• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

simple tests for meth purity

sUbStAnCeAbUsE411

Bluelighter
Does anyone have a lot of knowledge on how one can determine how pure a batch of crystal meth is by burning(vaporizing) a small amount. Some so called "ice" was said to be highly pure, but when burned, the residue seemed to be useless after maybe 2 or 3 resmokes of it. It also started to taste and smell nasty as hell. Looking at it through the glass pipe bulb while lighting it up, the darkish residue seemed to be burning rather that vaporizing. Sometimes the crystals will melt and turn slightly bluish or greenish as well on the first hit or two. The batch referred to is made up of extremely large crystals, which would seem to be hard to cut...was wondering if what I described means that this could be methcathinone? or badly cooked, or if it was cut with something. Are there any cooking ingredients that would make this meth smell nasty when one smokes the residue? The first hit or two vaporizes and produces a milky white and very slightly light brownish residue upon recrystallization, which is a characteristic of high quality gear...any thoughts on if the fact the residue becomes nasty quickly could mean that this is just a batch of water based meth instead of oil based? Thanks for any input

Well, you actually ask a rather complicated question...

Now most meth will have some salt left in it from the acidification step, unless it was well recrystallized a FEW times, but many cooks won't go the trouble (I wouldn't, recrystallization of any solid is a bitch). But really, a small amount of salt is not a big deal, nothing to be worried about. When salt-containing meth is smoked properly in a pipe, there will be a white residue (this residue does NOT look the same as the white cloudy coating that builds up along the length of the pipe, I am referring to the residue just where the little pool of meth was vaporized from). Leftover salt/acid can sometimes tåste a bit acrid as well, ESPECIALLY TOWARDS THE END OF THE HIT.

Now, you notice I said 'smoke properly', well I have seen many people waste quality meth by holding the flame too close and not rotating the pipe...thus they BURN the meth before it can be vaporized. Also, if you smoke the meth as a powder (i.e. you don't melt it down into a clear pool first) then you will most likely burn it. And so you will see brownish-blackish residue in the pipe that is NOT due to impurity but due to you burning the meth....

If you have meth that tastes nasty, or is any colour but white/clear, you can be sure it's somewhat impure.

I don't know how experienced you are with smoking meth...I dont know how big your hits are but a small pool of meth will usually only give me 2 hits...and yeah, burning any leftover residue is nasty as fuck, and inevitably has some burnt stuff in it.

Generally though there are MANY possible impurities in meth that taste nasty and leave a residue...impossible to tell what most of the time though.

If after a few hits you can't see any clear liquid in the spot of the pipe where you melted down the meth, then don't smoke it more....that spot is done.

Crystals turning greenish or bluish is NOT a good sign, but I'm not sure what could be in there based on that.

It doesn't necessarily sound like methcathinone, you would have to determine the type of drug by the effects of the high, although I haven't ever seen methcat crystals.

It is possible you had 4-methylaminorex, which is a rare drug, but can be sold as ice and comes in big chunks and is fucking foul to smoke.

Regarding 'oil or water based', um, I'm not sure who told you that rubbish but yeah, that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Meth vs. Methcat

well this is my second post here my first one was dedicated to figuring out what the hell was causing the so called "crystal" I had just bought to smell like shit and burn all nasty. Up to this point fairly pure/high grade crystal is what I have always run across and after reading through a grip of threads on methcat it appears this is what I have. I am not 100% sure, so if anyone could confirm based on my report what it is I would appreciate it. First of all, it came in extremely large rocks(some over an inch long, estimated weight at at least a gram or so), which seemed to more of crumble when one breaks them into smaller pieces, as opposed to chipping off. The smoke produced from smoking this is nasty, some threads say methcat smells like fruit...guess it smells kind of like fruit except all rank and shit. It looks more like smoke rather than vapor too. Also, upon the first smoke session of the new batch, ears got stuffy, head just felt kind of stuffy and clogged up, almost like a stoned type feeling. It in a way is almost easy to sleep when one is on it. People on here talked about needing to smoke a lot of it to get high, and yes that is definitely true with this batch, either that or personal tolerance has increased about 300% overnight 8o . But anyway does anyone know of a way to tell for certain? i.e. if this is pure methcathinone...unreacted ephedrine....meth cut with methcat...or..? The crystals, when melted, tend to turn light brownish and whitish residue, as does reg. meth. After a few hits though, the recrystallization seems to turn into more of an unsmokable burn mark. It gave somewhat of a more euphoric effect than crystal seems too, thoughts also racing around a bit more...although not really an "angry" high as some have described it. Also, how damaging is methcat compared to meth to a person in terms of side effects, like speed bumps, etc. And is it possible to tell apart crystal meth from methcat by looking at it? And if anyone knows any info which I did not address dont be shy :) Wondering if this shit is any good or if it should just be thrown away

Please do not start a second thread on the same topic...

To be honest it just sounds like you have weak shitty meth, possibly with some unreacted ephedrine (btw, meth can be very weak without being cut, it all depends on the rxn conditions).

It doesn't really sound like methcat to me...

HOW LONG did the high last?

Wasnt really the same topic and I was posting in hopes of finding some advice that is more specific instead of advice like "if it turns green or blue its bad"

Yep, it really is the same post, even though you worded it differently. Realize that you are always free to change the title of your thread if you desire.

I don't think you understand just HOW MANY impurities can be in meth...

and perhaps you dont realize that there are other smokable crystal form substances that are in fact DIFFERENT FROM LOW GRADE METH

Ok someone besides this person post a reply if u will. Another extremely annoying effect of this crap just now noticed is that it recrystallizes residue EVERYWHERE!! Nnoticed brown residue crystals in the bathtub after smoking in the bathroom, and it seems to recrystallize down the esophagus when inhaled, also after taking a crap there were a bunch of residue crystals in the toilet and the turd smelled like the burning smell of the substance. Now I have not heard of this effect being possesed by any stimulant, as I was under the impression that recrystallization could only occur in a fairly dry environment. It produced a warmish high that went away quickly when smoked. Has anyone used a substance that did any of this? Any additional (HELPFUL)info would be appreciated-as in any info coming from someone other than that ngro twak

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, tell me how long the high from this stuff lasts and I might actually be able to help you.

If you provide useless information you will not get the most useful responses.

And if you want to be rude, do it elsewhere.

No offense, but substance, you do not sound like you have smoked meth before, so you do not appear to be in a position to gauge the identity of the drug in question.

Meth DOES recrystallize everywhere, like crazy.

Neither methcat, meth, or 4-MAR 'recrystallizes' in the esophagus, these substances are water soluble and so simply dissolve into your tissue.

If you think that you are seeing methcat crystals in your turds (as you told me over pm), then it really sounds like you have been smoking METH, as meth is well known to cause hallucinations and such, especially if you are sleep deprived. But there is no possible way that there could be methcat, meth, or any other type of drug crystal in your turds, ESPECIALLY if you were smoking the substance.

How long were you awake for/how long was it before you could sleep?

I have smoked every stimulant on the planet that is smokable (and even some that aren't) and I am well aware of the fact that not only meth is smokable. However, that does not change the fact that what you have simply sounds like low grade, dirty meth. I'm sorry if you find that unexciting, but it is by far the most likely possibilty based on the little information you have provided me with.

You can also tell how good the stuff is if you take ur glass pipe after u burned it once and look at the crystal patern under a black light, when its cooled off in solid form.

freezing cold acetone washes are a key, to cleaning some of your meth.

i usually soak mine in acetone in the freezer, works like a charm to remove a high percentage of 'removable' substances....

the meth will remain, this is just wash step, you can even dry the acetone to see what/how much buff was used.
*roughly though, it doesn't make it PURE.....

kthx

NegroKitty: This person has seven posts - about four or five are totally meaningless abuse being hurled around for no constructive reason. I suggest the ignore function ;)

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:
NegroKitty: This person has seven posts - about four or five are totally meaningless abuse being hurled around for no constructive reason. I suggest the ignore function ;)

--- G.

TYPICAL BEHAVIOR of the "moderators" LOLOL, **sigh** you know what they say about good help nowadays...

substance: Typical behaviour? You registered a couple of days ago and immediately starting hurling abuse at the mods.

Try showing up at an Irish bar one day and start hurling abuse at anyone Irish - you'll probably find that aggressive and hostile behaviour is "typical of the irish" ;)

People treat you how you treat them - relax and you'll have a fine time here and get all the info you need :)

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:
substance: Typical behaviour? You registered a couple of days ago and immediately starting hurling abuse at the mods.

Try showing up at an Irish bar one day and start hurling abuse at anyone Irish - you'll probably find that aggressive and hostile behaviour is "typical of the irish" ;)

People treat you how you treat them - relax and you'll have a fine time here and get all the info you need :)

--- G.

Well now if I recall correctly, the first "trouble" I ran into here was caused by another moderator, hence the typical remark...and on more thing-this aint fuckin Ireland I live in the United States

Well, this has been mentioned, but crystals are NOT hard to cut. I once had some crystals that were nothing but cut!

sUbStAnCeAbUsE411 said:
Well now if I recall correctly, the first "trouble" I ran into here was caused by another moderator, hence the typical remark...and on more thing-this aint fuckin Ireland I live in the United States

sorry mate but your a complete fucking idiot! I would usually agree that mods are usually "preety ordinary" to say the least. Negro-Kitty on the other hand has done nothing but try and answer your question and you have been little more than be an abnoxious turd!:p

Last edited: