• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Pure THC

Thelazer said:
You can not do a "Synth" on THC... what the hell are you smoking anyways? jeez, where is Phreex when you need em!.

Now, your paper may be soaked in hash, or honey oil that may very well be almost 99% pure THC. I'll give you that, but you just can't mix up some chem's in the lab and get THC as a result. If it could be done, I REALLY doubt your in a position to be able to obtain it. Unless you have some very good connections to a govt or research lab..

Exactly - and even then it would be pure INSANITY to synth a substance that is so widely available and easy to extract! It literally grows on trees - there is almost no conceivable way synthesized THC would ever find it's way onto the market - and anyone that tried would lose a lot of money.

--- G.

marinol is said to be a synthetic thc... which makes me think it was synthesized.

but extraction seems like a much better idea

Yeah, I believe that is due to concerns over standardization and legality arising from large-scale extraction. Also - with Marinol you get ONLY delta-9-thc and none of the other cannabinoids we all know and love from smoking actual cannabis - I assume extracting a pure form of that chemical is a lot tougher than simply getting all the cannabinoids into some kind of chenical solution and evaporating it (like honey oil).

However - for any practical purposes other than getting FDA approval for a new medication - synthesis makes no sense at all...

--- G.

Why would anybody go about making a synthesis of any of the chemicals we know as Research Chemicals? There's hundreds of chemicals in Cannabis that have yet to be explored. For a plant that so many of us use we know next to nothing about just what chemicals contribute to the high we get, or what those chemicals do on there own. Delta 9-THC may be the widest known, but it is only the tip of the iceberg in the chemistry of cannabinoids. Peace, Spinal

are we even sure its just the thc that gets us smashed in weed? I mean isn't Marinol not suppose to give you a buzz? and with all the chems in weed can we really narrow it down to just one that produces the effects?

i don't like the high i get from just thc, like from a vap.

wouldn't even call it high really, maybe zapped....or something.

LOL, pure thc? yeah right....you probably had honey oil which is between %40-70 thc depending on what kinda bud used, and how well of an extraction process the person did. you would have to be a fuckin chemist to obtain pure tetrahydrocannibinol. even marinol isnt pure (which is gov't shit)...

Marinol is delta-9-THC in sesame oil, as a carrier...seems pretty pure to me...

Last edited by a moderator: