• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Basic Cultivation

i aint got no money
i dont care how good teh bud is as long as the bud comes
its starting to bud up right now and the light my friend is using is regular desk light he found the plant ina lot while walking home from school and took it later that night

Go with flourescents. Die hard growers will scoff at this but I have a friend who consistantly grows with flouros and has some pretty decent results. The benifits are that there cheap and don't generate a ton of heat like hps(High pressure sodium-the best for flowering stage hands down If you got the cash) or metal halides(good, but more for veg, or combined w/ hps for flowering) . My friend uses 3 fixtures, w/ two 4' long flourescent bulbs each for veg, and adds two more for flowering. Hes found that to be perfect for 5-10 flowering plants.

As long as you force them to flower when they produce the 2nd set of true leaves you can get some happy plants w/ hi potency buds. They'll be less dense than the rock hard solid buds of hps bulbs, but better than any mid grade, or even beasters in my opinion.

Oh and make sure the plants are about 2-3" from the bulbs(use all "cool white" type or ad two or three "grow bulbs", but no more because there not as bright and the added wave lengths don't really amount to shit. just buy the bulbs w/ the highest lumens you can find).

And don't be tempted to use halogen or incandecent bulbs because there cheaper than flouros; there terrible for growing.

i wetn to the pet store and checked out reptile lamps and shit but the dude there said just go to home depot and get a set up for like 10 bucks

what do i buy at home depot?

Florecent lighting tubes (4foot). Than a lamp to run the light a 4-tube set-up. I prefer to use floros only when starting clones/seedlings than switch to a HPS lamp.
I would advise blowing extra cash on 'plant lights' or GRO-LUX I dont think the increase in price is worth-it.

I believe they have outdoor 'safetey' lights at HD that contain a ballast (lamp) and bulb for 75 bucks (250 watt metal halide). Decent deal but I dont know jack about electricity. You might have to get it hardwired in or get a converter to run it properly.

I dont know..

The easiest thing to do is get some of those new Compact Flourescent bulbs... you just screw them into regular light sockets. try to get the biggest most powerful ones possible. you can get some 42 Watt (about equivalent to 200W regular bulb) for like $10

you should really check out www.overgrow.com for more info.. here's the lighting part of the grow faq: http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/browse.php?topic=101

regular incandescent bulbs wont work they make too much heat and not enough light.

Does anyobdy have info on Bonsai growing? I'm not too worried about how much bud it produces, I just think it would be cool.

^^

Rofl, MAD idea :) Would be a bit worried about the smell though but damn :)

Are my plants ruined?

I had planted 4 marijuana plants, so far, one has come up.

I hadn't checked on them in some time, and the light had burned out and the little plant that did come through has a long stem with one healthy looking leaf and one not-so-healthy looking one.

The little guy was hung over the soil so i carefully propped it to a straw and replaced the lights.

Do you think this plant will be alright, or did I ruin it? :\

Exactly how long ago did this happen? It really sounds like they're ruined though, can't say it sounds good.

RE

I just checked on them last night, and that was what I saw. I have no idea when the plant came through. I have pretty much given up on this batch, I have 4 more seeds germanating. Here's what I plan to do, tell me if anything looks bad... thanks.

I am germinating the seeds in a clean, wet sponge. Once the seeds "hatch" so to speak, I will put them in about an inch below soil. The soil is very rich and fertilized nicely. Each seedling is placed into a tall box, each with it's own flouresent light.

I put them into boxes to minimize smell and when it comes time to let them sit in the dark a few hours a day, it'll be totally dark and or totally light. I plan to check on the plants several times a day and water as needed. Pots have drain holes.

One question though, these seeds are just seeds I took from some of the best herb I have sampled. About how long before I can harvest?

Old Tin Shed

hey guys I got a tin shed out the back of my new backyard that gets a feed of sunlight from basically 10am to 4pm, kinda builds up a bit of heat in time! Me and my roommate were thinking we could grow a couple of good sized hydro plants inside but don't know the best way to go about it...ie. smell, airflow, light, wall texture.

See I figure the tin walls are a pretty good grounding for keeping the heat in, but there is one side which has a fly wire window on it, which worries me regarding the smell getting free. The shed is at the back of a large block backing onto another large block, with good space to both sides (approx 10 metres to the apartments on the left block, and 20 metres to the house on the right side....will they be able to smell it once it buds?

Another thing is the light...it is pretty bad and there is no electricity outlet, so i was thinking of tin foiling the walls to reflect what light does come through the fly wire from the sun, has anyone used this method? Was it effective?

Next prop....where's the easiest palce to get seeds from?

Cheers Stoners, See-ya!

(Success Stories are more appeciated than people who think they know, so keep that in mind before helping out here, thanks again :) )

growing in dry conditions on an sandy island

growin for some time now, but this year I decided to do it on an mediteranien island in adriatic. the thing is that there is not enough humidity trough the summer there, and I'll be there only four times during the growth time. the soil is mainly composed of fine sand , something like 95%-really sandy. is there a problem with lack of nourishmant in this kind of soil. otherwise it has abundance of sun and wind.
the island has a lot of vineyards, and it is said that even if it doesnt rain the sandy soil presrves some degree of humideity.
did any of you had experience with such conditions? how efficiant is the usage of different moist gels and simillar stuff.
one of the reasons that I am trying to do this, is that i expect the weed to be very good.
I would really apreciate some first hand info.

Peat... lots of it... and really deep. Near a river.

If you can find a place where plants grow naturally, then thats often a sign of underground water activity.

maybe if you put a big water's container up the ground with a one-drop-by-one-drop little tube down to your plant...maybe it can work if it's a hidden place and if you carefully guess the neede amount of water.
or better a electric's watering but is uppose it's impossible.
and i think the peat it's not the better thing for pot (because of the ph) but i'm not a pro.

What Plant Food?

Just wondering about others views on plant food for your favourite weed.
I generally use an organic fertiliser for the growing stage but then when it starts budding I use Miracle Grow: All Purpose. Last year I used African Violet for the budding and I havent seen a fertiliser do so much before, but I went back to the shop and the guy for it and he said that the company doesnt exist anymore:( .

I got some "Bio-Power" for the roots. Going to use "Bloom-up" from Ecolizer for flowering. And for growth, I dunno yet.. I'll buy some at the same time when I'm going to get my plants.

Dude this sucks having all the growing stuff in one thread its too hard to find what your looking for!!!!

Search this Thread: down the bottom of this page should help a bit!

EAZY-PING said:
Dude this sucks having all the growing stuff in one thread its too hard to find what your looking for!!!!

Better as having those threads all over the place. And get used to it. It's explained clearly in the Guidelines of this forum.