white like salt, but i've never seen any.

So why is it always brown, even in the movies where the dealers claim they have 'pure'?

Tar heroin is brown. Needless to say, it's highly impure. Not all movies show heroin as brown. As i recall, the heroin in Pulp Fiction was white. It was so white that Uma's character thought it was coke and snorted it.

Tar heroin is black... the powder/rocky stuff is brown. i dont do smack, but ive never heard of brown tar.

Like said by others, pure heroin is white powder. This doesnt mean white colored heroin you buy somewhere is pure. Pure heroin is generally not sold to users, and is usually cut to at least some degree by the chemist after making it. If a chemist is bothering to refine it to heroin #4, they would most likely have the sense to immediately cut it, and it would without a doubt be cut again when sold by the distributer. Pure heroin on the street would be a disaster. But, there are forms of brown rocks, which turn into powder, that can sometimes be very powerfull and potent, but not pure by any means. And tar heroin comes in different colors, black, brown, and reddish, and varies greatly on consistently (some is very soft, others is very hard). In general, soft tar heroin is brownish-red and is good for smoking, and hard tar is black and meant for injection or smoking (it is rough to smoke), but there are occasional anomolies (ive seen some very soft dark black stuff, and hard brown tar).

"Pure heroin on the street would be a disaster"
In the mid/late nineties in Melbourne, police siezures showed street bought heroin was approaching purity levels above and over 90%.
Needless to say, it was all grade 4 white rock.
At that time, Melbourne had the highest heroin OD's per capita in the world, or so they said..

No4 as Steve said was a disaster. In the UK this was true for users dealers and suppliers because so many ppl died through OD from Pure white. Therefore, in the 1980's No3 (ranges from dark brown - off-white) hit the streets. This is the third stage of production and in chemistry terms is "basic" AKA alkaline and is usually 50% of the strength of No4 which a salt - acid (diamorphine Hydrochloride). No 3 was perfect for smoking so less ppl would die from IV No4. However, many IV users soon learnt to make No3 dissolve by adding an acid (eg citric/vit c /lemon juice etc).

You many wonder why they would bother about deaths and IMO there are 2 reasons for the introduction of No3. Firstly, deaths attract more "heat" from the authorities. Which obviously isnt good for business. And secondly, it means less time/money in production: 1g of No3 yealds about 300-500mg of No4.

No3 also was a gr8 marketing tool - it meant you could just snort or smoke, no nasty needles. This IMO created new markets among ppl who would normaly take this type of drug.

No4 is still manufactured for mainly the Asian markets. And also the licit pharmacuetical business. In the UK a few addicts get prescribed this but its main use is in pallatative care (eg dying cancer patients). see link:

http://bnf.org/bnf/bnf/current/doc/3521.htm

Australia still only has No.4 as far as I know, it is however of considerably less purity than it was during the heroin boom of the mid/late 90's.

White powder, possibly like the infamous white china shit? Supposedly the bomb but sometimes can be fentanyl

dont know what pure looks like cuz never had any but raw dope is as pure as u will get can come in white, brown lite brown,

Yea china white is alpha-methyl-fentanyl, along with those fentanyl strips.

Oh, and i said "Pure heroin on the street would be a disaster", if you read my post, steve was simply quoting me..........

Philly badlands used to have heroin above 90% purity all the time, pure heroin wouldn't be a problem though, but inconsistent purity ranging from 20-80% on a daily basis would KO a ton of people. I have gotten bags that after snorting half of it I puked, when usually I would snort 1 or 2 bags at a time. I often wonder how often people die from the spikes in purity, ahh well they should have been more responsible and tested a small amount instead of baning 3 bags at once. Also shouldn't use alone, and should always have a supply of Narcan around for your friends to use so you don't have to call 9-11. Shooting up drunk isn't a very good idea either, though seems to be a quite popular way to die in the drug culture.

So why is it always brown, even in the movies where the dealers claim they have 'pure'?

Because the movies are mimicking real life where every drug dealer in the United States claims they have pure stuff when in reality they don't know what they're talking about and they're just trying to make some fast paper.

pitbull27 said:
philly got morph and it aint shit nomore
Thats what I have heard because of cops cracking down on it. Didn't know they had morph though.