• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Slang

nah, in america, the part of the bong/pipe that holds the weed is called the bowl. "smoke a bowl" means that theres weed in the bowl, and your gonna smoke it.

the word cone isnt really used on the streets. it would mean a conical shaped joint in the places where it is used.

That explains a lot. Why the hell would you call it a bowl? A bowl is somthing you eat cereal with a fucking spoon.

well a cone is something that you put icecream in. stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

I know that this isn't totaly related but while i've got some other aussies present do you all mix tobacco with your weed when you smoke it? It sounds to me like a lot of people don't. Is this just an aussie thing or do other countries do it too.

I'm Australian and the first time I smoked weed I 'spun' it (put tobacco in it) and I always figured that's the way everyone does it. I don't smoke cigarettes and when I first had it without tobacco I thought 'holy shit...mixing tobacco with weed is the stupidest thing ever.' Smoking it green just makes it so much easier to smoke for me, I can powerlung all night long.

Also it's not all of Australia that spins their weed...people in the ACT and NSW do but most of S.A doesn't...I don't know about the rest of the country. People think it makes the weed burn hotter and hence gets you more wrecked for the quantity of weed, but I think that is bullshit because the temperature at which THC vaporises is lower than burning, so if anything you want it to burn less hot so you get less of that shitty smoke into your lungs and the same amount of beautiful cannabinoids (hence the use of vaporisers).

Also as an aside note with bowls, why do I see people referring to 'passing a bowl around'. Does that mean you pack a cone (bowl) and then everyone has a toke out of it? Because I know here in Australia if you pass the bong to the next person with any weed left in it you are asking to be laughed at. :)

From reading this board I've deduced that Americans say "bowls", Austrailans say "cones", and Europeans sometimes say "cone" or "bowl", but for the most part are less schooled when it comes to pipes/bongs and their general terminology.(Sorry all you Eurotrash, it's just my observation.)

This is explained in the Slang MEGA thread. There's no real reason to keep this open.

Just for the record, alot of Aussies do "spin" their weed with tobacco. I only spin hydro though. Just makes it easier to rip down a big cone or 5. Tobacco smoke is only harsh on the way down.. it doesn't burn your lungs like weed smoke does.

MaliceNwunderland said:
Europeans sometimes say "cone" or "bowl", but for the most part are less schooled when it comes to pipes/bongs and their general terminology.(Sorry all you Eurotrash, it's just my observation.)

We are the spliff people! Take us to your leader! =D

--- G.

Hang on, I was under the impression that we mix Tobacco with the weed so it will burn well. Like without the tobacco wont the weed if it is a little bit wet or something be really hard to burn?

heh, i need to take a trip to australia... if you dont all roll splifs or 'spins' i guess... especially if you hand a bowl *cone* and expect to get it back empty.... i love when i have the herb to do that or when im around people that do that........ only a very select few *mostly people i meet through uncles and aunts, not many 'kids' my age are all that cool or whatever you wanna call it*

DeMenTia02 said:
a cone is what you pack your weed in to burn.

a bowl is what you put your weed in to *chop* it up ..

I'm in the US and a bowl is what you pack your weed in to smoke and we break up and chop up our weed on what we call trays (eating tray/cd case/table/etc) unless we use a grinder or etc..

KROG said:
Hang on, I was under the impression that we mix Tobacco with the weed so it will burn well. Like without the tobacco wont the weed if it is a little bit wet or something be really hard to burn?

if your weed is too wet to burn, you're buying some expensive water. i have no problem burning pot without the aid of tobacco. im pretty sure tobacco is mostly used to conserve the pot without reducing the amount of smoke.

i'm in Qld and i detest smoking spun gear... gotta keep it nice and pure, but that said i do know people who always spin tobacco with their mull, but i also know lots of people who don't

frizzantik said:
if your weed is too wet to burn, you're buying some expensive water. i have no problem burning pot without the aid of tobacco. im pretty sure tobacco is mostly used to conserve the pot without reducing the amount of smoke.

eggsactly :)

in Huntington, NY, people have taken to calling marijuana "trauma". It has been shortened by some to merely "trom"

ah i forgot an entire code system in this town

records - weed
DJ - dealer
spin records - smoke weed
produce vinyl - grow weed
record (v) - smoke
recorded - stoned
read a book - get fucked up

i always mix with baccy.... wouldn't have it anyother way... but then again i'm also a smoker(tobbacco) so it don't really effect me, i think its mainly done to make a gram last between a few people.... make a bigger mix
DfI;)

I picked up a lot of different slang, from Alska, Seattle, and South Carolina, people ive partied with, even tho i live in jersey

kaked/ashed-bowls done and all ash
chron/chronic-weed
spark-smoke
...theres others but my memory is horrible:)

1st post....
I have heard these around Texas. Allthough everyone knows them everywhere I would think, in my limited experience some have been more popular in some areas.

Nugs KB or hydro, usually of nice quality (San Antonio)
Dank Around most places just slang for pot, around Fort Worth slang for anything better than shwagg, usually KB
Kill/Killer Generic term for weed (Houston area)
Fire Really exceptional shwagg (Fort Worth/Waco/Houston)
Primo (Pree-moh) Blunt laced w/ cocaine (Everywhere)
Candy Blunt Blunt laced w/ codeine cough syrup (Houston/Waco/Austin)
Green Out Any pot induced head rush/ dizzy spell/ disorientation ect

I'm sure I'm leaving a ton out