• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Shwag vs. dank

Haha...all you people who are favoring one or the other are kinda mistaken 8o. Now then, of course nug is gonna be better alone, but any experienced smoker should know schwag b4 nug is the way to go. Smoke a nice fat bowl of schwag and top it off with about 5-6 hits of some good nug. I guess it also depends on your tolerance a good deal. Good nug will put someone who never smokes to sleep ;) . If you smoke alot and have a high tolerance schwag/nug combo can't be beat.

who the fuck cares what people prefer, people smoke diferent kinds of weed simple as that, thread doesnt make any sence

Yeah, can someone explain the finer points of the difference between Shwag and Dank. I'm an Australian, over here the main difference we have between weed would be homegrown (usually outdoors kinda stuff, and a more psychadelic and less couchlocked *indica?* high) or hydro (which is the strong shit which you smoke a couple of cones of and get intimate with the couch for hours).

I heard actually on overgrow, that most of the Mexican brickweed was actually really pretty good shit before the parties responsible pressed it into bricks and crushed the shit out of it.

So yeah, anyway, what's the technical differences between Dank and Shwag? Visual, psychoactive etc...

-plaz out-

Heres a quick grade scale i made up a while back:

F - Dirt brown seedy stemmy nasty powder
D - almost green seedy stemmy nasty buds
C - green seedy stemmy buds
B - green with very few seeds, if any. Some hermie buds, poor cure/taste/smell/burn - most commercial green buds (such as beasters) go here. Also A looking buds that aren't as potent as they ought to be
A - no seeds, excellent cure/taste/smell/burn/high etc

A&B are 'dank' while C, D and F are shwagg

Last edited:
In Australia, Pot that is not grown hydroponically indoors is called Bush. But since Australia has alot of places with the perfect climate for growing weed, alot of Bush is pretty potent. I've had outdoors weed than knocked the hairs of pretty much every hydro strain I've smoked (except Northern Lights..).. Normally stuff like that is found in Nimbin though :p

BTW, I smoke hydro because it's cheap enough where I am, and I know my source and the plants are fully flushed before harvest. Over here there is alot of hydro buds being grown in 6 weeks, and they don't bother to flush it for 2 weeks, leaving possibly dangerous chemicals in your weed. At minimum, it doesn't taste as good, and gives a "greenover".. AT worst.. Could possible lead to a throat/lung infection which can get pretty nasty.. WHo knows what they growers put in their hydroponics... This is one reason why bush is preferred by many.

i too am in australia and have never been offered or seen other strains well not knowingly, where i am prices are pretty much all the same and potentcy usually depends on dealer... for example we would call one guy one day coz he has a nice fat deal but it aint heaps strong, or we'd call another bloke coz the buds he has at the mo are really chronic..... we also have the option of buyinf kif......

i recently sampled a friends homegron hyrdo very nice but different to my normal stoned

Shwag weed is'nt worth smokin, unless you smoke a 3 gram blunt. Plus that shit is dirty. You dont know what the put in it down in mexico. Ive found potatoes, heads of lettuce, massive ammounts of spider webs, and other shit to make the brick heavier and moister. I like to get indoor strait out of the grow room. :)

I live in Texas so (obviously) I run across alot of shwag. However I do buy 'dro and when I compare it to my 'shwag' there really isn't that much of a difference. I mean sure one looks and smells nicer but the high is pretty good off both of them. Maybe we just get the best shwag here before it's shipped everywhere else.

Unless you buy halfs or bigger you dont have any price change. its all who you know. You will pay the same for good and great. What is differnt is the better the less it will have. say an 8th would be 3.2 for real good 3.5 for downtown stuff.

Personally, I am sick of the fact that one slang term for weed can be any quality..

I propose that we get together and develop a universal Bluelight weed scale.. Perhaps someday to be used worldwide.. In this their would be set classes of weed, and no more local slang.. So if someone said that they were smoking "KB" or "Dank" or "Shwag" anyone familiar with the scale would know exactly what the weed
A. Looked and smelled like...
B. How much seeds and stems..
C. How well cured it was(taste, smoke quality)
D. Of course, how potent it was
E. The quality of the high

Much like pillreports has a number system to describe E, we'd have a word system to describe bud (Shwag being lowest and KB or Chronic being highest, for example)..

up a couple of posts i've developed a decent scale system that could be expanded upon

Yeah, I just read Frizz's system and I find it logical and relatively accurate (in so far as one can hope to quantify these things).

--- G.

Usually what i call nug is seedless buds of kind bud. There can be good schwag too though. Frizz IMO dank doesn't have seeds and is very potent smelling and great tasting

I've had 'dank' where i've found a seed or two.. i'm not talking about tons of seeds, but an occasional seed can still be in dank, imo. i'll change "few" to "very few".. hows that? :D

yea ive had sickkkkk fuckin weed were i found 1 seed in the bag, but thats gettin like a couple ounces, its pretty comon, i just save the seed when ever that happens, i dont really think the seed will have the potential to grow weed any better then a seed from dirt weed, cause ive seen some sick ass plants grown from comercial weed seeds, anyway yea seeds dont really mater theres always gonna be a couple in any strain of weed

the only problem is that the whole weed smoking community is used to words like dank, hydro, kb, shwag, mids, reg etc. Though your scale is extremely practical, it would be very hard to standardize all of Bluelights weed talk into a number system.. What we need to do is keep all the word terms, but create clear definitions for them.. Something they do not have right now.. for instance, reg prolly means a different type of weed to everyone here(generally the same, but not specifically).. We could make it specific tho0ugh, so when someone says "you should smoke reg instead of chronic" everyone who reads that post will realise exactly what potency and type of weed he was smoking, and what he should move down to..

Not merely just from good to lower quality; potent to weak.. but more specific... Just a stoned brainchild of mine.. :)

When I first moved to California and got a taste of what "real good" pot tasted like, I was in heaven. It was damn near impossible to find proper nuggets in the town I was from. And when/if you did, you paid out your ass for it. 130-160 a Quarter!!!!8o 8o So all I really ever smoked was mid grade shwag, it was all I knew so it totally got me high, but after tasting the sweet sweet Cali herbs, I could never go back to that shit I smoked back home!

schwag/nug combo? what the hell? how about nug/nug combo? schwag doesn't do shit and it makes me more tired and bored than good dro