• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Basic Cultivation

chinese balasts

Has anyone ever heard of chinese made balasts blowing up. I can get a 400 w mh system for 135$ (everything included) from a local distributer but am hesitant because his products are made in china. A friend of mine told me chinese balasts blow up sometimes.

thanks for the input

Since most things are made in China these days I wouldn't worry. If you bought it IN China - however - it might be shoddy. Their export products are tightly regulated and the reason they have stolen the market from under the rest of the world is that they make reliable products for the price they put up.

That being said - I am sure there are a dozen different Chinese balast makers out there - some Chinese products will be excellent while others will be about as useful as half a chopstick.

--- G.

Hi all , I have a quick qestion for growers. After soaking my seeds in water for 24 hrs, I germinated 10 seeds, of which 4 seeds cracked to expose roots. Since that time I planted these 4 rooting seeds in 4 seperate peat pellets, root tip pointing down, and maby 1/8 - 1/2 inch deep. I then placed these pellets in a humidity tent, to achieve the desired humidity, and set the seeds in my hot water tank closet , this gives my seeds an environment with a nice 80 f temperature , and 45-50 % humidity, with the dome. Now my question is , I planted these seeds 1 1/2 weeks ago so about 10 days, I did not over water cuz the dome keeps things moist, and the soil was still damp to the touch more often than not, however I gave it water when I felt it needed it , maby 3 times within the 10 days. But I have not seen 1 seed expose a sprout, and I am not experienced enough to estimate the quickness of root growth, and I dont know how long it takes for roots to develop before a sprout appears. I have never planted seeds before, and would like some info on the time period it takes to notice above ground growth?

ps. the seeds are in complkete darkness, except when i chech for progress , 1 time a day.

thanks

frostie im just curios, exactly where the electrical short came from.. (the reflector?), I 'm just setting up my 400 watt hp sodium kit, and would like to know some considerations when working with ballasts and these lights. Hell I dont want to get shocked again , I got it bad one time , that shit is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ::X

hey, just a quick little question. I have read many various responses to this question, but would just like to know from your guys' experience. If one wanted to get fairly high everyday, maybe smoking once or twice a day, how many cannabis plants would one need to grow? I've heard that growing is the way to go, but weed can go pretty fast. So with that in consideration, approximatley how many small plants (maybe 2-3 feet tall max) grown from good seeds from a reliable vendor would one need to grow to get high every day for personal use. I know plants vary tremendously in potency, "density", etc....., but Im talking about the average high potency plant, most likely indica.

phew, lemme see what i can do

greenliving-all i can suggest is to wait a while. the genetics, saturation of water in the pellets, and type of soil in the pellets all play a role. my suggestion, take away the humidity tent as this is only needed for clones. seedlings need no tent. and they need light. at this point, they need as much food as possible, and light is food for a plant.

swayne- although its nearly impossible to tell, a good guess... a 2-3ft plant would give you about 10-20 g's. if you make 3 ft your max size, you may be wasting your time as the initial startup cost would take a while to earn back by growing 3 ft plants. i would suggest waiting until you have a greater amount of space before attempting any grow

swayne- like yuo said all strains differ in potency, yeild, density, but if your looking for an indica with good yeild and high potency, try sensi seeds black domina

wheelchair said:
swayne- like yuo said all strains differ in potency, yeild, density, but if your looking for an indica with good yeild and high potency, try sensi seeds black domina

im pretty sure that source post will get you bitched out, but yeah that was one of the places i was checking out looks pretty good.

cultivation for one

ok.
I'm getting into the cultivating side of hydroponics,
and without looking up any web sites or any of that crap, i was wondering if anyone out thee had good tips/rules on growing hydro's (AK-47 and white widow strains)
I've got a little grow chamber-enough for 2-3 decent clones to grow, and everything ready to rock... just wanted some "extra" info from seasoned growers/cultivators.

help save my plants

ok i have worked out wots wrong with them, its a Nitrogen Deficiencie how does 1 go about fixing it, i use a fertalizer made of crushed up carp fish its a liquid.... how can i save my plants?

p.s this is a handy little guide http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1111

nitrogen deficiency is not really a big problem, a few yellow leaves isn't bad, as long as you do something about it when it becomes much worse. the containers of your plants may be too small, see if the roots come out beneath and you can change pots. use a high nitrogen fertilizer, think the carp fertilizer will do, fish fertilizers have high nitrogen levels.

btw, this belongs in the basic cultivation thread, you can click on the link on the top of the page.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103564

:)

Bat Guano will do the trick as well as any fish fertilizer as suggeted. Please use a PPM pen and watch your levels according to the strain your cultivating. Foliar feed to quickly correct your deficincy.

Ledom

Last edited:
curing for maximum crystal yield?

this is probably pointless for me to ask cuz the weed i get is already quite cured anyway and i am decent at curing as it is. but do any of u have techniques u use to get a slighter larger or at least more noticeable yield of crystals on ur herb

crystal yield?

sh0ck3r said:
this is probably pointless for me to ask cuz the weed i get is already quite cured anyway and i am decent at curing as it is. but do any of u have techniques u use to get a slighter larger or at least more noticeable yield of crystals on ur herb

the plant will produce it's trichomes (crystals) during flowering, not after it has been harvested. sure you can affect potency by curing (and make it taste better), but the crystals will not grow or increase. only thing you're doing with curing is getting rid of all of the unnessacery stuff (terpenoids, chlorophyl, loss of moisture; thca turns into thc). this guy has the curing thing covered , don't know what else to add to that. :)

some species probably have more crystals than others like the high thc strains like double dutch - magus genetics 28% and S.A.G.E. - thc seeds

why is everyone talking about growing plants with all of these light setups and such, i grew a few plants in my backyard just watered them regularly and occaisonly put varied fertilisers on them they grew to about 3ft when i harvested and i got about 4oz's from each plant and it was all the best smoke id ever had from bush bud

Because it's not that easy to do in most countries.. we have it easy in Australia. In America, pretty much all growsers would have hydro setups, and because hydro plants aren't grown for as long, and are kinda "pushed" through the growing process, they are weak and not as strong as bush/outdoor, so increasing it's potency is important.

'Just be careful guys. Don’t get complacent as I had tonight. Please have respect for electricity'

and frostie and other's. Remember to turn off your water heater when changing you reseviour. it's not hot when you take it out but it will have burn't a hole in the carpet by the time you get back with more solution/water. Had 2 pass that off as a hair rolling wand thingy burn to the landlord.
oops !!

h-jive said- ' it was the best smoke id ever had from BUSH BUD.
hence the light's setup, hydro's etc
Easy too grow and stronger than 95% of bush bud.(you can't beat the best of bushies though).