• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Shwag vs. dank

shwag w/ dizzle???? wtf i would rather just take a bong hit of some good stuff and roll a blunt with the shwag. why ruin the good taste of dank with some shwag...stupid idea shimmerfade....if you smoke resin on the other hand then its much better to mix with a little green cuz it will taste better and burn better ...but shwag and dank dont get mixed together in my house..

I call my indoor *Reg. haha. Its the regular if you smoke it regularly,

Down here in Louisville, most people just say the prices of thier herb. Here's our scale

$50-$100(fityonehundred)-Phat,Plum,Hairy,Sticky,well cured herb.

$40-$80(fortyeighty)-Good smelling,green,hairs,few seeds, good buzz

$30-$60(thirtysixty)-Good commercial,10-4 seeds per gram, still tastes like shit, has a good long lasting commercial high

Anything cheaper, i would not be around or caught with, Mexican weed is nasty. I would rather huff on a duster can for my 5 dollars cuz I know im getting higher off of it.

Oh god how i love living in southern california! The dank we get down here is SICK! compared to other places i've gone & its reasonably priced too. I don't mean to be a "pot snob" as some people say but i don't smoke shwag, Hence the name "TheDankOholic". On a side not, where i live its almost impossible to find shwag for my friends who do smoke it. Everyone around here only sells Dank. The only way you can pick up shwag is to go to the ghetto and find a street dealer who will probably rip you off. Also if you know the right people dank isn't terribly expensive. Prices have actually gone down somewhat. $10 a g, $35 an 8th. compared to when it used to be $20 a g, $50 an 8th. & its still just as bomb as it used to be, if not better sometimes =D

If were going to have a naming system, then we definitly need pictures of what=what. Oh, and I mix some 'dro into my shwag blunts. It has a noticable difference.

Depends on your money situatuion, and how good the dank is that you can get. If I am getting really flame shit at the time, its better to just buy the dank IMO. It lasts a decent amount of time because you need such little.

-Wayne

lol im from NZ and i guess the weed i get would be classed as dank..

no seeds .. ever, we often WANT to get seeds so we can plant our own!
absolutely covered in crystals
no stalks at all
smells sooo good (almost minty hehe) and soo strong

we get it in foils though.. well baggies sometimes, depends where u go i spose =D

mmm good ol' kiwi weed

We have some killer outdoor, probaly some of the best in the US. Some killer shit with no seeds, great piny/fruity taste. After 3 hits out of the bong, your cool, your chest will hurt way way to bad to even think about taking another rip. Id put it against anyones outdoor in the US. Its not no indoor but its the sticky sticky outdoor!!!!!

Properly cured weed isn't really supposed to hurt your chest so much that you can't take more than three hits - sounds painful! But it can still be hella potent =D

--- G.

I've had types of weed in all catagories (low, mid, and high-grade) that I have enjoyed very much. However, I've also had it from each quality that I didn't seem to enjoy. Each strain is different.

^i agree with that a lot

some strains even if they are grown very well i just don't seem to like

but give me some crazy stinky blueberry dank hydro buds and some leafy outdoor stick schwag blueberry and there is just no comparison...you just get that much higher off the dro, with much less...

i mean really, it has more THC, obviously it's a better high
and if you think it gets you too fucked up and tired, just smoke less, and you'll get a cleaner, more potent high than all that outdoor stick shit you just sucked down

ussmak said:
I live in Texas so (obviously) I run across alot of shwag. However I do buy 'dro and when I compare it to my 'shwag' there really isn't that much of a difference. I mean sure one looks and smells nicer but the high is pretty good off both of them. Maybe we just get the best shwag here before it's shipped everywhere else.
I second that. I've seen all kinds of shwag, from the dirt mexican weed that isn't even worth smoking to shwag that would give dro (indica) a run for its money. Maybe its because of our close proximity to mexico that the quality is still nearly decent and fresh.

We use the slang words shwag for stativa, and dro for indica.

For quality scales, my group of friends use a simple system.
For Shwag (Stativa)
Shwag - Dirt to decent shwag.
Fire - Really good shwag, were one sweet gets you really high and two sweets, you completely blazed. Also has the characteristic of intense burning similar to really good dro.

For Dro (Indica)
BC - Has a dro/shwag type high. Usually its low quality dro and the lowest costing dro. Most likely, dro seeds grown in the soil and not hydroponically, or shwag seeds grown hydroponically.
Dro - Good dro, has a strong smell, and good taste when smoked. Isn't the best dro around but its still pretty good.
Dank - Usually skunk, has the knockout punch effect were one bowl gets you really high, two bowls your blazed, and after that, your literally retarded.

Last edited:
you do know that mexican brick could be indica (though not commong) and hyDROponic weed could be sativa (though most are indica/sativa crosses)?

frizzantik said:
you do know that mexican brick could be indica (though not commong) and hyDROponic weed could be sativa (though most are indica/sativa crosses)?
Since you like to be smart, Yes I know.;)

WTF?! A lot of people here don't know shit about weed. Why would u pay 50 for an eighth of shwag? AlmostFamous, forgive me for stating the obvious, but dro is short for hydroponic, not a type or variety of weed but a way of growing. so you can see how it doesn't make sense to say "dro seeds" right?8( I dont know about everyone else but shwag is synonymous with bad weed(brick,seeds,dry etc.) where i come from. So the question translates into: Do u prefer good or bad weed? Why would you waste your time/money/lungs on bad weed if you had access to good weed? Shwag imo is usually seeded which automatically means it is way less potent than sensamilla(unseeded female buds), pressed into brick form, and overly dry,old, and degraded. IMO the only thing shwag is good for is brownies or hash. Almost all comercial weed and therefore shwag is of the Indica type which is characterized by a narcotic,couchlock, mind/body numbing high. The indica plant itself is shorter,stockier, w/closer internodes, fatter leaves, and bigger yield in shorter time. The sativa type is basically the opposite so it is rarely sold comercially unless youre in a good area. many smokers have never even tried a true sativa. I could go on for days but just go to overgrow.com for more info.I dont mean to sound like a weed snob but I guess I am. I suggest you all take a look at overgrow.com and gain some knowledge. and thats real. Peace

Last edited:
Why would u pay 50 for an eighth of shwag?

I agree it is a sad state of affairs, but I think people pay it probably because local prices vary greatly between areas and so does the quality of "schwag" - some people get pretty damn potent schwag - as much of a contradiction in terms as that may sound. The term apparently doesn't always refer to smelly, brown brickweed.

I suggest you all take a look at overgrow.com and gain some knowledge. and thats real.

Overgrow is a great site - but it is huge and there is tons and tons of misinformation to be picked up there if you're not careful about who you listen to.

--- G.

I guess i just have a different definition of shwag. I know there is a range of pricing and qualities around the world. I guess im lucky to have a great weed market here in Northern Cali where i pay 40-50 for an eighth of good dank weed and less than 250 an oz. Im smoking ak 47 right now and my neighbor just got some juicyfuit.
I agree overgrow is a huge forum with differing opinions, but you cant really go wrong with the FAQ and image galleries. If you do use the forums it isnt hard to spot the well respected members with their accumulation of positive karma. 61,718 registered members and counting cant be wrong(about OG being a good site)
:)

JEEEZUS at all the slang names for weed, as long as we all are talking in subjective slang/street terms this will never amount to anything but a subjective war of words. Truth is that those of you in California could be smoking the exact same strain of weed that someone in Las Vegas or Pheonix or New Zealand for that matter has and would never know it, because you all have a different name for it.

I would suggest you learn to CLASSIFY weed according to species first, then identify the strain/ hybrid, Street names are irrelevant,because the truth is that some 15 y.o. will come up with a new street name next month, that every dealer in town will think is cool and start calling his weed by that term. When the truth is it the same shit you smoked 3 months ago , just a different grow batch. LOOK on EROWID, OVERGROW or some of the other quality websites that deal with pot, there are plenty out there. Learn what you're putting into your body, educate yourself. Learn the difference between Indica and Sativa, learn that 'DRO' is a growing method, not a strain of weed. Most of what I've heard on here anyway are generalized terms refering to weed , or good weed/bad weed, not specific strain names. But because this is all so subjective and slang varies from region to region, no one has any idea what the other is refering to.