• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Slang

Ganja.. yes... I have a feeling it originated from Japan? Well it seems all the Australian Japanese over here call it that.

Yep

If you listen to Marley or Tosh they say ganja all the time. There are many songs that talk about legalizing it too :D. "Legalize it, Legalize it, legalize the herb of creation… the ganja herb…"

Good stuff.

Well here in East San Diego (Tha 'Hood) like in my old high school we used to use the term Fruits when we were near security, teachers and other adults. I use the word Dank, weed, KrOn, herbals and my favorite some good shit!! never heard of headers or beasters used in southern cali or Schwag for that matter i heard that first time from some dude online. I

It sux cuz i cant find any B.C. weed around here. If anyone from San Diego California knows where i can score some msg me, post, email or catch me on AIM.

"Cone" and "Bowl" are terms that people often confuse, they are not the same thing.

With a cone, you shred you weed VERY fine. A standard cone (medium size) will only hold about 0.1g of marijuana/tobacco. When you smoke a cone, you must pull the whole thing in one breath, clear the chamber and leave NOTHING in either the cone or the chamber then pass it onto the next person. I agree with all other Aussies, if someone passed me a bong with a half smoked cone... I probably wouldn't laugh, I would be more pissed off.

My friend did buy a "Bowl" though, and one of the more hardcore smokers in our group attempted to pull it like a cone. He loaded it up with roughly 0.7g (1/3 full, 70/30 - weed/tobacco mix) and managed to smoke half of it before stopping and nearly blacking out because of the intense head rush. It was funny to observe, because he had never heard of a "Bowl" and how Americans smoke a bowl, hence he expected to give the bong back with an empty "Bowl" after one hit.

I found it very interesting at the time, probably because we were doing 4 - Shooters (4 cones, you do all of them in one breath), and I was insanely stoned. I hope I cleared up the "Cone" thing for the Americans that didn't know. Could an American please explain in detail how you's smoke a "Bowl", include how much you put in, how fine you shred it and what the general ettiquete is?

hehe, the other day we were watching peterpan, and the part where the indians kidnap them came on. i swear it sounded like the indians were chanting "all about the ganja"! it sounded more like "allaboudaganja", but i thought that was so funny.

Chubba: I'm an American. No, I'm not proud :)

A bowl is typically about .25 grams to .5 grams, and refers to both a measurement of the weed itself and the pipe, as the two go hand in hand (as in, a bowl is a part of the pipe, or a bowl's worth of weed). Some people will naturally pack more in a bigger bowl, and I've even heard someone refer to 2 grams in a very large pipe as a bowl.

It is up to the owner of the weed as to how he wants to pack it. Some people like to take a few little chunks and fit them together in the bowl. Some people prefer chopped up bits that they can stuff in the bowl. Others just crack off a piece of a nug that fits more or less and cram it in. I prefer the first two methods as the last one burns shitty.

Owner takes the "green" hit, or first hit (cause the unburnt weed is green.) He can pass himself off to be nice and let someone else have the first hit. Around here, the first person to hit always lights half the bowl, saving half of the green for the next person, but these types of practices are nowhere near standard and change from town to town, state to state. Some ignore the green concept altogether.

Take a hit off the pipe, send it to the left or the right. I've always preferred the motto "right is wrong", so I send it left. It goes around until it's ash, and the next person who wants to pack some can go ahead.

For bongs, you still pack a bowl's worth, but it only makes it through about two to four hits and then it's gone. I prefer pipes myself. Double hitting a bowl isn't cool (as opposed to a joint), and there are all sorts of chances for the inexperienced to mess up and look silly (like flipping weed in the bowl when one side is ash and dropping it, or coughing and blowing weed out of the bowl).

Not much else to say... except... i love.. weed! :)

Last edited:
Splatt said:
Ganja.. yes... I have a feeling it originated from Japan? Well it seems all the Australian Japanese over here call it that.

...India...The Jamicans used the Indian term. And I mean Indian Subcontinent India.

Well you learn something new everyday. Today I learned that you can use a needle for pumping up sports equipment as a 'one-ie' and the thing about where ganja comes from or the term at least. Do people use the term one-ie for small bats or tiny pipes?

Oh yeah

Greening the bowl is definitely in practice amongst my friends and I. I am glad to finally get cleared up on that cone and bowl theory. But… if you pull the flame down the side of the bowl (the inside of course) you can have green hits until its almost gone.

Sherbulator- Sherlock Bubbler

Just heard that one last night.

piece- smoking instrument (usually means handpipe)
dojah- marijuana
ganj or gange- marijauana
blaze- to smoke said marijuana
blazed- really stoned
baked-stoned
burn one down-smoke pot or cigarette
sack- one supply of marijauna
hook up- to procure (i.e.-"im gonna go hook up a sack and blaze, you down?")
cali-carb - refers to the type of bong or bubller that you pull the bowl fully out of to clear
"O"- ounce of marijauna (or half o)=half ounce
zip- ounce
Q.O.-quarter oz
bowl- the glass piece of a bong you pu tthe herb into NOT to be confused with:
Stem- glass liner in bong you slip the bowl into

For the a-grade nuggets, my buddies and i use "headies", "skrilla", "dankage". "skrilla dank", "stank", "dosier chronic", and for a 'sack' of herb, usually in the oz. amount, ive used 'diggity-dankity-snip-snap-sack'...'fire' is another one we use a lot here in tennessee. we also use the term 'smoke', but not quite as often (as a noun)... for a fat joint, we use "chonger", a skinny one is a "pinner" or a "pincher"... a bowl we sometimes say "bizzie" or "pack-a-bowlio"... the bong is a "bizong"... when i go up to north central ohio, my buddies up there say "hooter" for a bowl, but they're all rednecks....